Trump's devious plan to eliminate Sanctuary cities?

Trump releases plans for all kinds of silly crap. He's even trying to do some of it. He'll soon find that being president isn't the same as being king, like he thought.
so much for states rights and small government lol

could you imagine if Obama did that?

Lately, anytime something is reported that gets under the skin of konservatives it is dismissed as "fake new." Here is my take on that. Regardless of the source, I generally do a fact check to determine the veracity of a media report. In this case, the question is: did Donald Trump say he would federalize the police? Well, myriad sources say he did.

Rule by Brute Force: The True Nature of Government | The Huffington Post
A Huffington Post article said:
Already, Donald Trump has indicated that he will pick up where his predecessors left off: he will continue to wage war, he will continue to federalize the police, and he will operate as if the Constitution does not apply to him.

Trump has already announced a plan that could undermine sanctuary enclaves on any level, be it local, county or state. Within the first 100 days of his administration he plans to nationalize all law enforcement agencies /departments under the auspices of Homeland security. That move will centralize all police power under one roof. No sanctuary city, state or county can exist under that paradigm since all of them will be working for the FEDS.

The question arises as to who will be responsible for enforcing local and state laws and ordinances? To find an example of what could develop if Trump's plan sees the light of day my research took me to South Korea.
Having served in Korea twice I have some idea of just how effective that policing model is. It worked fine for South Korea but I don't think our state governments are going to allow Trump to usurp their power like that!

Trump Announces Plan to Federalize American Police Departments
Hmmmm. Who was it that sent the Department of Justice into cities ravaged by rioters to take federal control of local police departments?

I like this Colorado state lawmakers idea. It won't go anywhere in his state, but hopefully we'll see bills like this will catch on:

Colorado Springs lawmaker introduces bill allowing people to sue sanctuary cities

Republican state Rep. Dave Williams of Colorado Springs wants to open up civil and criminal court for sanctuary city leaders "who care more about illegal aliens than protecting the people they are supposed to serve."
If an undocumented immigrant does harm because of weak government policies, a victim could sue or some investigatory agency might bring charges, under Williams' proposal.

Colorado Springs lawmaker introduces bill allowing people to sue sanctuary cities

Trump releases plans for all kinds of silly crap. He's even trying to do some of it. He'll soon find that being president isn't the same as being king, like he thought.
Trump discovered several years ago what it's like to be a Republican president when he dared to claim that Obama produced a fake birth certificate.

How do you know he thought that? Got some proof?

His actions.

Which ones? I agree he has an ego. Any President should.....just as Obama did......I don't want a wuss around. But, to think he is king? C'on. I would like more than opinion. What exactly did you learn that caused you to think he thought he was a king?

There is a long list of things he said he was going to do that are clearly unconstitutional, and no, I'm not going to give you a list. If you weren't in a coma, you heard them too.

Oh look at you. Trying to put it off on me. You said it, you own it. And you have no proof. It's just in your mind.

I don't care if you want to pretend he didn't promise all kinds of un-doable things. Believe what you want.
In another week or so, Obama's legacy will be long gone! Obama who?

His actions.

Which ones? I agree he has an ego. Any President should.....just as Obama did......I don't want a wuss around. But, to think he is king? C'on. I would like more than opinion. What exactly did you learn that caused you to think he thought he was a king?

There is a long list of things he said he was going to do that are clearly unconstitutional, and no, I'm not going to give you a list. If you weren't in a coma, you heard them too.

Oh look at you. Trying to put it off on me. You said it, you own it. And you have no proof. It's just in your mind.

I don't care if you want to pretend he didn't promise all kinds of un-doable things. Believe what you want.

I doubt it, but what does that have to do with the clown that's president now? He is lost as a goose, and is too stupid to even know he's lost.

His actions.

But Obamacare will still be in place.

Trump discovered several years ago what it's like to be a Republican president when he dared to claim that Obama produced a fake birth certificate.
Yes, faux news is a standard in the republican arsenal!

upload_2017-2-1_10-34-38.png

The Real Cost To Taxpayers For Sanctuary Cities Finally Revealed, This Will Piss You Off Big Time

I pray that you are right. If Trump has all police power under his control, we can only shudder at the possibilities and arm ourselves against the inevit
We will FINALLY have the means to lock you people up for once.
Lock us UP? For what? Exercising our Constitutional rights???? I see the police state mentality is already in place...

Trump has already announced a plan that could undermine sanctuary enclaves on any level, be it local, county or state. Within the first 100 days of his administration he plans to nationalize all law enforcement agencies /departments under the auspices of Homeland security. That move will centralize all police power under one roof. No sanctuary city, state or county can exist under that paradigm since all of them will be working for the FEDS.

The question arises as to who will be responsible for enforcing local and state laws and ordinances? To find an example of what could develop if Trump's plan sees the light of day my research took me to South Korea.
Having served in Korea twice I have some idea of just how effective that policing model is. It worked fine for South Korea but I don't think our state governments are going to allow Trump to usurp their power like that!

Trump Announces Plan to Federalize American Police Departments

Blah blah blah...this sounds just like the rumors that Obama was going to herd people into FEMA camps.

Is there an Admin in the house who can send this to the conspiracy theory thread?

But Obamacare will still be in place.
Well the mandate is gone.

Lock us UP? For what? Exercising our Constitutional rights???? I see the police state mentality is already in place...
I wanted to let you face your fear only to find out you have nothing to fear from President Trump because that won't happen. So stop listening to your "leaders" who tell you what to think.

Forum List

Back