1. no overseas transportation/logistics/ housing/etc cost
..a. save to-and-from transportation costs = double cost
2. use #1 $$$$ in the US, not overseas
3. those troops will spend their $$$ in the US, not overseas
etc etc

I have as well, and been told by people from both sides that it is not legal

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
what's not legal??

Depending on what part of the military is used, those people might be talking about Posse Comitatus. :dunno:
Not even close. The military is not being used in law enforcement activity. It is being used to repel an invasion much like the coast guard does at sea.

Ummm...............you do know that the Coast Guard is actually attached to the Department of Transportation, which is why they can patrol our borders, right?

The only time the Coast Guard becomes part of the military is in times of a declared war.

what's not legal??

Depending on what part of the military is used, those people might be talking about Posse Comitatus. :dunno:
Posse Comitatus Act
The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) signed on June 18, 1878 by President Rutherford B. Hayes. The purpose of the act – in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807 – is to limit the powers of the federal government in using its military personnel to act as domestic law enforcement personnel.
Posse Comitatus Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How is defending our borders from an invading horde of illegals be domestic law enforcement? Only way to stop an invasion is to repel them with force. After a few 1000 bodies left just south of the border, the illegals and liberals would get the message that We the People don't want criminals here anymore.

First of all, "invading horde" is a silly characterization. Secondly, I am pretty sure ICE is a law enforcement agency. Third, if this is an invasion, who is it an invasion by? Fourth, why would the only bodies be south of the border? Do you think no illegals enter the country through the Canadian border? Fifth, I'd say there is no realistic chance that the federal government will authorize using lethal force on someone simply because they enter the country illegally (ignoring whether such an order would be deemed legal/Constitutional). Finally, I did not say that Posse Comitatus was necessarily the argument being made, merely that is might be.

On the use of lethal force, here's the dilemma, If you shoot at them BEFORE they cross the border, you are shooting Mexican citizens on Mexican soil, which can be deemed an act of war. If you wait until they cross the border, they are entitled to the full protection of the Constitution and American Law, therefore it becomes a LE mission and you can't shoot them.
They aren't Mexican citizens. They are Honduran citizens. Shoot them on the Mexican side and let mex bellyache over it.

If we kill people on the Mexican side of the border, it can be considered an act of war. If they cross over the border, all the military will be able to do is point and say "there they are". They don't have the authority to arrest, detain, or shoot anyone on US soil. Only BP and LE can do that.

Remember when Jr. tried to do it and it failed? If Trump tries to do it, he's gonna fail as well.

Posse Comitatus Act
The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) signed on June 18, 1878 by President Rutherford B. Hayes. The purpose of the act – in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807 – is to limit the powers of the federal government in using its military personnel to act as domestic law enforcement personnel.

How is defending our borders from an invading horde of illegals be domestic law enforcement? Only way to stop an invasion is to repel them with force. After a few 1000 bodies left just south of the border, the illegals and liberals would get the message that We the People don't want criminals here anymore.

First of all, "invading horde" is a silly characterization. Secondly, I am pretty sure ICE is a law enforcement agency. Third, if this is an invasion, who is it an invasion by? Fourth, why would the only bodies be south of the border? Do you think no illegals enter the country through the Canadian border? Fifth, I'd say there is no realistic chance that the federal government will authorize using lethal force on someone simply because they enter the country illegally (ignoring whether such an order would be deemed legal/Constitutional). Finally, I did not say that Posse Comitatus was necessarily the argument being made, merely that is might be.

On the use of lethal force, here's the dilemma, If you shoot at them BEFORE they cross the border, you are shooting Mexican citizens on Mexican soil, which can be deemed an act of war. If you wait until they cross the border, they are entitled to the full protection of the Constitution and American Law, therefore it becomes a LE mission and you can't shoot them.
They aren't Mexican citizens. They are Honduran citizens. Shoot them on the Mexican side and let mex bellyache over it.

If we kill people on the Mexican side of the border, it can be considered an act of war. If they cross over the border, all the military will be able to do is point and say "there they are". They don't have the authority to arrest, detain, or shoot anyone on US soil. Only BP and LE can do that.

Remember when Jr. tried to do it and it failed? If Trump tries to do it, he's gonna fail as well.
I would guard the border but I have these damned heel spurs

I can't help. I've already been transferred to the Fleet Reserve and can no longer be called back up.

I can't help. I've already been transferred to the Fleet Reserve and can no longer be called back up.
I really don't think they're going to call on someone who was too scared to go to a USO.

Posse Comitatus Act

if Mexico is letting invaders in from Mexico--that is an act of war by MEXICO!!!!
so the US would be defending herself--not committing an act of war

Looks like it may happen.

BREAKING: Trump Says Military Will Be Used To Protect Border

I like it. Whatever it takes.

One would think that you guys would understand by now that Trump tweeting about something is not to be taken as an implication that anything will actually happen.

The Posse Comitatus Act would be a difficult hurdle to overcome.
The PURPOSE of the military is national defense e.g. US borders. This has nothing to do with Posse Comitatus.

No. That’s the purpose of the border patrol .

Trump is playing with you rubes . You eat this shit up .

It’s amazing . Cons always fear big government, but now you want to activate the military act WITHIN our borders ? !

One would think that you guys would understand by now that Trump tweeting about something is not to be taken as an implication that anything will actually happen.

You think defending our borders is civil law enforcement? WTF? Can you dress yourself?

Just curious since you don't think the role of the military is to secure our borders what you think the military is for since normal people know that's their primary mission. In fact what else do they do? Pick up pizzas and deliver them?

It’s amazing . Cons always fear big government, but now you want to activate the military act WITHIN our borders ? !

Did you bawl when Obama did it?

Oh you mean the military excersies in Texas that were a front for an obama armed take over?

Isn’t that what you rubes believed ?

No I mean when he sent military to help with the drug war.

Now don't you feel foolish, fucking clown shoes

You know, this will never work. If we put military on the border, and they kill people before they cross, that could be considered an act of war, or at the very least, murder, because they aren't breaking any of our laws when they are on the Mexican side of the border.

But, if the people do cross, then all the military can do is point at them and say "there they are". They don't have the authority to arrest, detain, or shoot anyone on this side of the border.

If you say get around it by using the NG? Well, now you have the problem of having to ask the governor of the state for them, because the NG is under the control of the state. The governors could refuse to allow their NG troops to go to the border.

Besides.........................Jr. tried that little stunt and it failed. Trump is going to find out that he can't do it either.

The PURPOSE of the military is national defense e.g. US borders. This has nothing to do with Posse Comitatus.

No. That’s the purpose of the border patrol .

Trump is playing with you rubes . You eat this shit up .
Shut up fuckhead you dont know me from Adam.
The point I was attempting to make is the defense of the border and thus national defense being extra Posse Comitatus. For instance, if we have a foreign force converging on our border would this also be a violation of Posse Comitatus? Given then current environment of international terrorism and the porous nature of our border I think this argument could be logically made.

You know, this will never work. If we put military on the border, and they kill people before they cross, that could be considered an act of war, or at the very least, murder, because they aren't breaking any of our laws when they are on the Mexican side of the border.

But, if the people do cross, then all the military can do is point at them and say "there they are". They don't have the authority to arrest, detain, or shoot anyone on this side of the border.

If you say get around it by using the NG? Well, now you have the problem of having to ask the governor of the state for them, because the NG is under the control of the state. The governors could refuse to allow their NG troops to go to the border.

Besides.........................Jr. tried that little stunt and it failed. Trump is going to find out that he can't do it either.

Abbot would in a heart beat....and you know it

You think defending our borders is civil law enforcement? WTF? Can you dress yourself?

Just curious since you don't think the role of the military is to secure our borders what you think the military is for since normal people know that's their primary mission. In fact what else do they do? Pick up pizzas and deliver them?

We are not at war with Canada or Mexico ! Do you realize the commerce that happens at our border on a daily basis ?

What next ? Have the Air Force run our airports ?

Oh you mean the military excersies in Texas that were a front for an obama armed take over?

Obama didn't send in the military. He sent in the National Guard, which has different rules than the military does for deployment and who can send them.

Obama orders 1,200 Guard troops to border

To do what ? Fly drones around ?

You rubes feed off soundbites and don’t think things through . You want some 18 year old soidier Sniping you because you are hiking out in the desert?

We have a professional border patrol !

Obama didn't send in the military. He sent in the National Guard, which has different rules than the military does for deployment and who can send them.

Obama orders 1,200 Guard troops to border

So Trump sends the guard, still military ...sit down and shush I don't give two shits about your ramblings

Forum List

Back