🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trumps newest appointment seems to break nepotism law

If it's out in the open is this really nepotism? That always made me think of the guy in the office having his wife as the secretary, his son as driver, and his cousin as the town gardener, and all of it being done around applicable civil service laws.

If he got his son in law a job at say EPA as a civil servant, over people more qualified and on the list, I think there would be an actual case for nepotism.

Jared is a Jew which is TNHarley's biggest hang up.. read his posts here.. He carries an Iron cross these days.. Disgusting.. He's totally changed.. sounds more like a Leftist to me.
Ones religion is non important. Pretty ridiculous how you would just make that shit up.

I've read your nasty posts here.. I've followed along.. Get the fuck off of my radar..I LOATHE traitors.. you've turned in to a card carrying leftist SCHMUCK.. The Donald can line his cabinet how he see's fit.. Get over it, or not.. I don't give a shit;
:lol:
Its my thread..
Im a leftist because I don't want to carry israels weight anymore? LMAO what a pathetically partisan thing to say. One doesn't hate jews simply because he wants to focus on America first. Grow the fuck up.
And its pretty pathetic how you want to be a complete dick just because my politics have evolved. That's a leftist thing to do. Irony.
off topic, but what moved you? I mean did Harry Reid and Pelosi change your mind? I mean they are the poster childs of what's wrong with the left and you want to move there. Wow!!!!!!

you seemed to have some integrity.
Wtf are you talking about?

Some presidents use their wives as advisors. clinton used hillary to push hillary care. obama used his disgusting and stupid wife to push that silly nutrition program for school lunches.

Jared is a Jew which is TNHarley's biggest hang up.. read his posts here.. He carries an Iron cross these days.. Disgusting.. He's totally changed.. sounds more like a Leftist to me.
Ones religion is non important. Pretty ridiculous how you would just make that shit up.

I've read your nasty posts here.. I've followed along.. Get the fuck off of my radar..I LOATHE traitors.. you've turned in to a card carrying leftist SCHMUCK.. The Donald can line his cabinet how he see's fit.. Get over it, or not.. I don't give a shit;
:lol:
Its my thread..
Im a leftist because I don't want to carry israels weight anymore? LMAO what a pathetically partisan thing to say. One doesn't hate jews simply because he wants to focus on America first. Grow the fuck up.
And its pretty pathetic how you want to be a complete dick just because my politics have evolved. That's a leftist thing to do. Irony.
off topic, but what moved you? I mean did Harry Reid and Pelosi change your mind? I mean they are the poster childs of what's wrong with the left and you want to move there. Wow!!!!!!

you seemed to have some integrity.
Wtf are you talking about?
misread your previous post. I see now.

Jared Kushner to be named Trump senior adviser: media
U.S. President-elect Donald Trump will appoint his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, to the position of senior adviser to the president, media outlets reported on Monday, a potentially thorny choice in the face of anti-nepotism law.
The appointment of Kushner, first reported by NBC, had been anticipated but it had been unclear what his official role would be. The New York Times and ABC also reported the upcoming appointment. The Times reported that his title could be adjusted.
Like Trump, Kushner is a New York-based real estate developer with a wide net of business dealings that could pose potential conflicts of interest.
Kushner, who married Trump's eldest daughter, Ivanka, in 2009, helped guide Republican Trump to victory over Democrat Hillary Clinton in the Nov. 8 presidential election.
I don't see how this wouldn't go against the nepotism law.
I think potuses are generally allowed their choice, but he could only be in WH and not heading an agency or in a cabinet position

Snowflakes Slushing SIL Silliness

The spirit of this law is to prevent incompetent people from being appointed, which is the bad side of nepotism. That doesn't apply in this case. Second, a President should be allowed to decide for himself who is best to carry out his strategy.. Kushner already proved he could do that during the campaign. Trump always follows what works, not what looks good.

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump will appoint his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, to the position of senior adviser to the president, media outlets reported on Monday, a potentially thorny choice in the face of anti-nepotism law.
The appointment of Kushner, first reported by NBC, had been anticipated but it had been unclear what his official role would be. The New York Times and ABC also reported the upcoming appointment. The Times reported that his title could be adjusted.
Like Trump, Kushner is a New York-based real estate developer with a wide net of business dealings that could pose potential conflicts of interest.
Kushner, who married Trump's eldest daughter, Ivanka, in 2009, helped guide Republican Trump to victory over Democrat Hillary Clinton in the Nov. 8 presidential election.

Are you brain damaged? Or only 2 years old? Ever heard of Hillary's work on the health care law in Bill Clinton's first term?

Are you brain damaged? Or only 2 years old? Ever heard of Hillary's work on the health care law in Bill Clinton's first term?
"2 wrongs make a right" isn't my philosophy.
And I have established it doesn't break this law.
But thanks anyways!

Well I dare say that family [of all stripes] is automatically presumed to be sharing their political opinions with the President. The question at hand is if the position is official, and potentially an argument of if we're going to shift away from the long standing tradition of applying rules based on intention (power grab and money acquisition) to a more rigid "interpretation" of it's not about 'intent' of the law's protection, but the words themselves. Which is a rather fascinating study of psychology for me so I relish its discussion!

Forum List

Back