Trump wants to buy Greenland

Man, this would be so great. Dump California. Add Greenland.

Trump Eyes a New Real-Estate Purchase: Greenland
How many more trillions is that gonna add to the debt?

It's just a drop in the bucket. If Mexico won't pay for it, the middle class will pay for it just like the last tax cut.

As Nipsy Russel once said,

Forever the streets I do roam
Because my Take home pay will no longer take me home.
Circa (1968)
/—-/ “ The middle class will pay for it just like the last tax cut.”
How does one PAY to have less money TAKEN from their paycheck?

a hell of a lot less then medicare for all will
I find that highly doubtful since Medicare for all will be paid for by taxes corresponding to insurance premiums.
/—— / Despite tax rates of roughly 40 percent at all levels of income and national sales taxes (the value-added tax, or VAT) of 20 to 25 percent, as well as massive taxes on gasoline and other goods, the cost of “free” is quite expensive — not that many European countries haven’t tried grabbing as much revenue as possible. The result? The old adage about other people’s money is playing out in hospitals across the continent. When those tax rates are not enough, then what? Factor in an aging population and the problem is not one of providing care, it’s one of math. Socialized Medicine Means Crushing Taxes And Denied Care

If he can't get money for the wall he promised, how in the hell is he gonna get enough to buy Greenland?

Is he looking at this as his Louisiana Purchase?
Ending welfare would be a good first step. If it gave us the money to buy Greenland, we should also end social security.

Greenland could be a strategic location in regards to national defense. Their glacial water might pay for the island alone. Unknown mineral wealth plus the fishing possibilities could also be plusses. lennypartiv's theory on Greenland benefitting from global warming is also a plus. Let's face facts, Trump is the only President in our lifetime who could even think of such an interesting plan.
Yep,
With natural climate change it could be a productive place

I find that highly doubtful since Medicare for all will be paid for by taxes corresponding to insurance premiums.
We just sent over 100 billion into Puerto Rico for a fucking storm .. what a shit hole
Puerto Ricans are Americans you fuckin' retard. Were you pissed off when Louisiana got aid for their hurricane damage?

We just sent over 100 billion into Puerto Rico for a fucking storm .. what a shit hole
Puerto Ricans are Americans you fuckin' retard. Were you pissed off when Louisiana got aid for their hurricane damage?
/—-/ Puerto Ricans were charged with stealing the relief money at the same time they demanded more relief aid. Funny little democRATs.

I’m sorry did I get a vote to take on that island!?? No we didn’t.. 5 congress people don’t represent me.. Cut off the shit hole!

If we exchange it for California, it should be net positive for the balance sheet.

And hey, everyone in California keeps wishing for Danish law anyway....this is a win win deal.
You do know that CA is the world's 5th largest economy, right?

I’m sorry did I get a vote to take on that island!?? No we didn’t.. 5 congress people don’t represent me.. Cut off the shit hole!
Wanna cut off Mississippi or Alabama? They generally get more aid than Puerto Rico.

I like the idea. Greenland could be the 51st state and the largest state, even bigger than Alaska. Plus we'd have Canada surrounded.
Greenland says they’re open for business not for sale.

Besides with Donald Trump as president who would want to join the United States? You got a racist Hitler type guy who’s running the country. And Greenland has a lot of Eskimo type Indians in it. What if Trump says we need to throw those people out?

Wanna cut off Mississippi or Alabama? They generally get more aid than Puerto Rico.
Actually, most of Appalachia does. Just Kentucky and West Virginia alone make up five of the top 10 poorest counties in the country. And opioid deaths in just West Virginia, the state that has less than half the population of Chicago and Baltimore, has 3 to 4 times more deaths from opioids then those two big cities do from guns.
And Kentucky is nearly 90% white and West Virginia is about 94% white. So those racist whites in the GOP can’t blame opioid deaths and poverty on black people living in their states.
Something they try to do all the time.

Forum List

Back