Trump "We should have kept the oil"

mamooth

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
From Trump's foreign policy speech:

"We should have kept the oil"

"In the old days when we won a war, to the victor go the spoils"

There's a word for such thinking. "Evil". How else would you describe a "Might makes right" foreign policy?

According to Trump, if Russia conquers Ukraine ... they earned it. To the victor go the spoils.

According to Trump, if China takes the South China Sea or Taiwan ... they earned it. To the victor go the spoils.

Piracy? Hunky-dory, by the Trump doctrine. If you can get away with it, good for you. To the victor go the spoils.

I'm guessing every Trump fan agrees with the Trump doctrine, being such selfish evil would appeal to them. I'm sure they all think they'd be on the side of the looters, instead of the looted.

There's a word for such thinking. "Evil". How else would you describe a "Might makes right" foreign policy?

According to Trump, if Russia conquers Ukraine ... they earned it. To the victor go the spoils.

According to Trump, if China takes the South China Sea or Taiwan ... they earned it. To the victor go the spoils.

Piracy? Hunky-dory, by the Trump doctrine. If you can get away with it, good for you. To the victor go the spoils.

I'm guessing every Trump fan agrees with the Trump doctrine, being such selfish evil would appeal to them. I'm sure they all think they'd be on the side of the looters, instead of the looted.

Trump said that Russia has a right to the UKRAINE if RUSSIA CAN CONQUER it? you got a link? Trump says china can have the south china sea as "CHINESE TERRITORY"? you got a link. It seemed to me that Trump's "we should have kept the oil..." refers to terrorist enclaves. Iraq was ---under SADAAM----a terrorist enclave and supporter of world wide terrorism--------not just a country out there in the sticks ---with oil. <<<< that was KUWAIT----the country that saddam tried to grab for ITS OIL.

It's pretty funny that he's against the war in Iraq because it caused many American deaths, but thinks we should be occupying the oil fields without realizing it would also cause many American deaths.

And I mean "funny" in a sad way.

It's pretty funny that he's against the war in Iraq because it caused many American deaths, but thinks we should be occupying the oil fields without realizing it would also cause many American deaths.

yes----I do believe that your are being honest about your statement-------but not all that insightful. I think Trump would
have considered a kind of payback on the OIL-----in order to INSURE that the oil wealth would not be used for that which saddam used it------to wit TERRORISM----in fact---it is being used for TERRORISM right now

Trump says pulling our troops out of Iraq led to the rise of ISIS. He also claims to knows military strategy better than our generals.

So what was Generalissimo Trump's judgment in 2007 of how the war should proceed?

BLITZER: How does the United States get out of this situation?

TRUMP: You know how they get out? They get out! That's how they get out. Declare victory, and leave.

5b8sqc.jpg

Cut and Run!

Last edited:
Trump says pulling our troops out of Iraq led to the rise of ISIS. He also claims to knows military strategy better than our generals.

So what was Generalissimo Trump's judgement of how the war should proceed in Iraq in 2007?

TRUMP: You know how they get out? They get out! That's how they get out. Declare victory, and leave.

So we have four Trumps...

The 2002 Trump who supported invading Iraq.
The 2004 Trump who opposed the war, after the fact of the invasion.
The 2007 Trump who supported getting out.
The 2016 Trump who now says getting out was a horrible mistake.

No, if you go might as well.get.something.out.of.it....and I think we would be better controlling.iraq than Isis or iran.

So what was Generalissimo Trump's judgement of how the war should proceed in Iraq in 2007?

So we have four Trumps...

The 2002 Trump who supported invading Iraq.
The 2004 Trump who opposed the war, after the fact of the invasion.
The 2007 Trump who supported getting out.
The 2016 Trump who now says getting out was a horrible mistake.

well----be not shallow----he seems to be saying that each step was DONE BADLY-------I kinda agree-------Saddam was mishandled since 1965-----some idiots kinda trusted him----no one asked me

No, if you go might as well.get.something.out.of.it....and I think we would be better controlling.iraq than Isis or iran.

^^^^ that kinda sums up Trump-----excruciatingly practical.----
maybe he is right

The funniest part of this to me is listening to Trump sycophants insist that Obama created ISIS......by doing *exactly* what Trump insisted we should have done:

Donald Trump said:
“You know how they get out? They get out,” Trump said to CNN’s Wolf Blitzer. “That’s how they get out. Declare victory and leave, because I’ll tell you, this country is just going to get further bogged down. They’re in a civil war over there, Wolf. There’s nothing that we’re going to be able to do with a civil war. They are in a major civil war.”

Obama didn't 'declare victory and leave'. He abided the agreements we'd made with Iraq.

Trump would have had us leave even faster. And then Trump and his toadies have the audacity to blame Obama for leaving Iraq.

Its like watching a dog chase its own tail

Yeah, I agree with you. If a country manages to conquer another country it only makes sense they should keep the resources to help cover the cost of the operation.

The funniest part of this to me is listening to Trump sycophants insist that Obama created ISIS......by doing *exactly* what Trump insisted we should have done:

Donald Trump said:
“You know how they get out? They get out,” Trump said to CNN’s Wolf Blitzer. “That’s how they get out. Declare victory and leave, because I’ll tell you, this country is just going to get further bogged down. They’re in a civil war over there, Wolf. There’s nothing that we’re going to be able to do with a civil war. They are in a major civil war.”

Obama didn't 'declare victory and leave'. He abided the agreements we'd made with Iraq.

Trump would have had us leave even faster. And then Trump and his toadies have the audacity to blame Obama for leaving Iraq.

yes----history is like that ----FULL OF IRONY----like the love affair between the DUKE OF WINDSOR ---and ADOLF

Donald Trump said:

yes----history is like that ----FULL OF IRONY----like the love affair between the DUKE OF WINDSOR ---and ADOLF
What?

Donald Trump said:

Laughing.....you're condemning Obama for following an orderly, law abiding withdraw from Iraq in accordance with our agreements. While lauding a man who insisted we merely 'declare victory and leave'.

Do you realize how hilarious that is to watch?

Forum List

Back