Trump's lawyers: He didn't take an oath to defend the Constitution

I ran out of adjectives to describe this disaster a long time ago. I know Trump's followers -- and I do mean followers -- will defend this.

From the Colorado case:

In a filing made to the Colorado Supreme Court, lawyers for former President Donald Trump say that he never took an oath “to support the Constitution of the United States’’ and should therefore not be banned from the state’s presidential ballots in 2024 based on Section 3 of the 14th Amendment.

I would ask the Trumpsters what they think of this, but I know they're fine with the idea.

I still can't believe this is happening here. In America. No way.
"This" could be taken to mean a number of things. Too many to mention them all. Here's one..

The judge who spearheaded the judiciary’s response to the storming of the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, blamed that event on “big lies” and warned that the country is in danger of turning toward authoritarianism.

As the federal court in Washington that Judge Beryl Howell once oversaw prepares for a historic trial of former President Donald Trump on charges of attempting to fraudulently overturn the results of the 2020 election, the jurist used a rare public speech Tuesday to lament that many of those convicted for their actions on Jan. 6 fell under the sway of falsehoods.

“My D.C. judicial colleagues and I regularly see the impact of big lies at the sentencing of hundreds, hundreds of individuals who have been convicted for offense conduct on Jan. 6, 2021, when they disrupted the certification of the 2020 presidential election at the U.S. Capitol,” said Howell, an appointee of President Barack Obama.

Howell, who served as chief judge of the District Court from 2016 until March and remains on the bench there, also suggested that the dangers evident on the day of the Capitol riot have not passed — in part because some Americans have become unmoored from facts.

There is no oath to support the constitution.
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

the oath is to "uphold and defend the constitution...." do you need a thesaurus? is english not your native language?
Support indicates it applies to government employees, not the president. It is for the people to decide our president, not courts. There are two Constitutional remedies available already. This silly nonsense of anyone being ineligible is just one more form of liberal whining.

Support indicates it applies to government employees, not the president. It is for the people to decide our president, not courts. There are two Constitutional remedies available already. This silly nonsense of anyone being ineligible is just one more form of liberal whining.
di you really think robt e lee would be allowed to run for president?

and your premise is false. the president gets a pay check and a w-2. he is a government employee.

I ran out of adjectives to describe this disaster a long time ago. I know Trump's followers -- and I do mean followers -- will defend this.

From the Colorado case:

In a filing made to the Colorado Supreme Court, lawyers for former President Donald Trump say that he never took an oath “to support the Constitution of the United States’’ and should therefore not be banned from the state’s presidential ballots in 2024 based on Section 3 of the 14th Amendment.

I would ask the Trumpsters what they think of this, but I know they're fine with the idea.

Yahoo news respewing Truth Out garbage

From the Colorado case:

Nice scoop, Jimmy.

From the Colorado case:

We are smart enough to know saying something means next to nothing. Wise up hack.

Forum List

Back