Trump/Vance childcare cost solution...

Agree. A friend of mine stayed home with their daughter, meaning only the husband worked, and thus they could afford just a townhouse instead of a single-family house. (Of course, the sf of the townhouse was more than that of SFHs she and I grew up in, so no big sacrifice.)

She went back to work when her daughter turned 9, and hired a high school kid to watch her after school, and she and her husband bought the SFH they wanted. So….they delayed the house purchase by 10 years, but provided full-time mama care when the kid was a child.

THAT is how it should be done. It takes a lot of entitlement to force other people to pay for your daycare costs so you can afford a house.

This is the best way in my opinion. My wife quit her job after our youngest was born. She tried to go back to work but could not stand to be away from our daughter so she quit and we made do with a single income for the next 16 years.

It was hard at times seeing family members taking all sorts of trips and vacations while our only vacations were when we were moving from one base to the next.

But it was well worth it all and now we are more than making up for it

This is the best way in my opinion. My wife quit her job after our youngest was born. She tried to go back to work but could not stand to be away from our daughter so she quit and we made do with a single income for the next 16 years.

It was hard at times seeing family members taking all sorts of trips and vacations while our only vacations were when we were moving from one base to the next.

The military does have subsidized child care programs. Now you chose to not use them which worked out for you but not everyone has that luxury.

No, people are not buying nice houses because taxpayers are subsidizing child care like some are suggesting.

It's little more than a hate for the working poor. The single mother needs this help just to keep a simple roof over their heads.

The military does have subsidized child care programs. Now you chose to not use them which worked out for you but not everyone has that luxury.

Some bases had an on-base childcare facility, some do not. The ones that did tended to have a waiting list sometimes over a year.

No, people are not buying nice houses because taxpayers are subsidizing child care like some are suggesting.

I agree, that is just stupid.

Vance is creepy.
I kinda feel sorry for him....his really messed up mom and dad screwed the boy up....a real mental job on him.... Considering what he went through, he's doing okay....he could have easily have been the 14 yr old killer at the high school, with near same bad parenting background!

Grandma and grandpa saved him....sort of....

So, to me....part of him being just weird, comes from what he had been through as a child....

Am I showing my soft and squishy liberal colors?

I kinda feel sorry for him....his really messed up mom and dad screwed the boy up....a real mental job on him.... Considering what he went through, he's doing okay....he could have easily have been the 14 yr old killer at the high school, with near same bad parenting background!

So, to me....part of him being just weird, comes from what he had been through as a child....

I'm good with weird. It's the creepy part..........................

So, one of the ways that you might be able to relieve a little bit of pressure on people who are paying so much for daycare is make is so that maybe, grandma and grandpa wants to help out a little bit more.

“Or maybe there’s an aunt or uncle that wants to help out a little bit more. If that happens you relieve some of the pressure on all the resources that we’re spending in daycare.”

So, mooching off family members is the plan to lower the cost of childcare?

Seems there are a few holes in this plan.
What government intervention would you have liked for them to speak about?

So, one of the ways that you might be able to relieve a little bit of pressure on people who are paying so much for daycare is make is so that maybe, grandma and grandpa wants to help out a little bit more.

“Or maybe there’s an aunt or uncle that wants to help out a little bit more. If that happens you relieve some of the pressure on all the resources that we’re spending in daycare.”

So, mooching off family members is the plan to lower the cost of childcare?

Seems there are a few holes in this plan.

Seems like the government should not be paying for daycare that family could be providing.

Why should we burdened with paying for that.....in effect, helping out, when other family won't.

Seems like it's hitting on solid principle.

Some grandparents do, some do not.

What happens if the grandparents live 5 states away?

This plan assumes everyone lives close by all the rest of their family.

A plan ?

It's more like pointing to the 800# gorilla in the room.

You are showing that you are judgemental.

How many years in the military did you have and how many children in military child care?

I spent twenty years on active duty.

We used military child care centers multiple times as we moved from base to base.

#1 Military Child Care Centers are space limited meaning a max cap. Typically waiting lists were 6 to 12 months depending on age group needed and infant care typically had the longest waiting lists.

#2 Military Child Care Centers are not free and when were using them there wasn't a huge difference in the cost of the on-base center vs. off-base civilian centers was not that much in CONUS. OUTCONUS can be even worse as there may not be what we think of as Child Care Centers.
#3 The Military Branch doesn't provide the center, as in funded from their budget. It's the base MWR (Moral, Welfare, and Recreation Department) that runs the child care centers and they have to be self funding.
I ask because you describe it as "that luxury" implying that on-base child care is (a) avaialble to all, and (b) cheap [which it's not].

WW

The government: We are going to subsidize your child care
Child care: Cool, then we are raising praises by 60%

This ^^^ is considered a solution to moronic leftists.

There is really no basis for the Govt on a Federal or even state level to be involved at all.
1725975029339.png

Right with you.

We always planned on one income.

It can be a little frustrating at times, but I would not trade the benefits of having my wife at home (where she wanted to be) for anything I can think of.

Conservatives complain about dropping birth rates but don’t want to do anything about it.

Just bitch bitch bitch.

Forum List

Back