Trump Vows To ‘Destroy’ The Law That Bans Churches From Endorsing Candidates

In before 'Conspiracy Theories'...
GOP unveils bill to allow political activity by churches

Not a conspiracy.

Republicans have wanted a theocracy for years.

What unmitigated bullshit!

Do you make this shit up, or have you got it posted on stick-ems on the wall behind your potty chair?

Jesus ----- the infantile stupidity of the left never ceases to amaze me.

And the pretend denial on the right makes me wonder what they are actually after?

Put God back in the saddle and it's all be OK.

Not a conspiracy.

So the political activity of Muslims should be ended. Correct?

How are Muslims politically active--what are they doing to involve themselves into politics?
Sorry. I thought you were knowledgeable about the topic. My mistake.

The current status requires that religious organizations not participate in the political process.

However, the same rule doesn't apply for those attacking those same religious organizations.

Thus, you have the current secular-heavy government focus, with government-permitted attacks on Christianity.

Leveling the playing field would seem fair.

Not a conspiracy.

How are Muslims politically active--what are they doing to involve themselves into politics?
Oreo. Just a tasty cookie liberals want to ban.

The current status requires that religious organizations not participate in the political process.

However, the same rule doesn't apply for those attacking those same religious organizations.

Thus, you have the current secular-heavy government focus, with government-permitted attacks on Christianity.

Why is it OK for churches to attack gays?

Not a conspiracy.

Clever.

or not.

"An amendment, pushed by Lyndon Johnson many years ago, threatens religious institutions with a loss of their tax-exempt status if they openly advocate their political views."
Donald Trump on Thursday, July 21st, 2016 in a speech at the Republican convention

I lived in Salt Lake City for a short time during the 70's. The Mormon Church was threatened by the government that they would lose their tax exempt status if they didn't stop discriminating against blacks.

In June 1978, after “spending many hours in the Upper Room of the [Salt Lake] Temple supplicating the Lord for divine guidance,” Church President Spencer W. Kimball, his counselors in the First Presidency, and members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles received a revelation. “He has heard our prayers, and by revelation has confirmed that the long-promised day has come,” the First Presidency announced on June 8. The First Presidency stated that they were “aware of the promises made by the prophets and presidents of the Church who have preceded us” that “all of our brethren who are worthy may receive the priesthood.”21

Race and the Priesthood

Funny how they describe it. Like I said, I was living in Salt Lake City in the 70's when that happened. The government had given the Mormon Church a deadline. They would be losing their tax exempt status. Considering everyone in the church pledges a portion of their income, that amounts to many billions of dollars. A hefty tax bill looming. Their leader had a "vision from God" just in time. Suddenly blacks could join the church priesthood. The could always join the church. They were barred from being missionaries or entering the inner sanctum of the church. Then they could and they kept their tax exempt status.

Lucky God cared about their taxes, wouldn't you say?

Trump wants to get rid of that tax exempt status. Not just for churches. But charities and any tax exempt organization would now be free to discriminate without any drawback.

What the GOP has dreamed of doing since the 60's.

Why did the Comrade ask for a prayer for Arnold Schwarzenegger because the celebrity apprentice T.V. reality show ratings have dropped? Is there any sense that he makes?

Since we have separation of church and state in this country, I doubt the U.S. Supreme court would look upon the church as a political action committee and allow them to accept donations, especially when they're tax exempt. If they did, heck next it would be schools and other public institutions that could do it also.
There's nothing in the constitution about separation of church and state… Jack weed

Of course if activist leftist SJW Catholics want to provide sanctuary for illegals, or radical Muslims want to preach against America, there is nothing to see there...

Not a conspiracy.

Clever.

or not.
To clarify... Oreo, not the cookie company, is poo

Actually I am against throwing homosexuals off of roof tops for sport. I am also against Female genital mutilation

Not a conspiracy.

Clever.

or not.

Actually I am against throwing homosexuals off of roof tops for sport. I am also against Female genital mutilation

Jesus Christ didn't have anything to do with politics.

I am still waiting for an answer as to how are Muslims involved in politics in this country, and what they're doing. Apparently I am not going to get that answer, (except an answer that told me they don't like Oreo cookies.)

"An amendment, pushed by Lyndon Johnson many years ago, threatens religious institutions with a loss of their tax-exempt status if they openly advocate their political views."
Donald Trump on Thursday, July 21st, 2016 in a speech at the Republican convention

I lived in Salt Lake City for a short time during the 70's. The Mormon Church was threatened by the government that they would lose their tax exempt status if they didn't stop discriminating against blacks.

In June 1978, after “spending many hours in the Upper Room of the [Salt Lake] Temple supplicating the Lord for divine guidance,” Church President Spencer W. Kimball, his counselors in the First Presidency, and members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles received a revelation. “He has heard our prayers, and by revelation has confirmed that the long-promised day has come,” the First Presidency announced on June 8. The First Presidency stated that they were “aware of the promises made by the prophets and presidents of the Church who have preceded us” that “all of our brethren who are worthy may receive the priesthood.”21

Race and the Priesthood

Funny how they describe it. Like I said, I was living in Salt Lake City in the 70's when that happened. The government had given the Mormon Church a deadline. They would be losing their tax exempt status. Considering everyone in the church pledges a portion of their income, that amounts to many billions of dollars. A hefty tax bill looming. Their leader had a "vision from God" just in time. Suddenly blacks could join the church priesthood. The could always join the church. They were barred from being missionaries or entering the inner sanctum of the church. Then they could and they kept their tax exempt status.

Lucky God cared about their taxes, wouldn't you say?

Trump wants to get rid of that tax exempt status. Not just for churches. But charities and any tax exempt organization would now be free to discriminate without any drawback.

What the GOP has dreamed of doing since the 60's.

The Mormon and Catholic religions are cults and shouldn't qualify for tax free status anyway.....

Clever.

or not.

I am still waiting for an answer as to how are Muslims involved in politics in this country, and what they're doing. Apparently I am not going to get that answer, (except an answer that told me they don't like Oreo cookies.)

In Irving, Texas, they wanted to have a Tribunal court to settle disputes under Sharia law instead of the U.S constitution. Many muslims want Sharia law in their communities...so you were saying???

Clever.

or not.

In Irving, Texas, they wanted to have a Tribunal court to settle disputes under Sharia law instead of the U.S constitution. Many muslims want Sharia law in their communities...so you were saying???

Do you have a link to that?

Clever.

or not.

"Google" it, dumb fuck........it's easy if you know how to use a keyboard and navigate the internet...

Churches don't attack gays - I'm sure you can find some esoteric church (like Hillsdale Baptist) - but, in the main, churches disapprove of gays, but they don't attack them.

Clever.

or not.

"Google" it, dumb fuck........it's easy if you know how to use a keyboard and navigate the internet...

When I make a claim I always pull up my own links, when you make a claim you can put up your own or it goes into my B.S. column. If you don't know how to copy and paste a link, then this will be a good practice session for you, and you can google how to copy and paste.

You're on a big boy & girl political thread, and believe me, I won't the first and last that ask you for links as to what you're stating.

Clever.

or not.

He didn't?

You read a different Bible than I did?

When I make a claim I always pull up my own links, when you make a claim you can put up your own or it goes into my B.S. column. If you don't know how to copy and paste a link, then this will be a good practice session for you, and you can google how to copy and paste.

You're on a big boy & girl political thread, and believe me, I won't the first and last that ask you for links as to what you're stating.

Nothing you post here has ever been worth a shit so if you posted a link? I certainly didn't bother to "click" on it because I know more than you.....get it now, "big girl"????

Clever.

or not.

Muslims in this country involved in politics .... we all are. But, is their mosque involved in politics? Do not try to conflate the two.

Forum List

Back