Trump/Vance childcare cost solution...

Well, what do you want a woman to do?

If she is pregnant and knows she can’t work and pay for childcare she has to make a decision

Terminating a pregnancy you can’t afford is an option

If you tell her she can’t abort, you need to be willing to pay for childcare or welfare
I say she should use birth control, and that would solve 99% of the problem right there.

For the 1% who experienced a failure, they can still get an abortion. You Dems try to convince the gullible idiots it’s been outlawed.

Well perhaps they could use their "child tax credit" to offset their childcare costs.

Maybe buy a 25K KIA Soul instead of a 50K+ SUV to tote the kids to daycare.....Kids are all about sacrifice.

There are no free rides in that regard to raise them up right.

There is nothing wrong with helping out (I do) but I'm not big on dumping the kids off on grandparents....They paid their dues.....You had them, you raise them.

1. Tough choice for a woman. Abort or put the kid up for adoption. If she got paid as a surrogate it might be a compromise.

2. If she can't afford childcare I agree that her only choice is abortion, unless there is some kind of surrogate arrangement.

3. I'm trying to recall if there are options for the "father" to pay child support?

How Republican policies force women into abortion

True. Back about 1984 the Grace Commission made all kinds of money saving recommendations.
Congressmen never vote for anything that cuts jobs or spending in their districts.

And the chances of them doing so now are far less. Everyone loves to talk about spending cuts, but nobody is willing to give up any money from their pot.

So, one of the ways that you might be able to relieve a little bit of pressure on people who are paying so much for daycare is make is so that maybe, grandma and grandpa wants to help out a little bit more.

“Or maybe there’s an aunt or uncle that wants to help out a little bit more. If that happens you relieve some of the pressure on all the resources that we’re spending in daycare.”

So, mooching off family members is the plan to lower the cost of childcare?

Seems there are a few holes in this plan.
/----/ Yeah, DUMMY. That's the way it has always been. Family helping family. And it still happens today. I help my daughter with her kids twice a week by getting them off the bus and watching them until she and SIL get home from work. It saves them on babysitters.
You must come from a selfish family.

How Republican policies force women into abortion
Nope. They could either:

1) be responsible and use birth control (this is where 99% of unwanted pregnancies come from)

2) give the child up for adoption

3) abort

4) keep the child if she can afford to support it

So, one of the ways that you might be able to relieve a little bit of pressure on people who are paying so much for daycare is make is so that maybe, grandma and grandpa wants to help out a little bit more.

“Or maybe there’s an aunt or uncle that wants to help out a little bit more. If that happens you relieve some of the pressure on all the resources that we’re spending in daycare.”

wasn't couch boi saying just the other day how useless postmenopausal women are?

I say she should use birth control, and that would solve 99% of the problem right there.

For the 1% who experienced a failure, they can still get an abortion. You Dems try to convince the gullible idiots it’s been outlawed.
Republicans blocked a "right to birth control" bill just this year.

Next lie please.

Where in Article I does Congress get the power to use taxpayer funds to pay for babysitters?

What this country needs is a SERIOUS movement to restore the power of the Tenth Amendment. At least half of discretional Federal spending is blatantly unconstitutional.

For the record, my Italian-immigrant in-laws provided most of the babysitting for my one and only child. Had they not been willing to do so, my wife would have quit her job to nurture him rather than pay "strangers" for that task. It's all about priorities.

God forbid we should have kids with a plan to raise them ourselves.

Better to mooch off the taxpayers, then?

The biggest hole in the plan is that it starts with the idea that we are all collectively obliged to take care of each other’s children or to pay up to provide for someone else to do so.

/----/ Yeah, DUMMY. That's the way it has always been. Family helping family. And it still happens today. I help my daughter with her kids twice a week by getting them off the bus and watching them until she and SIL get home from work. It saves them on babysitters.
You must come from a selfish family.

I come from a family that has traveled the world and lives far from where we started and all live multiple states apart from each other or even in different countries.

We were raised to be responsible and take care of our own children and not expect our parents to raise our kids as well.

A new concept for you I suspect.

Where in Article I does Congress get the power to use taxpayer funds to pay for babysitters?

What this country needs is a SERIOUS movement to restore the power of the Tenth Amendment. At least half of discretional Federal spending is blatantly unconstitutional.

For the record, my Italian-immigrant in-laws provided most of the babysitting for my one and only child. Had they not been willing to do so, my wife would have quit her job to nurture him rather than pay "strangers" for that task. It's all about priorities.
Agree. A friend of mine stayed home with their daughter, meaning only the husband worked, and thus they could afford just a townhouse instead of a single-family house. (Of course, the sf of the townhouse was more than that of SFHs she and I grew up in, so no big sacrifice.)

She went back to work when her daughter turned 9, and hired a high school kid to watch her after school, and she and her husband bought the SFH they wanted. So….they delayed the house purchase by 10 years, but provided full-time mama care when the kid was a child.

THAT is how it should be done. It takes a lot of entitlement to force other people to pay for your daycare costs so you can afford a house.

Forum List

Back