Trump's Dow Has Shattered A Record

Before today the largest one day drop in the Dow was 777 points in the 2008 crash. Right now the Dow is down 836 points with a half hour left to go.

I bet all the people who gave credit to Trump for the Dow will blame Obama somehow.

Percentages...always use percentages when talking markets please

lol. Expect a zillion posts like the above.

Don't forget. This is Trump's stock market. If you don't believe that, review the several thousand posts by Trumptards on this forum saying just that.

Before today the largest one day drop in the Dow was 777 points in the 2008 crash. Right now the Dow is down 836 points with a half hour left to go.

I bet all the people who gave credit to Trump for the Dow will blame Obama somehow.

Percentages...always use percentages when talking markets please
Let's see 1500 as a percentage of 25000 ...... Yikes

It's needed...whatsa matter you lose your $55 you invested?

Oh well, live by the silly notion that a President owns a stock market, die by it.

I'm assuming the people slinging this partisan bullshit know better and are just having fun.

Right?
I just hope I don't need anymore to pay for my kid's schooling next year. Talked to my wife last week, but she's real busy at work. I should be grateful for that, LOL.

Frankly I don't give a shit whether it goes up down so long as my pension has enough funding to pay out close to what it's supposed to. I think the Trumprubes need to take it like adults for crowing about the stock market.

Obama and the dems simply lost touch with what was going on with the underemployed in the Midwest. I admit I haven't a lot of sympathy, having had to move twice to obtain better jobs. And those guys are often living in homes inherited, with declining property value/taxes, not paying income tax. Cry me a river. But then I'm a mainstream republican. LOL

I have heard it was going to start going down hard because it was so high. Is this it?

Here ...a good an explanation as any...

David Kelly, the chief global strategist for JPMorgan Asset Management, said the signs of inflation and rising rates are not as bad as they looked, but after the market's big gains in 2017 and early 2018, stocks were overdue for a drop.

"It's like a kid at a child's party who, after an afternoon of cake and ice cream, eats one more cookie and that puts them over the edge," he said.

As bad as Monday's drop is, the market saw worse days during the financial crisis. The Dow's 777-point plunge in September 2008 was equivalent to 7 percent, about twice as big as Monday's decline.

I have heard it was going to start going down hard because it was so high. Is this it?

David Kelly, the chief global strategist for JPMorgan Asset Management, said the signs of inflation and rising rates are not as bad as they looked, but after the market's big gains in 2017 and early 2018, stocks were overdue for a drop.

"It's like a kid at a child's party who, after an afternoon of cake and ice cream, eats one more cookie and that puts them over the edge," he said.

As bad as Monday's drop is, the market saw worse days during the financial crisis. The Dow's 777-point plunge in September 2008 was equivalent to 7 percent, about twice as big as Monday's decline.

lol, so a stock plunge on GW Bush's watch is a good example of a worse one?

perfect.

Oh well, live by the silly notion that a President owns a stock market, die by it. I'm assuming the people slinging this partisan bullshit know better and are just having fun. Right?
You have to admit Trump seems to think he owns it, should have left his trap shut.
Holy crap, you bet. If he wants to play that game, he has to deal with the down side.

He should know better, but...

lol, so a stock plunge on GW Bush's watch is a good example of a worse one?

perfect.

See you have to make it partisan...true traders work the markets regardless ....you're no trader and offer up nothing. You should probably go before you get hurt

Oh well, live by the silly notion that a President owns a stock market, die by it. I'm assuming the people slinging this partisan bullshit know better and are just having fun. Right?.
Actually I am very sure that the partisans still think that the POUTS controls the markets.
Gawd, don't even THINK that.

:laugh:

Forum List

Back