Trump's morality, from a Christian perspective

Do you honestly believe the blob thinks he did anything wrong when he paid off (at least) 2 women to keep quiet about his affairs with them?

Interesting. Why are you so suddenly interested in judging Trump by Christian standards? I thought you hated Christians.

Never uttered those words.

Now back to the topic of your thread...the blob’s Christianity...

Do you honestly believe the blob thinks he did anything wrong when he paid off (at least) 2 women to keep quiet about his affairs with them?

Do you honestly think I care?

His morality is his own business. What he does for me and my country is.

Moses had blood on his hands. Yet he came back and led all of Israel out of their oppression in Egypt. Was Moses perfect? Nope. But he is who God chose to lead the Israelites.

Is Trump perfect? No. Not by any stretch of the imagination. But he is who I chose to lead my country.

Do I think God put him there? Only God knows. But if God has put him there, it is for his will, and his will alone, that he is in the White House right now.

And... uh.... "blob"?

You do realize you aren't in the 3rd grade anymore, right?
FYI...

Immorality is not just adulterous affairs, it is chronic lying, deceiving, cheating, stealing from others, leading good Christians astray.... etc etc etc
And like I have asked numerous others on this thread, are you applying those moral standards to people in your own party? Or is this simply a test for Trump?

What standards are you applying? Simply not caring about family values all of the sudden because your blob doesn’t care means you have no scruples.

So do you all think that Ukrainian soldier agree that Trump acts morally.

How about the Kurds?

How about all the immigrant children that have been separated from their parents?

How much immorality will Trump do and still have Trumpbots declare that he's acting morally?

Perhaps your idea of morality is backwards!

Ah, but as long as he is repentant, it's okay. Of course, Trump has never actually been repentant. He does not apologize even after having his charity foundation closed down because it was a scam.
This fact is what makes the OP garbage. Sure, forgive those who ask forgiveness and seek to change their behavior. The blob hasn’t done that

See... you wouldn't forgive him even if he asked for it. So what point is there in asking forgiveness from people who won't forgive you?

Hm?

Wow...and you call yourself a Christian? ROTFLMAO.

Let me explain the topic to you.

If one believes in God and repents, you’re asking Him for forgiveness, not your fellow man.

He did what then? Funny how dems get rid of him for so little and repubs elect a guy with much worse.

Actually, Franken was accused of sexual harrassment. But let's not quibble over your lack of concern over that fact.
Yes he took some pictures long ago and dems dumped him. He should become a repub.

You have nothing left but childish retorts.
You already lost. Trump has done way worse than franken. Franken got booted and trump got elected. Repubs have no morals.

But he hasn't done worse than Franken. Franken literally sexually assaulted a women. He put his hand behind her head, and forced his tongue into her mouth.

Trump has not done that. Not even close.

Now THAT is an awesome post.

Um Trump is irredeemable because he chooses not to be.

What does that even mean, Billy?
It’s pretty straight forward. If he feels no guilt and has no desire to change his behavior, he definitely can’t be redeemed. I mean shit TK you’re a Christian right? Someone who murders someone else can still get into heaven if they condemn their prior behavior and accept Christ as their savior, right? This isn’t to say Trump murdered someone - I’m just giving an example of how sinning is actually forgiven. Trump feels no remorse for any of his sins suffice to say.
He did what then? Funny how dems get rid of him for so little and repubs elect a guy with much worse.

Actually, Franken was accused of sexual harrassment. But let's not quibble over your lack of concern over that fact.
Yes he took some pictures long ago and dems dumped him. He should become a repub.

You have nothing left but childish retorts.
You already lost. Trump has done way worse than franken. Franken got booted and trump got elected. Repubs have no morals.

But he hasn't done worse than Franken. Franken literally sexually assaulted a women. He put his hand behind her head, and forced his tongue into her mouth.

Trump has not done that. Not even close.
franken took some pictures. Trump admitted to grabbing women by the pussy. Sounds like sexual assault to me.

Trombies miss the point in Trump's adultery.

The problem isn't that he succumbed to desire. That's a very common occurrence among men ( and women ) the world over and for as long as history has been recorded.

The problem is that this fucker looks you in the eye and tells you that he has never been unfaithful and that all of those who have accused him of being a sexual harrasser are lying to you.

You believe him. Or, you are OK with a sinner who does not repent.

Which is it?

And he still lies about it to this day.

I bet the OP wishes he would have never brought it up.

It’s pretty straight forward. If he feels no guilt and has no desire to change his behavior, he definitely can’t be redeemed.

Has he exhibited any of this behavior as President? Want to provide examples?

Or is he simply irredeemable because you hate him and disagree with him politically?

Trombies miss the point in Trump's adultery.

The problem isn't that he succumbed to desire. That's a very common occurrence among men ( and women ) the world over and for as long as history has been recorded.

The problem is that this fucker looks you in the eye and tells you that he has never been unfaithful and that all of those who have accused him of being a sexual harrasser are lying to you.

You believe him. Or, you are OK with a sinner who does not repent.

Which is it?

And he still lies about it to this day.

I bet the OP wishes he would have never brought it up.

I'll bring up whatever I damn well please.

At least I am willing to say Trump is immoral. You can't even bring yourself to say anything remotely close about members of your own party.

So do you all think that Ukrainian soldier agree that Trump acts morally.

How about the Kurds?

How about all the immigrant children that have been separated from their parents?

How much immorality will Trump do and still have Trumpbots declare that he's acting morally?

Perhaps your idea of morality is backwards!

Ah, but as long as he is repentant, it's okay. Of course, Trump has never actually been repentant. He does not apologize even after having his charity foundation closed down because it was a scam.
This fact is what makes the OP garbage. Sure, forgive those who ask forgiveness and seek to change their behavior. The blob hasn’t done that

See... you wouldn't forgive him even if he asked for it. So what point is there in asking forgiveness from people who won't forgive you?

Hm?

Wow...and you call yourself a Christian? ROTFLMAO.

Let me explain the topic to you.

If one believes in God and repents, you’re asking Him for forgiveness, not your fellow man.

So, does he have to publicly ask God for forgiveness to suit your standards, CC?

You have no idea how the Christian religion works.

Let me set some perspective here.

Any other Christians on this board who profess to know the Bible should know the story of Rahab the prostitute. Aka a whore. Almost irredeemably immoral by our standards.

I will agree that President Trump has his numerous moral flaws, too. What? I'm not blind, you know. Wipe that shocked look off your face.

Now, what was the one thing they both had in common? God used them for the greater good. He saw redemption in both of them. For any Christian to say that someone is hopelessly immoral obviously doesn't understand how God works.

God will redeem you and use you to make the lives of others around you better, regardless of your character or morality (or lack thereof).

So, regarding that hullabaloo over what an Op-Ed said in Christianity Today that Trump's immorality is why he should be impeached: I honestly don't care what an opinion editor in some Christian newspaper thinks about Trump or his morals. We shouldn't be looking to men for moral guidance, we should be looking to God. He has given us many examples in the Bible of deplorable people being redeemed. Tax collectors, genocidal maniacs, and prostitutes.

Never tell me someone is irredeemable. Especially if you disagree with them politically or morally. If you are a Christian, look to God to help you see the good in others. If you're not, look within yourself, find out if you like what you see.

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.
Merry Christmas to you too

It’s pretty straight forward. If he feels no guilt and has no desire to change his behavior, he definitely can’t be redeemed.

Or is he simply irredeemable because you hate him and disagree with him politically?

Has he committed adultery as president? Not to my knowledge. But he's absolutely lied to you and me as president and he absolutely abused his power as president.

I disagreed with Bush as president. But I'd never see him as a person who is as amoral as Trump.

What so because he doesn’t grab pussy publicly that means he’s innocent of it? Duh. He admitted to doing it. Is that your standard? I have to see with my own eyes that Trump does immoral behavior?

He is dividing the country. He constantly attack’s people in tweets. His America first policy is entirely selfish. The guy can’t stop sinning long enough to be redeemed.

Of course.

So how do you know that he hasn't personally asked God for forgiveness?

Why are you demanding he change his morals as if you are God himself?

Quit acting like you have the power to forgive or not.

What so because he doesn’t grab pussy publicly that means he’s innocent of it? Duh. He admitted to doing it. Is that your standard? I have to see with my own eyes that Trump does immoral behavior?

Yeah, you're twisting my words, firstly.

The standard is innocence before guilt. Not guilt before innocence.

Oh by the way. Even Hillary stuck by Bill despite his lecherous behavior.

Is she immoral too? Or is she a righteous woman for forgiving him for cheating on her?

She bypassed his immorality to continue being his wife.

Why are we not angry at her?

Yeah, you're twisting my words, firstly.

The standard is innocence before guilt. Not guilt before innocence.

Oh by the way. Even Hillary stuck by Bill despite his lecherous behavior.

Is she immoral too? Or is she a righteous woman for forgiving him for cheating on her?

Bill got a blowie from an intern. He lied about it when asked. He was impeached in a bipartisan manner by the house. And acquitted by the Senate.

He has since admitted his sin.

Do you need him to do more?

Forum List

Back