Trump's immorality and his support by Christians

I gave you seven reasons why to vote Republican and not democrat. ...

Slowly you should really try to understand that I am a German. Republicans vs Democrats is not my theme. I fight against an enemy of the [values of the] western world. I fight against an enemy of Germany and an enemy of the USA: Donald Trump.

Slowly you should really try to understand that I am a German. Republicans vs Democrats is not my theme. I fight against an enemy of the [values of the] western world. I fight against an enemy of Germany and an enemy of the USA: Donald Trump.
You speak in generalities instead of specifics. I can give you a reason, that Trump helped NATO, which is good for Germany.

So Trump got NATO $100b in increased defense spending. That is crucial to helping Ukraine oppose Russia's invasion.

I have no clue why you think Trump is an enemy of Germany and the USA. Biden is held in contempt by France & Britain.

-----
And as he was setting out on his journey, a man ran up and knelt before him and asked him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone. You know the commandments: ‘Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother.’” And he said to him, “Teacher, all these I have kept from my youth.” And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” Disheartened by the saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions. And Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How difficult it will be for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God!” And the disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said to them again, “Children, how difficult it is to enter the kingdom of God! It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.” And they were exceedingly astonished, and said to him, “Then who can be saved?” Jesus looked at them and said, “With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.”
-----

-----

It‘s not how much money you have but how you use it.

One of Jesus’ most significant parables regarding work is set in the context of investments (Matt. 25:14-30). A rich man delegates the management of his wealth to his servants, much as investors in today’s markets do. He gives five talents (a large unit of money)[1] to the first servant, two talents to the second, and one talent to the third. Two of the servants earn 100 percent returns by trading with the funds, but the third servant hides the money in the ground and earns nothing. The rich man returns, rewards the two who made money, but severely punishes the servant who did nothing.

***snip***

Yet the particular talent invested in the parable is money, on the order of a million U.S. dollars in today’s world. In modern English, this fact is obscured because the word talent has come to refer mainly to skills or abilities. But this parable concerns money. It depicts investing, not hoarding, as a godly thing to do if it accomplishes godly purposes in a godly manner. In the end, the master praises the two trustworthy servants with the words, “Well done, good and trustworthy slave” (Matthew 25:23). In these words, we see that the master cares about the results (“well done”), the methods ("good”), and the motivation (“trustworthy”).

More pointedly for the workplace, it commends putting capital at risk in pursuit of earning a return. Sometimes Christians speak as if growth, productivity, and return on investment were unholy to God. But this parable overturns that notion. We should invest our skills and abilities, but also our wealth and the resources made available to us at work, all for the affairs of God’s kingdom. This includes the production of needed goods and services. The volunteer who teaches Sunday school is fulfilling this parable. So are the entrepreneur who starts a new business and gives jobs to others, the health service administrator who initiates an AIDS-awareness campaign, and the machine operator who develops a process innovation.

God does not endow people with identical or necessarily equal gifts. And God does not expect identical or necessarily equal results from everyone's work. In the parable, one servant makes a return of five talents, while another makes two talents. The master praises both equally (Matthew 25:23). It's important to observe that both servants invest for the benefit of their master, and they return to him not only his original investment, but also what they make on his behalf. When we say that everything we have is a "gift" form God, we don't mean that what we have belongs to us now, instead of to God. We mean that it is a privilege to be entrusted with talents, resources, and opportunities to work toward God's purposes in the world. The implication of the parable is that we if we do so, we take our place among all the faithful, trustworthy servants of God, no matter how big or small our accomplishments may seem.

Actually no.
Christians are voting for the Pro-Life party, not the party of:
Calling Catholics "domestic terrorists"
Calling parents "domestic terrorists"
Attacking religions as "intolerant"
Pushing transgender agenda in elementary schools
Pushing LGBTQ agenda in schools
Pushing hatred of the Founding Fathers and patriotism
Pushing fake history and racism.

So are you a terrorist, Mr. Catholic? Do you choose depravity over morality, really?

"Last of the Mohicans" is one of my favorite movies.

2gri94.jpg

If another politician comes along who lives up to the standards of morality and ethics that Dems want to hold Trump to, I'll certainly consider dumping Trump for him or her.

Until then, I'll take the immoral and unethical guy whose policies are ethical and moral, and benefit the U.S.A., over the immoral and unethical guys whose polices only benefit other countries, foreigners who sneak in, and narrow demographic groups I am unlikely ever to be counted as.

Last edited:
If another politician comes along who lives up to the standards of morality and ethics that Dems want to hold Trump to, I'll certainly consider dumping Trumping Trump for him or her.

Until then, I'll take the immoral and unethical guy whose policies are ethical and moral, and benefit the U.S.A., over the immoral and unethical guys whose polices only benefit other countries, foreigners who sneak in, and narrow demographic groups I am unlikely ever to be counted as.
ALL human beings are flawed. Even if YOU don't see a flaw, his enemies always will. Good luck to those looking for perfection. You ain't gonna find it. Even Jesus was HATED and He came as a meek LAMB

If another politician comes along who lives up to the standards of morality and ethics that Dems want to hold Trump to, I'll certainly consider dumping Trump for him or her.

Why is it Democrats have to present them? Are you saying every single Republican is immoral like Trump?

It amazes me how many people fell for used car salesmen pitch of “The president should be a an inspiration in all life aspects!” While ignoring policy. Trump lost a lot of voters because they were convinced to ignore policy, or they weren’t exposed to policy because the media didn’t report it

In broad terms, what kinds of policies are these?

Why is it Democrats have to present them? Are you saying every single Republican is immoral like Trump?
Every politician, like every human being, is immoral and unethical in some way.

The double standard of the Democrats and the media has been going on for decades, since the media ignored the criminality of Joseph Kennedy and the immorality of his sons.

Perfect example: I only recently learned that Senator Sheldon Whitehouse and his wife are members in long standing of a Rhode Island club run by wealthy people and dedicated to holding enough private land near beaches to keep non-members from accessing areas that are supposed to be public. Par for the course for Dem elites, but this one in particular does not admit blacks, no matter how wealthy. Like Barrack Obama literally could not join.

I only learned this from a Republican witness who told him that "The Heritage Foundation is a club, that anyone can join. Not just white people. If Trump had joined such a club in the seventies, and then quit immediately upon learning they had no blacks, he would be painted as a KKK member.

In broad terms, what kinds of policies are these?
If you don't mind, I'll not derail the thread, which is specifically about Trump's immorality and the support he has from Christians in spite of it. If you want to start a thread called, "which of Trump's policies do you support and why?" I'll be happy to reply to it. Sufficient for this thread that I believe that his policies benefit the U.S.A. and me, so I'll vote for him over immoral people who policies do not benefit me.

I will name one specifically that is likely the number one reason for Trump's support by Christians: Abortion.

Trump made it possible for the massacre of over a million babies per year to be at least slowed down. He did it by doing what no Republican president before him has done. He vetted his USSC nominees to see that they were constitutionalists who really would make rulings based on the constitution, which of course does not enumerate a "right to abortion."

He also doesn't drink, a plus with Baptists and other religions who proscribe drinking for non-biblical reasons.

Every politician, like every human being, is immoral and unethical in some way.

Some far more than others.

The double standard of the Democrats and the media has been going on for decades, since the media ignored the criminality of Joseph Kennedy and the immorality of his sons.

Just the same as you are willing to do.

Perfect example: I only recently learned that Senator Sheldon Whitehouse and his wife are members in long standing of a Rhode Island club run by wealthy people and dedicated to holding enough private land near beaches to keep non-members from accessing areas that are supposed to be public. Par for the course for Dem elites, but this one in particular does not admit blacks, no matter how wealthy. Like Barrack Obama literally could not join.

Personally I wouldn't want to belong to a club with Obama. He's barely better than Trump.

I only learned this from a Republican witness who told him that "The Heritage Foundation is a club, that anyone can join. Not just white people. If Trump had joined such a club in the seventies, and then quit immediately upon learning they had no blacks, he would be painted as a KKK member.

Now his associates label him that.

This
Of course.

Some far more than others.
The ones who are far more immoral and unethical always seem to be the ones in the greatest positions of power. Either somehow being more unethical and immoral gives one an advantage in seeking power, or people's worst immorality and unethicalness are not exposed until they come into power.

For example, I never knew that Biden had showered with his daughter, and blackmailed the Ukrainians into firing a prosecutor investigating his own son's company until he was running for president.
Just the same as you are willing to do.
Right. If I say I will only vote for the most moral and ethical of people, it would amount to surrendering my vote and letting others pick their own immoral and unethical people.
Personally I wouldn't want to belong to a club with Obama. He's barely better than Trump.
Dodges the point.
Now his associates label him that.
If his fellow Democrats have denounced him and he will be primaried out of his job, I applaud that.

I'll not hold my breath for it, though.

I can see how a non-Christian already pre-disposted to hate any Republican in the WH would be upset that Christians support trump in spite of his multiple marriage, and reputed affairs. I'll see if I can explain it:

Christians of the type that support Trump hate the sin but love the sinner. They believe in forgiveness and renewal. If Trump claims that he has become a Christian and left his formerly sinful life behind, Christians must accept it, because they want their own sins to be forgiven also. If Trump is lying about being a Christian, then he will be judged by the only judge, not by Christians.

Trump moved the Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, some thing promised by never done by several presidents before him. To a Christian, that means more than any past affairs.

You don't have to agree or even understand this Christian attitude. People vote how they vote.
Your speculative lies are not appreciated by everyone outside your narratives club.

I can see how a non-Christian already pre-disposted to hate any Republican in the WH would be upset that Christians support trump in spite of his multiple marriage, and reputed affairs. I'll see if I can explain it:

Christians of the type that support Trump hate the sin but love the sinner. They believe in forgiveness and renewal. If Trump claims that he has become a Christian and left his formerly sinful life behind, Christians must accept it, because they want their own sins to be forgiven also. If Trump is lying about being a Christian, then he will be judged by the only judge, not by Christians.

Trump moved the Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, some thing promised by never done by several presidents before him. To a Christian, that means more than any past affairs.

You don't have to agree or even understand this Christian attitude. People vote how they vote.
Deluding yourselves over your reasons for supporting Trump is the most "Christian" thing ever.

But he's never going to turn the US into a theocracy no matter how often you pray for it.

If you don't mind, I'll not derail the thread, which is specifically about Trump's immorality and the support he has from Christians in spite of it. If you want to start a thread called, "which of Trump's policies do you support and why?" I'll be happy to reply to it. Sufficient for this thread that I believe that his policies benefit the U.S.A. and me, so I'll vote for him over immoral people who policies do not benefit me.

I will name one specifically that is likely the number one reason for Trump's support by Christians: Abortion.

Trump made it possible for the massacre of over a million babies per year to be at least slowed down. He did it by doing what no Republican president before him has done. He vetted his USSC nominees to see that they were constitutionalists who really would make rulings based on the constitution, which of course does not enumerate a "right to abortion."

He also doesn't drink, a plus with Baptists and other religions who proscribe drinking for non-biblical reasons.
You're a fraud.

Forum List

Back