Trump wants to eliminate income tax, but replace it with tariffs on imported goods.

We don’t know it’s true. But we can certainly say that the idea is idiotic. If that was the plan that Trump laid out then it is economically stupid. But you’re here defending the idea so whether he said it or not is irrelevant…. Right?
We dont know what the idea is since we havent seen it

If we impose a much larger tariff on china, which we should do, that means more money going to the Treasury

What would you do with the extra money?

Spend it on migrants?

Or reduce taxes?

You might prefer the former, but I like the latter

We dont know what the idea is since we havent seen it

If we impose a much larger tariff on china, which we should do, that means more money going to the Treasury

What would you do with the extra money?

Spend it on migrants?

Or reduce taxes?

You might prefer the former, but I like the latter
The extra money you speak of going to the treasury comes from consumers as they spend more on products. Please don’t complain about inflation anymore. You obviously don’t think it’s a big deal.

The extra money you speak of going to the treasury comes from consumers as they spend more on products. Please don’t complain about inflation anymore. You obviously don’t think it’s a big deal.
Yes, or maybe they dont buy the new 72 inch tv and make do with the old 55 inch till the new factory in India or Vietnam gets started

Yes, or maybe they dont buy the new 72 inch tv and make do with the old 55 inch till the new factory in India or Vietnam gets started
Gotchya… if we all just downgrade our television choices all will be solved. Great logic 👍

You’re trying too hard

I must have. You are the one suffering, unless this is another case of whiney trumpers, suffering for somebody else, again. I suspect that to be the case.
WTF are you even talking about….? Hint, just because you think it sounds good in your head, you’re still dealing with your own low IQ.

A 55” tv is not good enough for you?
It’s great for me… has nothing to do with the conversation though unless you’re implying they downgrading tv choices is both realistic and impactful to the situation we are talking about. Which it isn’t

WTF are you even talking about….? Hint, just because you think it sounds good in your head, you’re still dealing with your own low IQ.
No, at the moment, I am dealing with your limited IQ. I will spell it out.
1. You do not need another tax break.
2. The rest of us, do not need to have the price triple at Walmart to support you getting another tax break.

It’s great for me… has nothing to do with the conversation though unless you’re implying they downgrading tv choices is both realistic and impactful to the situation we are talking about. Which it isn’t
I have already pointed out on this thread I think that higher tariffs on china would impose some pain on consumers till the market adjusts

Sometimes the best answer is not the easiest one

I have already pointed out on this thread I think that higher tariffs on china would impose some pain on consumers till the market adjusts

It's a "tax" either way.

and you think right now after years of inflation and pain from high prices we should make a policy like this to make things worse??

Like I said. Don’t complain about inflation anymore… you’ve lost your place on that position

and you think right now after years of inflation and pain from high prices we should make a policy like this to make things worse??

Like I said. Don’t complain about inflation anymore… you’ve lost your place on that position
There is no time that is painfree

But the sooner we do it the better for us

You have every right to advocate for it then. Just don’t complain anymore about inflation
We actually have inflation under biden and I will complain about that

Meanwhile you can complain about something that hasnt happened yet

We actually have inflation under biden and I will complain about that

Meanwhile you can complain about something that hasnt happened yet
Sure you can complain about whatever you want. But if you complain about inflation under Biden and then advocate for policies that would increase inflation then you’re just showing off your hypocrisy

Sure you can complain about whatever you want. But if you complain about inflation under Biden and then advocate for policies that would increase inflation then you’re just showing off your hypocrisy
I see no good coming from the biden inflation

But raising tariffs on china has positive consequences

This video estimates that tariffs would have to be at 133%. This would mean that other countries would also put up tariffs on US goods.

So, A) foreign goods for the US would be too expensive for people to buy

B) US goods would be too expensive to sell abroad.

C) This would hit the working classes the hardest. Any tax which taxes what people buy, like sales taxes, is worse for poor people than income taxes, as the poor pay a high proportion of their wages on goods, while the rich don't.

Nothing says "I Don't Care About You, I Just Want Your Vote" than this policy.

What an amazingly stupid idea.

Trump doesn't know anything about anything and would never actually accomplish this, much less even try. He is saying what advisers are telling him to say to appeal to equally foolish people who know equally little about how anything works.

This tactic is older than dirt. But there is a sucker born every minute, so...

Forum List

Back