Trump "We should have kept the oil"

It's pretty funny that he's against the war in Iraq because it caused many American deaths, but thinks we should be occupying the oil fields without realizing it would also cause many American deaths.

And I mean "funny" in a sad way.

The funniest part of this to me is listening to Trump sycophants insist that Obama created ISIS......by doing *exactly* what Trump insisted we should have done:

Donald Trump said:
“You know how they get out? They get out,” Trump said to CNN’s Wolf Blitzer. “That’s how they get out. Declare victory and leave, because I’ll tell you, this country is just going to get further bogged down. They’re in a civil war over there, Wolf. There’s nothing that we’re going to be able to do with a civil war. They are in a major civil war.”

Obama didn't 'declare victory and leave'. He abided the agreements we'd made with Iraq.

Trump would have had us leave even faster. And then Trump and his toadies have the audacity to blame Obama for leaving Iraq.

Its like watching a dog chase its own tail

yes----history is like that ----FULL OF IRONY----like the love affair between the DUKE OF WINDSOR ---and ADOLF

Laughing.....you're condemning Obama for following an orderly, law abiding withdraw from Iraq in accordance with our agreements. While lauding a man who insisted we merely 'declare victory and leave'.

Do you realize how hilarious that is to watch?

do you realize how hilarious is your description of the withdrawal of US forces from Iraq-----"orderly, law abiding----
slide into shariah barbarism and filth....."

Yes we should have. Imagine how much it could have benefited the American people, The schools and hospitals that could have been built.

Kinda blows the whole 'liberating the people of Iraq' narrative to holy shit, though....doesn't it?
We never should have went to Iraq in the first place. But we did, so we should have gotten something out of it, right?

Yes we should have. Imagine how much it could have benefited the American people, The schools and hospitals that could have been built.

Kinda blows the whole 'liberating the people of Iraq' narrative to holy shit, though....doesn't it?

I'm not sure what it blows since we liberated the people and the libs were screaming like captured Indians about blood for oil and yet bush didn't take one drop. The whole war blew actually. I never was for it.

That was Bush-----he was really silly at doing rhetoric

PS----but he meant well-----in a kinda Texan ---sorta JOHN WAYNE ISH kind of way

PS----but he meant well-----in a kinda Texan ---sorta JOHN WAYNE ISH kind of way

They all claim to mean well, yet here we are....on the road to hell with good intentions.

And by 'Bush', you mean the virtually the entire justification for the war in Iraq....which you've now admitted was a steaming pile of horseshit.

And of course, you've still never managed to reconcile condeming Obama for 'founding ISIS' by leaving Iraq........with Trump demanding that we 'declare victory and leave' Iraq.

If even Trump's supporters are going to ignore Trump, surely you'll understand why the rest of us do as well.

/QUOTE]

And by 'Bush', you mean the virtually the entire justification for the war in Iraq....which you've now admitted was a steaming pile of horseshit.

And of course, you've still never managed to reconcile condeming Obama for 'founding ISIS' by leaving Iraq........with Trump demanding that we 'declare victory and leave' Iraq.

If even Trump's supporters are going to ignore Trump, surely you'll understand why the rest of us do as well.
Both Bush and Trump are morons, no one can argue that. But the alternative to Trump is Hilary, someone that will happily sell America out to the highest bidder.

I'd hate to get shot in the arm, but it's better than getting shot in the balls.

/QUOTE]

Both Bush and Trump are morons, no one can argue that. But the alternative to Trump is Hilary, someone that will happily sell America out to the highest bidder.

The electorate seems far more comfortable with the former Secretary of State rather than the head of 'Celebrity Apprentice'. As do I.

Trump is simply unqualified, an incompetent, and unfit for office. He's already imploding....and this is just the election. Being president is *way* harder than running for the office.

From Trump's foreign policy speech:

"We should have kept the oil"

"In the old days when we won a war, to the victor go the spoils"

There's a word for such thinking. "Evil". How else would you describe a "Might makes right" foreign policy?

According to Trump, if Russia conquers Ukraine ... they earned it. To the victor go the spoils.

According to Trump, if China takes the South China Sea or Taiwan ... they earned it. To the victor go the spoils.

Piracy? Hunky-dory, by the Trump doctrine. If you can get away with it, good for you. To the victor go the spoils.

I'm guessing every Trump fan agrees with the Trump doctrine, being such selfish evil would appeal to them. I'm sure they all think they'd be on the side of the looters, instead of the looted.

You libs take double standards to a whole new level. When asked why the United States was getting involved in the war in Libya Hillary told reporters it was for the oil, that Europe gets a lot of oil from Libya so we had to go in there a bomb the crap out of them to make sure the oil continues to flow to Europe, as repayment for Europe's supporting us in Afghanistan. OH SNAP!!!

There's a word for such thinking. "Evil". How else would you describe a "Might makes right" foreign policy?

According to Trump, if Russia conquers Ukraine ... they earned it. To the victor go the spoils.

According to Trump, if China takes the South China Sea or Taiwan ... they earned it. To the victor go the spoils.

Piracy? Hunky-dory, by the Trump doctrine. If you can get away with it, good for you. To the victor go the spoils.

I'm guessing every Trump fan agrees with the Trump doctrine, being such selfish evil would appeal to them. I'm sure they all think they'd be on the side of the looters, instead of the looted.

We won the war and Obama created ISIS and handed 3 entire countries, including the one just won, over to Jihadists

I don't know if some of you were still in diapers at the time, or what, but Bush claimed the war in Iraq would be paid for by oil profits. How'd that work out?

And now Donald "Cut-And-Run" Trump wants to do the exact same thing. Invade Iraq and take oil profits to pay for the wounded soldiers from Bush's invasion. An invasion for which he demanded Bush be impeached!

Trump has created an idiocy vortex that bends back on itself!

Bush 2003: We will invade Iraq and the war will be paid for by the oil profits.

Trump 2003: So, yeah, let's invade Iraq. I think we screwed up by not doing it correctly the first time.

Trump 2007: IMPEACH BUSH! CUT AND RUN!

TRUMP 2016: So, yeah, let's invade Iraq. I think we screwed up by not doing it correctly the second time. And the war will be paid for by ISIS oil profits.

I don't know if some of you were still in diapers at the time, or what, but Bush claimed the war in Iraq would be paid for by oil profits. How'd that work out?

And now Donald "Cut-And-Run" Trump wants to do the exact same thing. Invade Iraq and take oil profits to pay for the wounded soldiers from Bush's invasion. An invasion for which he demanded Bush be impeached!

Bush lied through his teeth on that one, Bush also claimed the war would only cost $74 billion which I called BS on at the time. The GOP establishment are no less liars than the Democrats.

Jake, I didn't find any quote where Bush said that

Here's what I found instead, ""the $20 billion the president requested is not intended to cover all of Iraq's needs. The bulk of the funds for Iraq's reconstruction will come from Iraqis -- from oil revenues, recovered assets, international trade, direct foreign investment, as well as some contributions we've already received and hope to receive from the international community." -- Rumsfeld

Jake, I didn't find any quote where Bush said that

Here's what I found instead, ""the $20 billion the president requested is not intended to cover all of Iraq's needs. The bulk of the funds for Iraq's reconstruction will come from Iraqis -- from oil revenues, recovered assets, international trade, direct foreign investment, as well as some contributions we've already received and hope to receive from the international community." -- Rumsfeld
So you quote Rumsfeld saying the costs of the war would be paid for "from oil revenues", and then say you can't find anywhere that they claimed the war would be paid for by oil profits?

CrusaderFrank was good enough to provide a quote from Rumsfeld saying the war would be paid for by oil profits.

Here is Deputy Defense Secretary Wolfowitz saying the same thing:

The clip showed Wolfowitz telling a congressional panel, "It's hard to conceive that it would take more forces to provide stability in post-Saddam Iraq than it would take to conduct the war itself," and "The oil revenue of that country could bring between 50 and 100 billion dollars over the course of the next two or three years. We're dealing with a country that could really finance its own reconstruction, and relatively soon."

And here is Bush's mouthpiece, Ari Fleischer, saying it:

Q Back on the cost issue. If the U.S. does not get a second resolution, does the President believe that U.S. taxpayers will disproportionately bear the burden of the reconstruction costs in Iraq?

MR. FLEISCHER: Well, the reconstruction costs remain a very -- an issue for the future. And Iraq, unlike Afghanistan, is a rather wealthy country. Iraq has tremendous resources that belong to the Iraqi people. And so there are a variety of means that Iraq has to be able to shoulder much of the burden for their own reconstruction.

CrusaderFrank was good enough to provide a quote from Rumsfeld saying the war would be paid for by oil profits.

Here is Deputy Defense Secretary Wolfowitz saying the same thing:

The clip showed Wolfowitz telling a congressional panel, "It's hard to conceive that it would take more forces to provide stability in post-Saddam Iraq than it would take to conduct the war itself," and "The oil revenue of that country could bring between 50 and 100 billion dollars over the course of the next two or three years. We're dealing with a country that could really finance its own reconstruction, and relatively soon."

And here is Bush's mouthpiece, Ari Fleischer, saying it:

Q Back on the cost issue. If the U.S. does not get a second resolution, does the President believe that U.S. taxpayers will disproportionately bear the burden of the reconstruction costs in Iraq?

MR. FLEISCHER: Well, the reconstruction costs remain a very -- an issue for the future. And Iraq, unlike Afghanistan, is a rather wealthy country. Iraq has tremendous resources that belong to the Iraqi people. And so there are a variety of means that Iraq has to be able to shoulder much of the burden for their own reconstruction.
The invasion was a mistake of generational proportions, and we literally ushered in more than one genocide, or to be generous to ourselves, we ended one and did nothing to stop a second. And there's blame enough for both parties. Oddly, Hillary wasn't the worst on this and the Wash Post had an in depth on that yesterday - not blameless, but she did see the problem and tried to address it.

However, I don't think the W admin went along with the worst of the neocons and Trump in saying we should have just kept the oil. They said in your above links that Iraq should sell their oil and finance its own reconstruction, which we ended up financing to the tune of over a trillion dollars

Wait a second....according to you lying libtards who turn to Hollywood movies for the "information" used to form the basis of your opinions - we did keep the oil. Remember how all of you idiots cried that Bush went to Iraq for "oil"?

Now you're attempting to use Trump to prove wee didn't keep the oil. Are you people not bright enough to realize that if you're going to manufacture false narratives, they can't contradict themselves?!?

Trump says pulling our troops out of Iraq led to the rise of ISIS. He also claims to knows military strategy better than our generals.

So what was Generalissimo Trump's judgement of how the war should proceed in Iraq in 2007?

BLITZER: How does the United States get out of this situation?

TRUMP: You know how they get out? They get out! That's how they get out. Declare victory, and leave.

So we have four Trumps...

The 2002 Trump who supported invading Iraq.
The 2004 Trump who opposed the war, after the fact of the invasion.
The 2007 Trump who supported getting out.
The 2016 Trump who now says getting out was a horrible mistake.

To be honest - I think there are more like 8 Trumps. All of them pretty despicable. The sad part is, there are like 16 Hitlery Clinton's and all of them are as unethical and evil as it gets.

Forum List

Back