Trump we will guard our border with our military

It’s amazing . Cons always fear big government, but now you want to activate the military act WITHIN our borders ? !

Did you bawl when Obama did it?

Oh you mean the military excersies in Texas that were a front for an obama armed take over?

Isn’t that what you rubes believed ?

No I mean when he sent military to help with the drug war.

Now don't you feel foolish, fucking clown shoes

To do what ? Fly drones around ?

You rubes feed off soundbites and don’t think things through . You want some 18 year old soidier Sniping you because you are hiking out in the desert?

We have a professional border patrol !

I have no further use for your ramblings, know nothing. Buh bye

It’s amazing . Cons always fear big government, but now you want to activate the military act WITHIN our borders ? !

Oh you mean the military excersies in Texas that were a front for an obama armed take over?

Obama didn't send in the military. He sent in the National Guard, which has different rules than the military does for deployment and who can send them.

Obama orders 1,200 Guard troops to border

Which was a temporary plan until more border patrol were hired .

Looks like it may happen.

BREAKING: Trump Says Military Will Be Used To Protect Border

I like it. Whatever it takes.

One would think that you guys would understand by now that Trump tweeting about something is not to be taken as an implication that anything will actually happen.

The Posse Comitatus Act would be a difficult hurdle to overcome.

You think defending our borders is civil law enforcement? WTF? Can you dress yourself?

Just curious since you don't think the role of the military is to secure our borders what you think the military is for since normal people know that's their primary mission. In fact what else do they do? Pick up pizzas and deliver them?

We are not at war with Canada or Mexico ! Do you realize the commerce that happens at our border on a daily basis ?

What next ? Have the Air Force run our airports ?
these illegals are DESTROYING America

To do what ? Fly drones around ?

You rubes feed off soundbites and don’t think things through . You want some 18 year old soidier Sniping you because you are hiking out in the desert?

We have a professional border patrol !

I have no further use for your ramblings, know nothing. Buh bye

Yeah run away after your lies are exposed .

big DUHHHHHHH
we want the border strictly controlled---you don't want terrorists crossing the border at will--do you??????????????!!!!!

One would think that you guys would understand by now that Trump tweeting about something is not to be taken as an implication that anything will actually happen.

You think defending our borders is civil law enforcement? WTF? Can you dress yourself?

Just curious since you don't think the role of the military is to secure our borders what you think the military is for since normal people know that's their primary mission. In fact what else do they do? Pick up pizzas and deliver them?

We are not at war with Canada or Mexico ! Do you realize the commerce that happens at our border on a daily basis ?

No they are not . Another rube falling for age old scapegoating .

big DUHHHHHHH
we want the border strictly controlled---you don't want terrorists crossing the border at will--do you??????????????!!!!!

Well then you must want a wall with Canada . Which is were a terrorist is far more likely to sneak in.

illegals cost the US taxpayer BILLIONS$$$$
and they raise prices and lower wages
they dumb down the US
yes they are DESTROYING America
The Cost of Illegal Immigration to US Taxpayers | FAIR

I don't know what any of that means, but neither do you.

So answer the question. If the military isn't supposed to defend our borders, what do you believe its purpose is? I'm not aware of any other role they play

The PURPOSE of the military is national defense e.g. US borders. This has nothing to do with Posse Comitatus.

No. That’s the purpose of the border patrol .

Trump is playing with you rubes . You eat this shit up .
Shut up fuckhead you dont know me from Adam.
The point I was attempting to make is the defense of the border and thus national defense being extra Posse Comitatus. For instance, if we have a foreign force converging on our border would this also be a violation of Posse Comitatus? Given then current environment of international terrorism and the porous nature of our border I think this argument could be logically made.

Do you think that "logical" argument would hold up in front of SCOTUS?

If a hostile foreign force was gathering at our border, Posse Comitatus would not apply - because rebelling a hostile army is a function of the military, not law enforcement.

Border security, according to our legal system, is a function of domestic law enforcement - and therefore, PCA applies.

Harmonica is right, but that's irrelevant to the discussion that the role of our military is to defend our borders and you don't know that. Unreal. Read the Constitution

I've been saying this for years
bring some of the overseas troops home
this is a triple win!
1. no overseas transportation/logistics/ housing/etc cost
..a. save to-and-from transportation costs = double cost
2. use #1 $$$$ in the US, not overseas
3. those troops will spend their $$$ in the US, not overseas
etc etc

I have as well, and been told by people from both sides that it is not legal

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
what's not legal??

Depending on what part of the military is used, those people might be talking about Posse Comitatus. :dunno:
Not even close. The military is not being used in law enforcement activity. It is being used to repel an invasion much like the coast guard does at sea.

Ummm...............you do know that the Coast Guard is actually attached to the Department of Transportation, which is why they can patrol our borders, right?

The only time the Coast Guard becomes part of the military is in times of a declared war.

Actually, the Coast Guard now falls under the DHS, except when used in a time of war to help the Navy

illegals cost the US taxpayer BILLIONS$$$$
and they raise prices and lower wages
they dumb down the US
yes they are DESTROYING America
The Cost of Illegal Immigration to US Taxpayers | FAIR

Says the Bureau of Made Up Statistics .

You also realize 40 % of illegals come in legally. Wall does nothing about that . Military on the border does nothing about that .

Absolutely not. Active Duty Military should not be deployed on US soil unless we are being invaded by an armed force. I don't have a problem with the National Guard being used to patrol the border in fact it should be a part of their training.

Harmonica is right, but that's irrelevant to the discussion that the role of our military is to defend our borders and you don't know that. Unreal. Read the Constitution

Oh yeah ? What part of the constitution are your referring too?

This isn't about what I think, or what you think.

This is about what the law says.

"Securing the border" in times of peace has never been a mission of the US military.

Of course it does. Barring exceptional circumstances, the Posse Comitatus Act prohibits the deployment of US military on US soil.

Really? So how did Clinton and Reno get Cav helicopters from Ft. Hood to machine gun women and children fleeing the fire at the compound at Mount Carmel?...the compound set on fire by a Cav tank? Or how did 82nd Airborne get deployed to the streets of Detroit during the race riot in the summer of '67 with orders to shoot to kill arsonists?

This isn't about what I think, or what you think.

This is about what the law says.

"Securing the border" in times of peace has never been a mission of the US military.

It’s amazing . The big gov hating Cons want martial law .

Forum List

Back