Trump's devious plan to eliminate Sanctuary cities?

Dowdy was dogging lefties who were against giving the local police the authority to deal with illegals in like 2015. Dowdy's the man, if he thought it was an alright idea, I'm good with its legality.

Paraphrased he said, we trust the local police with every other aspect of protecting our people, why not with the authority to call in ICE about illegal immigrants they catch? To which the left's response was roughly, well the police don't have the ability to hold them until ICE got there... LOL

Lock us UP? For what? Exercising our Constitutional rights???? I see the police state mentality is already in place...
I wanted to let you face your fear only to find out you have nothing to fear from President Trump because that won't happen. So stop listening to your "leaders" who tell you what to think.
I take credit for everything I post here, good or bad. And since I am really a non partisan conservative, I read something, weigh it against other sources and make a decision as to whether i am for or against any given premise. Don't you wish everybody did that?

Dowdy was dogging lefties who were against giving the local police the authority to deal with illegals in like 2015. Dowdy's the man, if he thought it was an alright idea, I'm good with its legality.

Paraphrased he said, we trust the local police with every other aspect of protecting our people, why not with the authority to call in ICE about illegal immigrants they catch? To which the left's response was roughly, well the police don't have the ability to hold them until ICE got there... LOL

I have said this before in other similar threads. There is a question of jurisdiction. A law enforcement officer is an extension of the court he serves. Municipal, County and State cops enforce the laws that are specific to their legislative bodies and the courts therein. Any federal money earmarked for each strata of policing was meant to support each agency within the purview of their jurisdiction. And , I may be wrong but I don't think Congress has given states and local cops the authority to enforce federal laws. Even the National Guard cannot be used to do so until the President federalizes them in a time of crisis.

Detention of undocumented workers:

If you were a cop on patrol, how would you determine that a person is an illegal migrant should you run across someone suspected of being one? If he she has no ID and does not confess to being illegal, how long can you hold them to make that determination If they have committed no crime?

Undocumented people are not ALL here illegally. BTW.

Trump releases plans for all kinds of silly crap. He's even trying to do some of it. He'll soon find that being president isn't the same as being king, like he thought.
I pray that you are right. If Trump has all police power under his control, we can only shudder at the possibilities and arm ourselves against the inevitable.
Yeah, I can't wait to hear about it.

Trump releases plans for all kinds of silly crap. He's even trying to do some of it. He'll soon find that being president isn't the same as being king, like he thought.

Obama thought he was still king the day he left office. He had plenty of his servants like you still lining up to kiss his ass.

I have said this before in other similar threads. There is a question of jurisdiction. A law enforcement officer is an extension of the court he serves. Municipal, County and State cops enforce the laws that are specific to their legislative bodies and the courts therein. Any federal money earmarked for each strata of policing was meant to support each agency within the purview of their jurisdiction. And , I may be wrong but I don't think Congress has given states and local cops the authority to enforce federal laws. Even the National Guard cannot be used to do so until the President federalizes them in a time of crisis.

If you were a cop on patrol, how would you determine that a person is an illegal migrant should you run across someone suspected of being one? If he she has no ID and does not confess to being illegal, how long can you hold them to make that determination If they have committed no crime?

If you're not documented and the law requires that you be so, it's illegal.

How do you know he thought that? Got some proof?

His actions.

Which ones? I agree he has an ego. Any President should.....just as Obama did......I don't want a wuss around. But, to think he is king? C'on. I would like more than opinion. What exactly did you learn that caused you to think he thought he was a king?

There is a long list of things he said he was going to do that are clearly unconstitutional, and no, I'm not going to give you a list. If you weren't in a coma, you heard them too.

Clearly unconstitutional by whose standards, yours?

I heard Obama say he didn't have constitutional authority to do what he eventually did with immigration. When he did, nothing from you about an action but you whine about words. Pucker up, NL.

Slam the door on these assholes and send them back to the shit holes from which they came. Those sanctuary cities look like their previous cardboard box of a home

-Geaux

Trump has already announced a plan that could undermine sanctuary enclaves on any level, be it local, county or state. Within the first 100 days of his administration he plans to nationalize all law enforcement agencies /departments under the auspices of Homeland security. That move will centralize all police power under one roof. No sanctuary city, state or county can exist under that paradigm since all of them will be working for the FEDS.

The question arises as to who will be responsible for enforcing local and state laws and ordinances? To find an example of what could develop if Trump's plan sees the light of day my research took me to South Korea.
Having served in Korea twice I have some idea of just how effective that policing model is. It worked fine for South Korea but I don't think our state governments are going to allow Trump to usurp their power like that!

Trump Announces Plan to Federalize American Police Departments
Oh shit I got excited. You said "eliminate" I got all happy. You are just talking about President Trump protecting the American public from violent crime

Obama thought he was still king the day he left office. He had plenty of his servants like you still lining up to kiss his ass.
Naw, Obama was ready to get the heck outta there. A man can only take so much abuse . Let's see if Trump handles it as well!

What law do you know of that requires you to have an ID unless you are driving an automobile? And even if there is such a law, you can't detain someone for not having one,
and you certainly can't jump to the conclusion they are illegal. Probable cause to stop and ask for ID is still continent on suspicion of law breaking last time I checked. If cops start arbitrarily asking for ID every time they suspect some one is an illegal, get ready for the lawsuits to follow when legitimate Americans who get stopped have had enough!

What law do you know of that requires you to have an ID unless you are driving an automobile? And even if there is such a law, you can't detain someone for not having one,
and you certainly can't jump to the conclusion they are illegal. Probable cause to stop and ask for ID is still continent on suspicion of law breaking last time I checked. If cops start arbitrarily asking for ID every time they suspect some one is an illegal, get ready for the lawsuits to follow when legitimate Americans who get stopped have had enough!

His actions.

Which ones? I agree he has an ego. Any President should.....just as Obama did......I don't want a wuss around. But, to think he is king? C'on. I would like more than opinion. What exactly did you learn that caused you to think he thought he was a king?

There is a long list of things he said he was going to do that are clearly unconstitutional, and no, I'm not going to give you a list. If you weren't in a coma, you heard them too.

I heard Obama say he didn't have constitutional authority to do what he eventually did with immigration. When he did, nothing from you about an action but you whine about words. Pucker up, NL.
What acronym does NL stand for?

Trump has already announced a plan that could undermine sanctuary enclaves on any level, be it local, county or state. Within the first 100 days of his administration he plans to nationalize all law enforcement agencies /departments under the auspices of Homeland security. That move will centralize all police power under one roof. No sanctuary city, state or county can exist under that paradigm since all of them will be working for the FEDS.

The question arises as to who will be responsible for enforcing local and state laws and ordinances? To find an example of what could develop if Trump's plan sees the light of day my research took me to South Korea.
Having served in Korea twice I have some idea of just how effective that policing model is. It worked fine for South Korea but I don't think our state governments are going to allow Trump to usurp their power like that!

Trump Announces Plan to Federalize American Police Departments
Oh shit I got excited. You said "eliminate" I got all happy. You are just talking about President Trump protecting the American public from violent crime
I guess a criminal knows best how to fight crime... Trump is our guy heh heh heh!

What are you 15?

You have to have ID to buy booze or cigarettes; on top of which both were forced by fed mandate on the threat of fed fund withholding if I'm not mistaken. (I know for sure that 21 to buy booze was.)

Naw, Obama was ready to get the heck outta there. A man can only take so much abuse . Let's see if Trump handles it as well!

Not hardly coming from someone that said he could have won a 3rd term. If he was ready to get out, that wouldn't have been a thought.

Looks like great idea....

2whqg7n.jpg

His actions.

What acronym does NL stand for?

:lmao:

Forum List

Back