Trump wants to eliminate income tax, but replace it with tariffs on imported goods.

Trump is dangerously ignorant on this stuff. His business "method" -- inheriting $400 million, a name and contacts from Daddy and borrowing billions from banks -- does not apply in a macroeconomic context. At all.

CEOs at Trump meeting: Ex-president ‘meandering’ and ‘doesn’t know what he’s talking about’​

Naturally, with libs being a stickler for fairness and accuracy they have video of trump saying he wants to replace the income tax with tariffs on imports, right?

No?

Its dad that trump haters like yourself just pass lies around to stoke your anger

Okay. Lets say it its half. 2.5 trillion dollars.

Imports around 3 trillion dollars. So you'd need a tariff on EVERY import product and commodity, without exception, of about 85%. Close to double.

Nearly doubling the price of EVERY import product and commodity would result in a massive reduction in US consumption and purchase of these import goods and commodities. Resulting in massive reductions in tariffs that are generated as the imports collapse.

To maintain the same revenue levels, you'd need to proportionally INCREASE the tariffs of the remaining imports. Which would in turn further reduce domestic consumption, which would further reduce tariffs, which would require yet another INCREASE in tariffs.

Rinse, Repeat in a downward spiral.

Then there's the massive inflation as we see a sudden spike of nearly double in every imported good or commodity. With this surging every time tariffs are increased.

Then there's retaliation by other nations, as they impose escalating tariffs on us. Severely damaging our export markets. And costing millions of American jobs as the citizens of other countries can no longer afford to purchase American made goods due to the escalating tariffs placed on them.

Which then reduces the ABILITY of Americans to purchase import goods. Which then reduces tariff revenue even further. Which then requires higher tariff rates. Which would make the inflation spike worse. And would also then result in higher tariffs on our goods AGAIN.

And on. And on.

This doesn't work.
So? It's real simple then. Bring back manufacturing and heavy industry to this country.

He opened the door to red china, along with Henry Kissimger

But we were keeping the chicoms at arm's length till the 1990’s
The other thing I got is the Left must've wept bitterly when the Berlin Wall fell and the Soviet Union collapsed.

It appears there is literally NOTHING so incredibly stupid that Trump could say where you would not be agreeing with him.
yeah you government worshipping nazi fucks sure wouldnt like it if the people kept more of their own money and the government had less to wage wars all over the fucking world,,

so why dont you go suck a fucking cock or be a man and face us yourself instead of hiding behind your computer mouthing off like the little bitch you are,,

yeah you government worshipping nazi fucks sure wouldnt like it if the people kept more of their own money and the government had less to wage wars all over the fucking world,,

so why dont you go suck a fucking cock or be a man and face us yourself instead of hiding behind your computer mouthing off like the little bitch you are,,

$7.8 trillion in new debt under Trump.

I'm all for reining in the government but Trump has already shown he can't do it.

$7.8 trillion in new debt under Trump.

I'm all for reining in the government but Trump has already shown he can't do it.
I dont care about trump,,

what I want is to starve the beast and keep more of my own money,,

if you know hes going to spend more money why are you defending giving him or them the money to spend??

I dont care about trump,,

what I want is to starve the beast and keep more of my own money,,

if you know hes going to spend more money why are you defending giving him or them the money to spend??

No idea what you are rambling about. I do not support tax cuts as we are already 34 trillion in debt but I do support cuts in government spending.

No idea what you are rambling about. I do not support tax cuts as we are already 34 trillion in debt but I do support cuts in government spending.
figures you dont,,

youre to focused on feeding the monster and spitting in the faces of people struggling to get by while you wage wars across the world,,

It sounds to me like he's just riffing. Missourian and I are looking for the same thing: a better outcome for working class Americans.
I think most Americans are looking for that. Globalization is a mess. It opened up our economy and created a ton of opportunity but also went extreme and hurt our independent ability to produce what we need in our own country. I’d love to see American manufacturing grow and flourish. I just don’t think cutting income tax and raising tariffs at a time that we are still recovering from years of massive inflation is even close to a smart idea. I think Trump is playing people like he always does with provocative statements, not with thoughtful plans.

It raises the price of imports from china, which encourages production in the US
Which would take years to happen, more realistically companies would seek out goods from other countries. But in the meantime prices sky rocket. Haven’t yall been bitching for years about inflation and high prices?? Now you want to throw gas on that fire? All because Trump made a stupid statement? Stop playing the puppet

figures you dont,,

youre to focused on feeding the monster and spitting in the faces of people struggling to get by while you wage wars across the world,,

Our debt is going to hurt future generations bad. I happen to consider others, not just myself.

Our debt is going to hurt future generations bad. I happen to consider others, not just myself.
should have thought about that before supporting millions of illegals into the country that cost hundreds of billions a yr,,

nothing you say is believable,,

Forum List

Back