“Trump will deconstruct the administrative state and part of that is crushing the Deep State” Steve Bannon (nothing inflammatory, no name-calling)

I think the problem is that they conflate several things without understanding any of them.

They conflate "the deep state (administrative state)" with Washington and government (thank you Ronald Reagan) without really understanding the role they play in their everyday lives. And people like Steve Bannon play into that anti-government sentiment and general lack of knowledge.

It reminds me of that protester during the Republican attempt to revoke Obamacare. She was arguing for it by holding up a pamflet saying something like "keep your hands of my healthcare", or something. The gist always stuck with me.

She was supporting a policy taking away her access to healthcare while holding up a sign advocating for it. She simply couldn't correlate her needs with her anti-government stance.
Yeah, great point. To me, this is the long term influence that talk radio has played. The constant diet they consume is shallow sound bytes and platitudes, little or no pushback, and targeted rhetoric designed specifically to inflame. When you try to dig a little deeper, they run out of steam. Intellectual elasticity is absent.

Again, that's not to say the concerns are not valid. But this binary, Good vs. Evil approach in which they want to make the world as simple as possible just isn't constructive.

So you didn't say it

The " administrative state allows everyone to have things like education, fire department, the military, roads, law enforcement, etc.etc. all those things that people can't do themselves. So how do you propose to have a functioning country without it?

Here we'll start with one
You need a federal department of education for what exactly?
To have generally uniform standards of education throughout the nation. This in order to ensure that a child in let's say Alabama can go to college in let's say Texas and get a job in let's say New York.

Yeah, great point. To me, this is the long term influence that talk radio has played. The constant diet they consume is shallow sound bytes and platitudes, little or no pushback, and targeted rhetoric designed specifically to inflame. When you try to dig a little deeper, they run out of steam. Intellectual elasticity is absent.

Again, that's not to say the concerns are not valid. But this binary, Good vs. Evil approach in which they want to make the world as simple as possible just isn't constructive.
You're the last person who should call anyone simplistic...

To have generally uniform standards of education throughout the nation. This in order to ensure that a child in let's say Alabama can go to college in let's say Texas and get a job in let's say New York.
How have those uniform standards helped students over the last 4or 5decades
How do Us students compare to other countries
The students who can't point to Peru on a map
It's not due to lack of funding
Your necessary federal institutions are failures and ideologicaly compromised

The world is inherently messy and ambiguous. And most people are not interested in that.

That's probably my greatest frustration on this board. Most people on the right are completely fine people I have no doubt. The problem is that they have entrenched themselves to such an extent that nothing penetrates into their bubble.

They have created a world of circular reasoning where everything they think is either the truth, or simply a big conspiracy hiding the truth from them. So when they are asked to think logically, it always comes down to these 2 options. The option "I might be wrong" is simply impossible to get to. So they get mad at me when their perceptions don't match reality.

The world is inherently messy and ambiguous. And most people are not interested in that.

That's probably my greatest frustration on this board. Most people on the right are completely fine people I have no doubt. The problem is that they have entrenched themselves to such an extent that nothing penetrates into their bubble.

They have created a world of circular reasoning where everything they think is either the truth, or simply a big conspiracy hiding the truth from them. So when they are asked to think logically, it always comes down to these 2 options. The option "I might be wrong" is simply impossible to get to. So they get mad at me when their perceptions don't match reality.
I know that most of them love their country and want what's best for it. They've just been so terribly manipulated by voices they trust that they've gone down the wrong road.

Nyc had special high schools for the gifted ...they ruined em

So you're not gonna even defend the department of education on its most basic merit.how are us students doing ...as the federal government has thrown more money at education than any other country on the planet.
You can't even justify why we need them

Get off the thread ...you're to stupid and idoctinated to even have an open and honest discussion ...
This is one reason why trads and normies are abandoning the Dems in droves

How have those uniform standards helped students over the last 4or 5decades
How do Us students compare to other countries
The students who can't point to Peru on a map
It's not due to lack of funding
Your necessary federal institutions are failures and ideologicaly compromised
You asked a question. I answered that question.

If you want to ask the question as how effective they're at their job that would be another question. And a valid one. Also a complicated one.

The point is though not the validity of that question. The point is. Is there an alternative to ensure that educational standards are generally uniform across the entire country NOT dependant on some form of central government?

Saying government is failing at their job is one thing. Having an alternative for it quite another.

Nyc had special high schools for the gifted ...they ruined em

So you're not gonna even defend the department of education on its most basic merit.how are us students doing ...as the federal government has thrown more money at education than any other country on the planet

Get off the thread ...you're to stupid and idoctinated to even have an open and honest discussion ...
This is one reason why trads and normies are abandoning the Dems in droves
Be a bit patient please.

You asked a question. I answered that question.

If you want to ask the question as how effective they're at their job that would be another question. And a valid one. Also a complicated one.

The point is though not the validity of that question. The point is. Is there an alternative to ensure that educational standards are generally uniform across the entire country NOT dependant on some form of central government?

Saying government is failing at their job is one thing. Having an alternative for it quite another.
I was in the fridge gathering a small plate of leftover chinks...and a miller ...breakfast of champions baby
I really didn't expect anything intelligent or insightful out of ya

Your teachers have failed you
Thiers no alternative but muh xspurts in the federal bureaucracy

You're to stupid and indoctrinated

Interviewer: The Soviets use the phase, “ideological subversion”. What do they mean by that?

Bezmenov: Ideological subversion is the process which is legitimate overt and open. You can see it with your own eyes. All you have to do, all the American mass media has to do is to unplug their bananas from their ears, open up their eyes and they can see. There’s no mystery. There’s nothing to do with espionage. I know espionage intelligence gathering looks more romantic, it sells more deodorants through their advertising, probably. That’s why your Hollywood producers are so crazy about James Bond type of thrillers. But in reality, the main emphasis of the KGB is not in the area of intelligence at all! According to my opinion, and the opinion of many defectors of my caliber, only about 15% of time, money and manpower is spent on espionage as such. The other 85% is a slow process which we call either ideological subversion or active measures, (2 Russian words, активные something, I couldn’t catch it) in the language of the KGB, or psychological warfare. What it basically means is, to change the perception of reality of every American to such as extent that in spite of the abundance of information no one is able to come to sensible conclusions in the interest of defending themselves, their families, their community and their country.

It’s a great brainwashing process which goes very slow and is divided into four basic stages, the first one being demoralization. It takes from 15 to 20 years to demoralize a nation. Why that many years? Because this is the minimum number of years which is required to educate one generation of students in the country of your enemy exposed to the ideology of your enemy. In other words, Marxism / Leninism ideology is being pumped into the soft heads of at least 3 generations of American students without being challenged or counterbalanced by the basic values of Americanism, American patriotism.

The demoralization process in the United States is basically completed already, for the last 25 years, actually it’s over fulfilled because demoralization now reaches such areas where previously not even Comrade Andropov and all his experts would even dream of such a tremendous success. Most of it is being done by Americans to Americans thanks to a lack of moral standards. As I mentioned before, exposure to true information does not matter any more. A person who is demoralized is unable to assess true information. The facts tell nothing to him. Even if I shower him with information, with authentic proof, with documents, with pictures, even if I take him by force to the Soviet Union and show him a concentration camp, he will refuse to believe it until he’s going to receive a kick in his fat bottom. When a military boot crushes his balls, then he will understand, but not before that. That’s the tragedy of the situation of demoralization.

The next stage is destabilization. This time, the subverter does not care about your ideas and the patterns of your consumption, whether you eat junk food and get fat and flabby, it doesn’t matter anymore. This time, and it takes only from 2 to 5 years to destabilize a nation, what matters is essentials, the economy, foreign relations, defense systems. And you can see quite clearly that in some areas in such sensitive areas as defense and economy, the influence of Marxist / Leninist ideas in the United States is absolutely fantastic. I could never believe it 14 years ago when I landed in this part of the world that the process will go that fast.

The next stage of course is crisis. It may take only up to 6 weeks to bring a country up to the verge of crisis. You can see them in Central America now.

And after crisis, with a violent change of power, structure and economy, you have a period of so called normalization. It may last indefinitely. Normalization is a cynical expression born from Soviet propaganda. When the Soviet tanks moved into Czechoslovakia in ’68, Comrade Brezhnev said, “Now the situation in brotherly Czechoslovakia is normalized!” This is what will happen in the United States if you allow all these smucks to bring the country to crisis, to promise people all kind of goodies and a paradise on earth, to destabilize your economy, to eliminate the principle of free market competition, and to put a Big Brother government in Washington D.C. With benevolent dictators like Walter Mondale who will promise lots of things, never mind whether the promises are fulfilled or not.

:stir:

I was in the fridge gathering a small plate of leftover chinks...and a miller ...breakfast of champions baby
I really didn't expect anything intelligent or insightful out of ya

Your teachers have failed you
Thiers no alternative but muh xspurts in the federal bureaucracy

You're to stupid and indoctrinated
First calling me stupid and indoctrinated is NOT an argument. Dodging my question by... well I don't know what the second paragraph is supposed to mean, but ...that. Isn't one either.

I've allowed you to set the parameters of the argument by letting you pick a specific governmental agency you've got a problem with. Thereby, and don't think I didn't notice, allowing you to dodge the very specific federal government functions I gave as an example. And answered your question in a civil matter. You then proceed to pose the red herring (change the argument) from asking me to explain the function of the agency, to defend it's effectiveness. Again dodging my answer. When I then call you on this and bring the conversation back to the function of the agency, you resort to name-calling, still not really giving a rebuttal.

Yankee, I can't say I'm disappointed. Since I've long since given up on the notion of actually having a honest conversation with anyone on the right on this board.
But I do want you to know, that your evasions don't fool me for a second.

Last edited:
Interviewer: The Soviets use the phase, “ideological subversion”. What do they mean by that?

Bezmenov: Ideological subversion is the process which is legitimate overt and open. You can see it with your own eyes. All you have to do, all the American mass media has to do is to unplug their bananas from their ears, open up their eyes and they can see. There’s no mystery. There’s nothing to do with espionage. I know espionage intelligence gathering looks more romantic, it sells more deodorants through their advertising, probably. That’s why your Hollywood producers are so crazy about James Bond type of thrillers. But in reality, the main emphasis of the KGB is not in the area of intelligence at all! According to my opinion, and the opinion of many defectors of my caliber, only about 15% of time, money and manpower is spent on espionage as such. The other 85% is a slow process which we call either ideological subversion or active measures, (2 Russian words, активные something, I couldn’t catch it) in the language of the KGB, or psychological warfare. What it basically means is, to change the perception of reality of every American to such as extent that in spite of the abundance of information no one is able to come to sensible conclusions in the interest of defending themselves, their families, their community and their country.

It’s a great brainwashing process which goes very slow and is divided into four basic stages, the first one being demoralization. It takes from 15 to 20 years to demoralize a nation. Why that many years? Because this is the minimum number of years which is required to educate one generation of students in the country of your enemy exposed to the ideology of your enemy. In other words, Marxism / Leninism ideology is being pumped into the soft heads of at least 3 generations of American students without being challenged or counterbalanced by the basic values of Americanism, American patriotism.

The demoralization process in the United States is basically completed already, for the last 25 years, actually it’s over fulfilled because demoralization now reaches such areas where previously not even Comrade Andropov and all his experts would even dream of such a tremendous success. Most of it is being done by Americans to Americans thanks to a lack of moral standards. As I mentioned before, exposure to true information does not matter any more. A person who is demoralized is unable to assess true information. The facts tell nothing to him. Even if I shower him with information, with authentic proof, with documents, with pictures, even if I take him by force to the Soviet Union and show him a concentration camp, he will refuse to believe it until he’s going to receive a kick in his fat bottom. When a military boot crushes his balls, then he will understand, but not before that. That’s the tragedy of the situation of demoralization.

The next stage is destabilization. This time, the subverter does not care about your ideas and the patterns of your consumption, whether you eat junk food and get fat and flabby, it doesn’t matter anymore. This time, and it takes only from 2 to 5 years to destabilize a nation, what matters is essentials, the economy, foreign relations, defense systems. And you can see quite clearly that in some areas in such sensitive areas as defense and economy, the influence of Marxist / Leninist ideas in the United States is absolutely fantastic. I could never believe it 14 years ago when I landed in this part of the world that the process will go that fast.

The next stage of course is crisis. It may take only up to 6 weeks to bring a country up to the verge of crisis. You can see them in Central America now.

And after crisis, with a violent change of power, structure and economy, you have a period of so called normalization. It may last indefinitely. Normalization is a cynical expression born from Soviet propaganda. When the Soviet tanks moved into Czechoslovakia in ’68, Comrade Brezhnev said, “Now the situation in brotherly Czechoslovakia is normalized!” This is what will happen in the United States if you allow all these smucks to bring the country to crisis, to promise people all kind of goodies and a paradise on earth, to destabilize your economy, to eliminate the principle of free market competition, and to put a Big Brother government in Washington D.C. With benevolent dictators like Walter Mondale who will promise lots of things, never mind whether the promises are fulfilled or not.

:stir:
Lol being able to do math at a certain level isn't really "indoctrinating". But hey, why let that stand in the way of huffing and puffing right.

I'm just following the USMB rules.

That's fine.
Yes.
And I'm just replying to what you wrote.
Good.
Following your request to refrain from name calling. Something I tend to do regardless.
And the required number of sentences as well?
So now my question becomes. Can you offer a coherent rebuttal to my counter-arguments?
Most definitely, yes.

Lol being able to do math at a certain level isn't really "indoctrinating". But hey, why let that stand in the way of huffing and puffing right.
Subverted Marxist monkey says WHAT????
No, you're HELL BENT on your "AMERICA BAD" crusade as you were TAUGHT to.
That's the MATH you were force fed, and YOU had no common sense or SPINE to think otherwise, and here you are proving it. :eusa_hand:

Subverted Marxist monkey says WHAT????
No, you're HELL BENT on your "AMERICA BAD" crusade as you were TAUGHT to.
That's the MATH you were force fed, and YOU had no common sense or SPINE to think otherwise, and here you are proving it. :eusa_hand:
It's actually pretty funny that you think trolling works on me. Better people have tried... and failed.

Forum List

Back