Trump wants to buy Greenland

“If he is truly contemplating this, then this is final proof, that he has gone mad,” foreign affairs spokesman for the Danish People’s Party, Soren Espersen, told broadcaster DR.

Greenland tells Trump it is open for business but not for sale - Reuters

In 1946, the U.S. offered to buy Greenland from Denmark for $100 million, but the Danish government refused to sell. The U.S. has tried to purchase Greenland more than once this is not a new idea.

If they refused to sell when we were a respected country, they certainly wouldn't sell now.

Man, this would be so great. Dump California. Add Greenland.

Trump Eyes a New Real-Estate Purchase: Greenland

Smart man, as the planet warms more Greenland will be less and less ice covered and all those resources will be there for the taking.
i only heard about this today and need to do some research on whether its a good idea or not and/or what value we could get from it.

all those going GOOD or BAD "immediately" are just doing party line shit and not even looking into the topic itself. surface noise never has been so loud before.

The U.S. has purchased territory from other countries many times. We purchased Alaska from Russia for $7.2 million.
yep. but they were also for sale or potentially for sale at the time. russia and france didn't want to try and defend the land and for alaska, no russians ever really went there. for france, lost battles and couldn't defend. those were no brainers.

i think it could be interesting to have greenland as part of the US but if not for sale, move on and develop business interests.

:rofl::rofl:

$22 trillion in debt

No money to pay for a 5 billion southern border wall

The country's infrastructure falling apart, no money to fix it

And y'all think it's a good idea???

It's a joke, played on Trump, that Trump' s ego took seriously

Smart man, as the planet warms more Greenland will be less and less ice covered and all those resources will be there for the taking.
i only heard about this today and need to do some research on whether its a good idea or not and/or what value we could get from it.

all those going GOOD or BAD "immediately" are just doing party line shit and not even looking into the topic itself. surface noise never has been so loud before.

Right now Greenland is about 80% ice covered. If one believes the climate is changing, regardless of the cause, then Greenland could become a massive windfall as the ice melts.

Right now Greenland is about 80% ice covered. If one believes the climate is changing, regardless of the cause, then Greenland could become a massive windfall as the ice melts.
gathered that from the convo and appreciate it. i'll look into what could potentially be there.

“If he is truly contemplating this, then this is final proof, that he has gone mad,” foreign affairs spokesman for the Danish People’s Party, Soren Espersen, told broadcaster DR.

In 1946, the U.S. offered to buy Greenland from Denmark for $100 million, but the Danish government refused to sell. The U.S. has tried to purchase Greenland more than once this is not a new idea.

If they refused to sell when we were a respected country, they certainly wouldn't sell now.

Ah I see you are an America hater. :icon_rolleyes:

You see me as wanting to be respected again as being an "American hater"?

The U.S. has purchased territory from other countries many times. We purchased Alaska from Russia for $7.2 million.
yep. but they were also for sale or potentially for sale at the time. russia and france didn't want to try and defend the land and for alaska, no russians ever really went there. for france, lost battles and couldn't defend. those were no brainers.

i think it could be interesting to have greenland as part of the US but if not for sale, move on and develop business interests.

Did you know that people are not allowed to own land in Greenland, government owns all the land and must grant you permission to build a house on their land.

Did you know that people are not allowed to own land in Greenland, government owns all the land and must grant you permission to build a house on their land.

Sounds like your kind of place

nope. love these facts that pop up in some threads!

Greenland is covered in ice and Iceland is green...who the hell named these places? :dunno:

Short story. Lief Ericson discovered Iceland. He wanted to discourage people from coming there so he named it Iceland. A few years later, his son Red, discovered Greenland and wanted to have people move there so he could establish trade and economics along the southern shores so he named it Greenland.

i see him as someone that just wants something else. the inherant flaw in our overall system is that majority gets to decide. usually. :) but wanting something different doesn't make someone a hater. usually. :)

I know I'm going to regret asking...but why in your opinion is America not respected?

Are you high on paint fumes?

Are you high on paint fumes?
does that really work?

note to self - stop by sherwin williams on the way home...

I know I'm going to regret asking...but why in your opinion is America not respected?

To start with, our continual never ending wars. Our hypocrisy. Such as condemning China for manipulating their money supply when we do that constantly.

Been there. Don't want to go there again. Spent time in Sondistrome and Tuli. One year, we had to do air drops to the poor folks along the southern coast because the high winds and crashing seas almost leveled all the buildings. No ships could land, our AC couldn't land. We were air dropping Plywood Sheet Pallets. The ones still alive were wet and cold. Meanwhile, we were north and inland. We were just cold.

Forum List

Back