Trump's big mistake with the American public

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
Trump really just talks to people like anyone talks to anyone in this country which is a big mistake with the voting population. Most Americans have been so talked down to by their politicians they they have been convinced that their own opinions do not count or are not valid. Whenever I hear people talk about their favorite politician they talk about how qualified he is to be president of the United States but they can't name one element of their platform that they agree with. I'm sure they have their own ideas of what they want done but the communist/fascist left with the cooperation of the ignorant right have convinced people that their politicians should do all the thinking for them. Their opinions on how things should be done and what actions should be taken are not worthy of consideration. It doesn't seem democratic at all but it is the mindset of almost all voters in this country. I myself use to think that, in democracy, the people's opinion is the only opinion that counts but in democracy today it is the elite's opinion of how things should be done. They run everything for us. Do we want to deport illegals...sure...but the 'experts' say NO which means the people should just go away or something. Wouldn't democracy be easier if the people weren't in the way?

You do understand the concept of elected representatives, don;t you?

Democracy? I thought that was a bad word on the right, up there with "mob rule". How many times have we been told in similar circumstances that this is a "republic"? Seems like an argument that's just used for convenience, then there's times like this!

• Banned
Democracy? I thought that was a bad word on the right, up there with "mob rule". How many times have we been told in similar circumstances that this is a "republic"? Seems like an argument that's just used for convenience, then there's times like this!

I noticed that as well. I suppose democracy should just be ended right now since no one seems to care for it anymore. How are we suppose to choose the people to make the laws? Do you think we should go back to the days of having kings?

• Banned

Tell me if I am wrong since you seem to know what this is. An elected representative is someone that the people choose by popular vote to represent them in office. That person should be able to get into office as long as the people who vote for him agree with his actions. That means it is the people's opinion on the matter that counts the most since not one single elected representative can hold onto office without the people's consent.

Am I right?

I noticed that as well. I suppose democracy should just be ended right now since no one seems to care for it anymore. How are we suppose to choose the people to make the laws? Do you think we should go back to the days of having kings?
Why are you asking me? Ask the "democracy vs republic" crowd? I was just mentioning it as a point of interest. There are those on the right that seem to like to throw it out there as a way to win an argument,when all they're actually doing is displaying their ignorance, since the two concepts aren't mutually exclusive.

Tell me if I am wrong since you seem to know what this is. An elected representative is someone that the people choose by popular vote to represent them in office. That person should be able to get into office as long as the people who vote for him agree with his actions. That means it is the people's opinion on the matter that counts the most since not one single elected representative can hold onto office without the people's consent. Am I right?
In theory, but as long as donated money dominates the system, it's a pipe dream. Support public financing of elections.

Why are you asking me? Ask the "democracy vs republic" crowd? I was just mentioning it as a point of interest. There are those on the right that seem to like to throw it out there as a way to win an argument,when all they're actually doing is displaying their ignorance, since the two concepts aren't mutually exclusive.

• Banned
Tell me if I am wrong since you seem to know what this is. An elected representative is someone that the people choose by popular vote to represent them in office. That person should be able to get into office as long as the people who vote for him agree with his actions. That means it is the people's opinion on the matter that counts the most since not one single elected representative can hold onto office without the people's consent. Am I right?
In theory, but as long as donated money dominates the system, it's a pipe dream. Support public financing of elections.

This is just your way to throw dirt on the concept. You either agree with it or don't.

You have only one thing to Fear and it is Tears for Fears itself
86ovW.gif

The American People have been dumbed down....but have never been very astute regarding politics.

The media of course is part of the problem....yet the biggest problem is that way too many people want to escape reality via sports, movies, t.v. dramas, soap operas etc. Truth is just toooooo painful for way too many to deal with....one would think that people with kids would want to get a little educated regarding what is happening in America....are they not concerned about the future of their kids?

I totally agree with you on that. I've noticed that some people used that expression as a way of negating popular elections but it is true that a constitution kind of does limit what democracies can do.

I really don't know if these terms are mutually exclusive. I know that virtually everyone thought democracy as in the people should decide was a good idea when the constitution was written but constitutions kind of limit what democracies can do since the people writing the laws have to follow those rules.

The American People have been dumbed down....but have never been very astute regarding politics.

The media of course is part of the problem....yet the biggest problem is that way too many people want to escape reality via sports, movies, t.v. dramas, soap operas etc. Truth is just toooooo painful for way too many to deal with....one would think that people with kids would want to get a little educated regarding what is happening in America....are they not concerned about the future of their kids?

What does that mean that the American people have never been that astute when it comes to politics?

We all do...

Right up to the point where elected representatives no longer faithfully represent the interests and desires of their constituencies...

Which is why in a democracy no one can rule without the consent of the people. They simply lose their jobs when they govern in a way that they don't agree with. Why do some people have to make this argument to others in our country? I would think that would be kind of obvious in any democratic form of government especially if you live in one.

What does that mean that the American people have never been that astute when it comes to politics?

Stupidity runs rampant in the electorate aka clueless voters....many not even understanding what is in their best interests...others willing to sacrifice their best interests in order to be politically correct...etc.etc.etc. bottom line: a nation of fools...deal wid it boyo!

We all do...

Right up to the point where elected representatives no longer faithfully represent the interests and desires of their constituencies...

Which is why in a democracy no one can rule without the consent of the people. They simply lose their jobs when they govern in a way that they don't agree with. Why do some people have to make this argument to others in our country? I would think that would be kind of obvious in any democratic form of government especially if you live in one.

Can anyone say...Naive?

The first thing you have to understand is the mainstream media's bias against republicans. Trump handles the media better than any other republican candidate in modern times including Reagan. People understand that and respond to it consciously or unconsciously. I used to cringe when George Bush would stutter and stay on the defensive under unrelenting media attack. McCain, who used the ironic campaign slogan "the straight talk express" was a joke. He wouldn't even mention Obama's middle name for fear of being criticized by the media.

Stupidity runs rampant in the electorate aka clueless voters....many not even understanding what is in their best interests...others willing to sacrifice their best interests in order to be politically correct...etc.etc.etc. bottom line: a nation of fools...deal wid it boyo!

people know what is in their best interests, can't blame the people for all the times politicians deceive them or keep secrets about what is really going on.

That normally happens when you lefties are trying to use your majority on some issue to infringe on the rights of an individual.

This is a DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC, where the people vote on a number of types of representatives, ie Representatives, Senators, and the President, with many UNDEMOCRATIC checks and balances, such as the Supreme Court that is supposed to protect the Rights of Individuals.

This system is obviously breaking down due to liberalism corrupting the system.

Forum List

Back