🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trumps newest appointment seems to break nepotism law

If it's out in the open is this really nepotism? That always made me think of the guy in the office having his wife as the secretary, his son as driver, and his cousin as the town gardener, and all of it being done around applicable civil service laws.

If he got his son in law a job at say EPA as a civil servant, over people more qualified and on the list, I think there would be an actual case for nepotism.

Jared is a Jew which is TNHarley's biggest hang up.. read his posts here.. He carries an Iron cross these days.. Disgusting.. He's totally changed.. sounds more like a Leftist to me.

If it's out in the open is this really nepotism? That always made me think of the guy in the office having his wife as the secretary, his son as driver, and his cousin as the town gardener, and all of it being done around applicable civil service laws.

If he got his son in law a job at say EPA as a civil servant, over people more qualified and on the list, I think there would be an actual case for nepotism.

Jared is a Jew which is TNHarley's biggest hang up.. read his posts here.. He carries an Iron cross these days.. Disgusting.. He's totally changed.. sounds more like a Leftist to me.
Ones religion is non important. Pretty ridiculous how you would just make that shit up.

Ones religion is non important. Pretty ridiculous how you would just make that shit up.

I've read your nasty posts here.. I've followed along.. Get the fuck off of my radar..I LOATHE traitors.. you've turned in to a card carrying leftist SCHMUCK.. The Donald can line his cabinet how he see's fit.. Get over it, or not.. I don't give a shit;

Does being open about it matter?
I don't think it breaks the law. Just seems a little ethically challenged. Of course, that is only considering the clearance and what-not. Just wanting his opinion isn't a big deal.

I don't think it breaks the law. Just seems a little ethically challenged. Of course, that is only considering the clearance and what-not. Just wanting his opinion isn't a big deal.

I don't see why it would be, considering back in the 60's JFK brought his Brother in. Hell, some presidents use their wives for policy work, as Bill did with Hillary.

Nepotism to me involves giving someone a position over someone else due to them being related to you, and doing so when it involves a competitive civil service title job.

I've read your nasty posts here.. I've followed along.. Get the fuck off of my radar..I LOATHE traitors.. you've turned in to a card carrying leftist SCHMUCK.. The Donald can line his cabinet how he see's fit.. Get over it, or not.. I don't give a shit;
:lol:
Its my thread..
Im a leftist because I don't want to carry israels weight anymore? LMAO what a pathetically partisan thing to say. One doesn't hate jews simply because he wants to focus on America first. Grow the fuck up.
And its pretty pathetic how you want to be a complete dick just because my politics have evolved. That's a leftist thing to do. Irony.

I don't see why it would be, considering back in the 60's JFK brought his Brother in. Hell, some presidents use their wives for policy work, as Bill did with Hillary.

Nepotism to me involves giving someone a position over someone else due to them being related to you, and doing so when it involves a competitive civil service title job.
Kennedy is why we have this law. And yes, Bill did that. I posted a link in this thread about it.

Do advisor positions land in the realm of "power positions"? As far as I've seen they just yap about whatever their focus is (like the department of the interior has a "senior advisor on Alaska" that I believe Ted rammed through sometime before I was born - and the only time you'll hear shit from the position is to relay Alaskan's thoughts on whatever [*cough*EPA*cough*] crap the Feds are trying to foist off on us.)

And I somewhat remember Hillary wanting bill in an "advisory position" :dunno:
She could do that over morning coffee. He wouldn't have had an official position.
This is an advisory position..
The only reason he needs a title is that he needs it to be vetted for Top Security Clearance. I don't really see any harm in it. Trump relies on him and wants his advice on stuff. It's not to make Kushner rich or powerful. Far from it; sounds like Kushner is taking no salary and is getting rid of some of his businesses.

Its my thread..
Im a leftist because I don't want to carry israels weight anymore? LMAO what a pathetically partisan thing to say. One doesn't hate jews simply because he wants to focus on America first. Grow the fuck up.
And its pretty pathetic how you want to be a complete dick just because my politics have evolved. That's a leftist thing to do. Irony.

Evolved?? Is that what you call turning in to a card carrying PIG lefty?? Whatever Harley... I honestly don't give the first damn what or who you are.. Once you cross over in to traitor territory you're no longer my concern.. Done replying to you..

Jared Kushner to be named Trump senior adviser: media
U.S. President-elect Donald Trump will appoint his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, to the position of senior adviser to the president, media outlets reported on Monday, a potentially thorny choice in the face of anti-nepotism law.
The appointment of Kushner, first reported by NBC, had been anticipated but it had been unclear what his official role would be. The New York Times and ABC also reported the upcoming appointment. The Times reported that his title could be adjusted.
Like Trump, Kushner is a New York-based real estate developer with a wide net of business dealings that could pose potential conflicts of interest.
Kushner, who married Trump's eldest daughter, Ivanka, in 2009, helped guide Republican Trump to victory over Democrat Hillary Clinton in the Nov. 8 presidential election.
I don't see how this wouldn't go against the nepotism law.
can you say Kennedy's

Its my thread..

Evolved?? Is that what you call turning in to a card carrying PIG lefty?? Whatever Harley... I honestly don't give the first damn what or who you are.. Once you cross over in to traitor territory you're no longer my concern.. Done replying to you..
:rofl: :thup:

Jared Kushner to be named Trump senior adviser: media
U.S. President-elect Donald Trump will appoint his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, to the position of senior adviser to the president, media outlets reported on Monday, a potentially thorny choice in the face of anti-nepotism law.
The appointment of Kushner, first reported by NBC, had been anticipated but it had been unclear what his official role would be. The New York Times and ABC also reported the upcoming appointment. The Times reported that his title could be adjusted.
Like Trump, Kushner is a New York-based real estate developer with a wide net of business dealings that could pose potential conflicts of interest.
Kushner, who married Trump's eldest daughter, Ivanka, in 2009, helped guide Republican Trump to victory over Democrat Hillary Clinton in the Nov. 8 presidential election.
I don't see how this wouldn't go against the nepotism law.
can you say Kennedy's

JFK allowed his kids into the Oval office when he was President.

Indeed. JFK is why we have this law, though.
Of course, Bill Clinton did this and it wasn't a big deal.
IDK I just wanted to get to the bottom of it.

Well I guess then we have to get into the gist of why the rule exists.

Is it about power, or money, or does it cover both? Personally I don't think it's a particularly power position, but I don't really have a dog in this fight.

Doesn't nepotisim apply to blood relatives?

Definition of nepotism
  1. : favoritism (as in appointment to a job) based on kinship
    Definition of NEPOTISM
Not the law in question
5 U.S. Code § 3110 - Employment of relatives; restrictions
(3)
“relative” means, with respect to a public official, an individual who is related to the public official as father, mother, son, daughter, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, first cousin, nephew, niece, husband, wife, father-in-law, mother-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother, stepsister, half brother, or half sister.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
Well I guess then we have to get into the gist of why the rule exists.

Is it about power, or money, or does it cover both? Personally I don't think it's a particularly power position, but I don't really have a dog in this fight.
I don't think it matters. It doesn't break the law.

This one gets an epic shrug from me I could care less either way. I'm not entirely sure it's even covered by the laws, I don't see it as a powerful position, his association with Trump has pretty much already damned him (aka public relations napalm) for gaining power from it, and it's really hard to argue monetary motivations if both he and Trump are not taking pay.

Whatever, if Trump has someone else in mind he can trust I'd say just go with them and tell the whiners to bug off, but that's just me, Trump tends to dig in his heels about stuff so I'd guess he would here to.

Also, I think we might have too many vague rules and regulations when a herd of political geeks like us can't even figure out what the fuck a law means or says or if it applies here LOL

Its my thread..
off topic, but what moved you? I mean did Harry Reid and Pelosi change your mind? I mean they are the poster child of what's wrong with the left and you want to move there. Wow!!!!!!

you seemed to have some integrity.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back