🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump's first constitutional crisis: Presidential salary

Trump saves the taxpayers $400K a year, while costing taxpayers $50 million a year in travel to all his vacation homes, including added security. What happened to Trumps campaign statements that he would rarely leve the white house, that he wouldn't take vacations, and he wouldn't play golf, because he'd be too busy in the white house making america great.
Your hypocrisy overwhelms your faux outrage, snowflake. :p

You complained Obama's vacations costing $93 million over 8 years. Well Trump costs the taxpayers that much in two years.

Trump makes $2 million a year in Trump Tower rental to the secret service.

Which is bigger $2 million Trump gets by charging the secret service, or his $400K salary?

The first lady doesn't receive a salary. Dumbass
I just love kicking the sh!t out of arrogant snowflakes who put their stupidity on display...

Melania Trump cuts bloated first lady payroll from Michelle Obama days

"Melania Trump has significantly reduced the number of aides on the first lady's office payroll in comparison to her predecessor, Michelle Obama.

During then-President Barack Obama’s first year in office, 16 people were listed working for Michelle Obama, earning a combined $1.24 million a year.

This year, just four people were listed working for Melania Trump as of June. Their salaries totaled $486,700."

The 'salary' I was referring to was the tax dollars spent to pay the salaries and expenses of 1st Lady aides / staff.

Michelle's was BLOATED and cost tax payers over $1 million dollars, compared to Melania's costing about a 3rd less.

As pointed out, the Obama's had bo problem spending and donating OUR money.

Trump keeps saying he is going to refuse a salary. However, the President does not have the constitutional power to refuse his salary. The constitution states that the President shall receive compensation from the Treasury at stated times, and that the amount shall be neither increased nor decreased during the term for which he was elected.

Under the constitution, the Congress sets the amount for Presidential pay, because only Congress can legislate expenditures from the treasury. The President does not have the power to circumvent Congress on this matter.

Aside from the constitutional issue, I don't believe for a moment that Trump ever was going to refuse his salary anyway. We're talking about a man who has spent his life bending over backwards to avoid paying an extra $3 in taxes, and refusing to pay employees and contractors. And now he wants us to believe that he's going to have $400k worth of reported income he'll have to pay taxes on anyway, but that he'll simply refuse to cash the paycheck? Yeah, right.

I look forward to the entertaining bullshit dance that is sure to follow as Trump pretends to refuse a salary.
:lmao:
Cry baby

Trump saves the taxpayers $400K a year, while costing taxpayers $50 million a year in travel to all his vacation homes, including added security. What happened to Trumps campaign statements that he would rarely leve the white house, that he wouldn't take vacations, and he wouldn't play golf, because he'd be too busy in the white house making america great.
Your hypocrisy overwhelms your faux outrage, snowflake. :p

You complained Obama's vacations costing $93 million over 8 years. Well Trump costs the taxpayers that much in two years.
In the immortal words of arrogant ass Obama, 'If you want something different, WIN SOME ELECTIONS', snowflake. :p

Trump keeps saying he is going to refuse a salary. However, the President does not have the constitutional power to refuse his salary. The constitution states that the President shall receive compensation from the Treasury at stated times, and that the amount shall be neither increased nor decreased during the term for which he was elected.

Under the constitution, the Congress sets the amount for Presidential pay, because only Congress can legislate expenditures from the treasury. The President does not have the power to circumvent Congress on this matter.

Aside from the constitutional issue, I don't believe for a moment that Trump ever was going to refuse his salary anyway. We're talking about a man who has spent his life bending over backwards to avoid paying an extra $3 in taxes, and refusing to pay employees and contractors. And now he wants us to believe that he's going to have $400k worth of reported income he'll have to pay taxes on anyway, but that he'll simply refuse to cash the paycheck? Yeah, right.

I look forward to the entertaining bullshit dance that is sure to follow as Trump pretends to refuse a salary.

Let's hope he'll pay taxes on it. He hasn't paid a penny in Federal Income tax in the last 18 years, while claiming to have a net worth of 10 billion.
:boohoo:

AGAIN, how many quarters of salary over his 8 years as President did Obama donate?

This can be filed directly into the "Don't give a fuck" drawer.

There's no need to stoop to the level of the people who post a thread on every anti-Obama article on Brietbart and Gateway Pundit, no matter how asinine it is. Whether or not Trump takes a salary is entirely irrelevant.

Well get the fuck out if you don't like the tread. What level am I allegedly stooping to? Actually you what....don't bother. In case you didn't fucking notice, all those threads have been started by fucking morons who are using them as a safe space for their cyber ejaculations about how much they either love or hate Trump or Clinton. I'm actually bringing a fucking conversation about constitutional fucking matters and you want to throw a god damned fucking hissy fit about actually talking real fucking politics in the fucking politics forum!?!?!?!?

How about you just get the fuck out and go choke on a horse dick? Clearly, trolling real conversations in hopes to maintain the status quo of drooling grunts around here is the only thing your worthless fucking life has any value for.

Fucking Christ, you morons irritate the fuck out of me sometimes.
Political correctness looks bad on you... spinelessness suits you

Holy Shit....Trump tries to save the tax payers money by not taking a salary, and whiny f*ing liberals complain about THAT!

Good f*ing grief!

Not taking will the salary will have 0 effect on taxes. And it will be mostly the 1% who will benefit from tax cuts.
It’s the thought that counts, No career politician earns/deserves their salary

Trump does not need the salary, it is a measly sum, considering he can now use military and diplomatic means to help his investments in foreign countries.

Snopes said it wasn't true ... that's what their job is.

Get over it.

Show where. From what I read it says he wants to live only part time and fly back and forth.

... and you want to make this a big deal???? Let's see ... I remember Reagan commuting back and forth to Californa, Clinton practically lived at Martha's Vineyard, Bush Sr spent his time a Kennebunkport, ME, W spent time in Texas, Obama spent more time on the golf course at Martha's Vineyard than he did in the bathroom at the White House. What about FDR's summer White House in Georgia, or LBJ's Texas ranch, or even JFK's palace in Kennebunkport.

Seriously, you need to just take a deep breath, close your eyes, and relax. You, and others, are just embarrassing yourself with this tattle tale bullshit about Trump. Let the man take office, and then attack his policies and practices.

Until then, just mellow out.

If it isn't a big deal... it wouldn't be in the news. Were those other things in the news? I know Obama's was because people were constantly complaining that he took way too many vacations and was constantly playing golf. I think things are differently here, because we are talking about downtown New York City. So that brings in a couple factors. His safety for one, New York is one of the most congested, busiest cities in the U.S. and has a high crime rate. Secondly, is he going to be 100% devoted to being President or will he be working for his own company while he is there?

Why is it in the news?

To feed the Trump hysteria - to try to impact the primary policies of the new administration.

Why wasn't the others in the news? Because it is no big deal... period ... no matter who it was.

You have attacked him, and are accusing him, and he isn't even in office. You have no idea how many nights he is going to spend in NY, you have no idea what the impact of his movement would be ... and to call NY a "high crime rate" when compared to Washington, DC is, in a word, laughable.

In short, it just looks like you guys are looking for something to bitch about ... he hasn't even taken office, so you can't attack his policies or actions. So, you latch on to piss ant minutiae like this. Save your attacks for AFTER he's in office .... everybody is already starting to tune you guys out.

Uh, all I've heard the last 8 years is how Obama is never doing anything as a President. How he's golfing or on a boat, or in the Hamptons, or at Martha's Vineyard... or playing basketball with a celebrity. So don't tell me that nothing has been in the news.

I sad New York City has high crime... and it does. Here's why it is different from Washington D.C. The White House is already fortified and ready for emergency situations! The FBI, CIA, Secret Service, Homeland Security... they are all there. If Trump decides he wants to be in New York a lot of the time... this means that a lot of people are going to have to relocate just protect him. It means extra measures will have to be made to make his Penthouse safe, it mean it will be harder to communicate with his staff.

And yeah, there is plenty to bitch about already. In one tweet Trump says that the EC is a disaster to Democracy. Then he goes on National television and says he would rather have just the popular vote. Then the next day he gets on Twitter saying that the EC is actually genius. For fucks sake! What's next? Should I press the button? The button's red like my tie.... but Melania we had swordfish for dinner so does that mean I should press the button? Nah the button was made in Mexico I'm not touching that button.
Barry is/was a shit stain... live with it bed wetter

The level of liberal butthurt is record setting...

Trump has dinated his salary for his 1st 3 quarters.

How many quarters if his salary over 8 years did Barry donate?
One big zero, Barry is a shit stain

I'd give him credit if he also didn't charge for the rooms taken up in Trump Tower, Bedminster, or Mar-a-Lago when he stayed there.

I'd give him credit if he also didn't charge for the rooms taken up in Trump Tower, Bedminster, or Mar-a-Lago when he stayed there.

Are you bored as fuck or what? Going back through posts from months ago to make troll posts. And you are making fun of me? Sounds like you are the loser.

Are you bored as fuck or what? Going back through posts from months ago to make troll posts. And you are making fun of me? Sounds like you are the loser.
You’re the wetting the bed over nothing...

You’re the wetting the bed over nothing...

Everyone on this forum is wetting the bed over nothing... because none of us make a difference.

Forum List

Back