Trump’s Appeal: What Psychology Tells Us

Trump's issues were completely boring, ie jobs and immigration.

Yet the resopnse was hysterical.

From over here it looks like what you people are really upset about, is people like us having any voice at all.

THat makes it a matter of Identity. ANd considering the genocidal talk we so often hear about US "dying out", somewhat even more, perhaps a matter of survival.

Your hate of us, is what made it personal.

Nobody hates you, except possibly YOU. Trump Cultists are full of self-loathing, feelings of inferiority and low self-esteem, just like Trump. You're projecting your own hatred of "others" onto us, but hatred of others is YOUR problem. The left are just trying to build a stronger country.

Trump issue was always white nationalism and white grievance. And you've cheered the hate at every step of the way.

Trump's issues were completely boring, ie jobs and immigration.

Yet the resopnse was hysterical.

From over here it looks like what you people are really upset about, is people like us having any voice at all.

THat makes it a matter of Identity. ANd considering the genocidal talk we so often hear about US "dying out", somewhat even more, perhaps a matter of survival.

Your hate of us, is what made it personal.

Nobody hates you, except possibly YOU. Trump Cultists are full of self-loathing, feelings of inferiority and low self-esteem, just like Trump. You're projecting your own irrational anger and hate onto others to justify your own feelings of being under attack.

Trump issue was always white nationalism and white grievance, and you've been right there cheering the hate, division and racism on. He wasn't talking about building a wall on the Northern Border, even though there are more illegal immigrants in the USA in Canada than nearly every other country.

I'm always amused by those who make claims regarding the psychology of those who vote for Trump while being attracted to a man who is an old pedophile who shits his pants.

This goes far beyond traditional politics or traditional partisan politics. The connection here is FAR deeper than anything this country has seen before. It's emotional. It's connected to their self esteem. This is a lifestyle. They sleep in the sheets, they wear the clothes, they paint their cars, on and on and on.

That's difficult enough to believe and understand, although I'm sure trying. And the attachment to this person, of all people. This flamboyant, guttural, immoral, childish metrosexual. It just defies logic. How can they fall head over heels for a person whose entire history is that of a con man, a charlatan?

This period will be studied for a long damn time, that's for sure.
Seems like the classic pinnings of a cult. But...

"the process will require not only empathy and individual family involvement but a wholesale change in how social media and information systems separate fact from dangerous fictions. “I would put undue influence or mind control as the number-two most important thing that we address for the planet,” he says. “Because otherwise authoritarianism, using social media, is a threat.”

I don't see that happening, do you?

Seems like the classic pinnings of a cult. But...

"the process will require not only empathy and individual family involvement but a wholesale change in how social media and information systems separate fact from dangerous fictions. “I would put undue influence or mind control as the number-two most important thing that we address for the planet,” he says. “Because otherwise authoritarianism, using social media, is a threat.”

I don't see that happening, do you?
Y'know, I think about this a lot, and I really don't know. I think you're probably right, and the primary reason is that the voices they trust have no reason to stop enabling it all. When comparing this to cults, a person finally gets past the pull of a cult because they can physically separate themselves from it. In this case, these people are marinating in it 24/7/365 with TV, radio and the internet. And, as I mentioned, this is a literal lifestyle for them. It fills a big hole for them, and they surround themselves with it like a warm coat.

This was building over decades. I don't think anyone saw how deep and intense and insulated this was, including many in the party. Now we know.

By the way, I've long believed that ideology is not a function of intelligence. That would explain why perfectly intelligent people can become infected by it. And yeah, I look at it much like I would an affliction or a virus.

Trump remembered 'the forgotten man' and was against Big Gov't playing God.

As a career therapist well versed in psychology, this is all anyone needs to understand. His appeal is wired into a natural American instinct to survive, politically expressing freedom and liberty.

Hillary never had a chance and Sippy Cup had to be installed!!

Nobody hates you, except possibly YOU. Trump Cultists are full of self-loathing, feelings of inferiority and low self-esteem, just like Trump. You're projecting your own irrational anger and hate onto others to justify your own feelings of being under attack.

Trump issue was always white nationalism and white grievance, and you've been right there cheering the hate, division and racism on. He wasn't talking about building a wall on the Northern Border, even though there are more illegal immigrants in the USA in Canada than nearly every other country.

You say you don't hate me, then spend the rest of your post expressing your complete contempt.

"White natinionalism"? He never said anything hinting at that.

"White Grievance"? Sounds like code for, White guys aren't allowed to say anything.

Nobody hates you, except possibly YOU. Trump Cultists are full of self-loathing, feelings of inferiority and low self-esteem, just like Trump. You're projecting your own hatred of "others" onto us, but hatred of others is YOUR problem. The left are just trying to build a stronger country.

Trump issue was always white nationalism and white grievance. And you've cheered the hate at every step of the way.
:clap2:

They are birds of feather. That's a part of this otherwise inexplicable, deep emotional bond they have with a flamboyant, juvenile, vulgar, metrosexual New York City billionaire who cares about no one but himself.

Trump’s Appeal: What Psychology Tells Us​

Idiot, do you have any background in psychology? I do but I'm betting you do not, and neither do the authors of your article taken from back before Trump was even elected in 2017--- so how would these laymen know anything of what psychology tells them???

Behind his unforeseen success in the 2016 election was a masterful use of group psychology principles:
Psychology (psychological operations) are used throughout advertising and political campaigns by all for a very long time.

Donald Trump's rallies enacted how Trump and his followers would like the country to be.
Stupid, EVERY political campaign is based on how its followers would like a country to be! That is why they FOLLOW it.

he established himself as a prototypical American and a voice for people who otherwise felt voiceless.
Only because he IS a role-model for the ideal successful American who GAVE a voice to people who otherwise have no voice! The point being that is was REAL, not something imagined, that is why people FOLLOWED it.

And why democrats are having so hard a time getting real followers instead relying on CHEATING: because what democrats profess to voters is all made up and doesn't have that instinctive RING OF TRUTH which is what gleans passionate followers! People hear democrats tell them of all the good they are doing yet when they look around them, they JUST DON'T SEE IT in the real world that is their lives.

SO FUNNY. The idiot dragonlady has actually found a supporter who agrees with her!!! :auiqs.jpg:

a flamboyant, juvenile, vulgar, billionaire
Well, that certainly leaves out Bedpan Diaper Joe, he's no billionaire, he's not flamboyant, but the juvenile vulgar parts certainly do fit. Joe probably got that way growing up working as a lifeguard at the all-black swimming pool in the slum he lived in. Joe must have been the neighborhood token cracker there.

who cares about no one but himself.
Now there you finally hit Joe straight on the head to a tee.

[ This is what Trump's appeal can do to some of his followers ]

For decades, people have thought of conspiracy theories as harmless amusements. But the past six years have demonstrated their extraordinary toxicity: They are incredibly dangerous to democracy, primarily because they destroy the shared reality necessary for it to function. By untethering people from reality, conspiracy theories poison relationships on every level, from national to local to the family itself.

As a recent incident in Michigan demonstrates, their ability to tear families apart is especially devastating. In the town of Walled Lake, a 53-year-old man named Igor Lanis became so wrapped up in QAnon and other Trumpist conspiracy theories—particularly the former president’s claims to have won the 2020 election—that he finally erupted at his family because they failed to fall down the rabbit holes with him, went on a rampage with a handgun and a shotgun, and gunned them down before being shot by police on his front lawn.

(full article online)

[ This is what Trump's appeal can do to some of his followers ]

For decades, people have thought of conspiracy theories as harmless amusements. But the past six years have demonstrated their extraordinary toxicity: They are incredibly dangerous to democracy, primarily because they destroy the shared reality necessary for it to function. By untethering people from reality, conspiracy theories poison relationships on every level, from national to local to the family itself.

As a recent incident in Michigan demonstrates, their ability to tear families apart is especially devastating. In the town of Walled Lake, a 53-year-old man named Igor Lanis became so wrapped up in QAnon and other Trumpist conspiracy theories—particularly the former president’s claims to have won the 2020 election—that he finally erupted at his family because they failed to fall down the rabbit holes with him, went on a rampage with a handgun and a shotgun, and gunned them down before being shot by police on his front lawn.

(full article online)

Do you believe that President Trump said that neo nazis were very fine people? (this is relevant to the shared reality you mentioned)

Forum List

Back