Trump wants to eliminate income tax, but replace it with tariffs on imported goods.

But to replace income tax with tariffs, the new TV from India will have the same tariffs imposed.
Tariffs imposed on a very narrow kind of import because the originating country is dumping, or because you want to protect a new industry is OK. Tariffs on everything from everywhere is just nuts.
I have not seen a plan to replace the income tax with tariffs

So when you find one please post it here so we all can study it

It didnt take long undrer Trump in 2017. Quit saying nothing can be done. Your better than that. Trump had Steel opening up in Granite City Illinois for Christs sake.
Trump didn’t impose the tariffs in China till 2018

This video estimates that tariffs would have to be at 133%. This would mean that other countries would also put up tariffs on US goods.

So, A) foreign goods for the US would be too expensive for people to buy

B) US goods would be too expensive to sell abroad.

C) This would hit the working classes the hardest. Any tax which taxes what people buy, like sales taxes, is worse for poor people than income taxes, as the poor pay a high proportion of their wages on goods, while the rich don't.

Nothing says "I Don't Care About You, I Just Want Your Vote" than this policy.

Isn’t that how it was until the civil war when the income tax max rate was 5%? Maybe that’s not a bad idea. Let’s cap the income tax and make the government adjust their spending.

If tariffs are high we can make goods here again. We don’t really need to import much if we make it here. Our exports may go down but do we care?

Perfect for him, but most of us are not multimillionaires. We don't need another Trump trade war. It would be devastating.
trade war might be perfect. get russia and china involved in a war that they "dont' wanna be in

trade war might be perfect. get russia and china involved in a war that they "dont' wanna be in
Consumers pay the tariffs, not countries. The costs are passed along to US consumers by the businesses in this country selling the goods. You don't want to turn loose a hot head with the economy, who has vowed to punish political enemies. Like he said, "I don't care about you. I only want your vote.

Consumers pay the tariffs, not countries. The costs are passed along to US consumers by the businesses in this country selling the goods. You don't want to turn loose a hot head with the economy, who has vowed to punish political enemies. Like he said, "I don't care about you. I only want your vote.
so what youre saying is its a good idea but you reject it because trump,,

you should seek help,,

all the things you just prophesied started with the biden administration
Trump has a proven track record. Thats why he's leading in the polls

so what youre saying is its a good idea but you reject it because trump,,

you should seek help,,
I reject it, as I buy a lot from Amazon, Lowes, Walmart, and do not wish to pay weekly for a tax break for the rich, carried on the backs of American consumers.

all the things you just prophesied started with the biden administration
Trump has a proven track record. Thats why he's leading in the polls
He has no proven track record. You are insane.

I reject it, as I buy a lot from Amazon, Lowes, Walmart, and do not wish to pay weekly for a tax break for the rich, carried on the backs of American consumers.
so you have no logical reason to reject it,,

if more stuff was made in america it would benefit more people because they would be working and keeping more of their own money,,
and foreigners would be paying the government not hard working americans,,

This video estimates that tariffs would have to be at 133%. This would mean that other countries would also put up tariffs on US goods.

So, A) foreign goods for the US would be too expensive for people to buy

B) US goods would be too expensive to sell abroad.

C) This would hit the working classes the hardest. Any tax which taxes what people buy, like sales taxes, is worse for poor people than income taxes, as the poor pay a high proportion of their wages on goods, while the rich don't.

Nothing says "I Don't Care About You, I Just Want Your Vote" than this policy.

Unlike income tax, sales taxes can’t be evaded. Everyone would have ski in the game and what should please you, the rich would pay a much higher amount of taxes than the poor. The more money you have, the more money you spend and the more tax you pay.

Unlike income tax, sales taxes can’t be evaded. Everyone would have ski in the game and what should please you, the rich would pay a much higher amount of taxes than the poor. The more money you have, the more money you spend and the more tax you pay.
of course it can,,

I could easily grow more than 50% of the food I eat if not more if I changed my menu,, and if needed make most of my clothing along with most of the furniture in my house using the trees on my property,,

I would love a VAT tax,,

so you have no logical reason to reject it,,

if more stuff was made in america it would benefit more people because they would be working and keeping more of their own money,,
and foreigners would be paying the government not hard working americans,,
A worthy long term goal, but not practical as world economies are connected. Trade wars carry immediate pain to consumers in immediate much higher prices to pay for the tariffs. They are a bad idea.

Forum List

Back