Trump's Own Budget Office Admits Obama-era regulations brought in billions in benefits

I'm curious as to how they reached this 833 billion number. What do they mean by "benefits"?

here is the report...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/draft_2017_cost_benefit_report.pdf

From the report:

The largest benefits are associated with regulations that reduce risks to life

So benefits are mostly based on the perception of risk reduction, not actually any hard information.

I'm reading the report, and it seems you're right. It operates under a lot of weird assumption such as the regulations doing exactly what they're supposed to do and tries to put a dollar value on human health. One thing caught my eye, it says that energy efficiency regulations tend to adversely effect people with low income more than others, and that's one of the regulations that brought the most "benefit".

Not sure how the energy efficiency thing works to adversely affect them unless they are forced to buy newer more efficient devices.

Maybe it assumes they cannot buy the newer devices because of the chance for increased cost, and thus they keep their old clunky appliance and thus lose the "benefit"?

I'm curious as to how they reached this 833 billion number. What do they mean by "benefits"?

here is the report...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/draft_2017_cost_benefit_report.pdf

From the report:

So benefits are mostly based on the perception of risk reduction, not actually any hard information.

I'm reading the report, and it seems you're right. It operates under a lot of weird assumption such as the regulations doing exactly what they're supposed to do and tries to put a dollar value on human health. One thing caught my eye, it says that energy efficiency regulations tend to adversely effect people with low income more than others, and that's one of the regulations that brought the most "benefit".

Not sure how the energy efficiency thing works to adversely affect them unless they are forced to buy newer more efficient devices.

Maybe it assumes they cannot buy the newer devices because of the chance for increased cost, and thus they keep their old clunky appliance and thus lose the "benefit"?

The energy costs more, so poor people can't afford it.

Don't think breathable air or clean water should be a one side or the other deal, all people regardless of political party should support keeping/ improving air & water quality.

Call the budget office. Be a concerned citizen.
Like that would ever happen.

Did you call the budget office?
You're the one that wants to know, not me. I know it's a valid source. Don't be so fucking lazy and do your own leg work. I'm too busy signing petitions and working with the Sierra Club trying to stop this POS president from drilling off my state's coastline.

Figures you are trusting twat who once he reads something he likes doesn't do any followup.

Wanker.

Anyone with even a modicum of common sense can see that if air quality improves, those respiratory problems will require fewer treatments. Or that oil spills like the BP spill cost billions in lost income and destroyed the Gulf Coast fishing industry.

Trump is encouraging off-shore drilling and lifting regulations on it. What could possibly go wrong?

Anyone with even a modicum of common sense can see that if air quality improves, those respiratory problems will require fewer treatments.

Great. How much has asthma increased or decreased over the last 50 years?

Why don’t you google that?

Don't think breathable air or clean water should be a one side or the other deal, all people regardless of political party should support keeping/ improving air & water quality.
except if it's in china?

Again, you improve air quality 20 fold for $100 million, is it really worth it to improve it 21 fold and pay an extra say, 2 billion?

except if it's in china?

China is cutting the number of coal fired plants they’re building and improving their quality of air.

And the Chinese EPA is an independent agency that is not beholden to the Communist Party autocrats.....

Oh wait....

But the Chinese press will surely keep them honest, as they are independent and the Chinese government would never interfere...

Oh wait..

Then the Chinese people will make sure the government is honest about it, after all the government is always responsible to the people....

Oh wait...

nevermind.

Call the budget office. Be a concerned citizen.
Like that would ever happen.

Did you call the budget office?
You're the one that wants to know, not me. I know it's a valid source. Don't be so fucking lazy and do your own leg work. I'm too busy signing petitions and working with the Sierra Club trying to stop this POS president from drilling off my state's coastline.

Figures you are trusting twat who once he reads something he likes doesn't do any followup.

Wanker.
Coming from someone who believed Mexico was going to pay for the wall and Trump would deliver affordable HC for alll.. that’s a hoot.
Big wanker.

except if it's in china?

China is cutting the number of coal fired plants they’re building and improving their quality of air.

And the Chinese EPA is an independent agency that is not beholden to the Communist Party autocrats.....

Oh wait....

But the Chinese press will surely keep them honest, as they are independent and the Chinese government would never interfere...

Oh wait..

Then the Chinese people will make sure the government is honest about it, after all the government is always responsible to the people....

Oh wait...

nevermind.

Even China is moving forward with green energy while you still support the idiot that has said” Coal is the wave of the future.”

Yes you are that stupid.

except if it's in china?

Oh wait....

Oh wait..

Oh wait...

nevermind.

Even China is moving forward with green energy while you still support the idiot that has said” Coal is the wave of the future.”

Yes you are that stupid.

hahahaahaha you are truly gullible. have you figured out how to get the president out of office yet?

here is the report...

From the report:

Looks at the fine print whatever Obama did and of course misinterprets it but gives Trump a pass on the tariffs that everyone in the White House was against.
Figures.

except if it's in china?

Oh wait....

Oh wait..

Oh wait...

nevermind.

Yes you are that stupid.

hahahaahaha you are truly gullible. have you figured out how to get the president out of office yet?

I’m gullable because China is kicking our asses with green energy but you have nothing to say about this prez trying to put us back into the 50’s with Coal?

I gave you the exact part of the Constitution that states how we get rid of a president. Do you need a diagram to point to it??

except if it's in china?

Oh wait....

Oh wait..

Oh wait...

nevermind.

Yes you are that stupid.

I’m gullable because China is kicking our asses with green energy but you have nothing to say about this prez trying to put us back into the 50’s with Coal?

I gave you the exact part of the Constitution that states how we get rid of a president. Do you need a diagram to point to it??

you're gullible because you believe it.

DAEE0F5B-5F64-4CF1-BBD7-37FC22997207.jpeg
Obama kicks Trump ass again.
Thanks Obama.
This is just one of the reasons why Trump has a personal vendetta against him... and of course he was a much more popular and competent president than he.
He’ll never get over that.

Oh wait....

Oh wait..

Oh wait...

nevermind.

Yes you are that stupid.

I’m not allergic to facts like you are.

Oh wait....

Oh wait..

Oh wait...

nevermind.

Yes you are that stupid.

I’m not allergic to facts like you are.

but you are gullible to fake ones.

Forum List

Back