Trump's pyrrhic victory: The US opts for path that can only lead to war

He approved it while studying the ifs, ands, and buts of pulling out.

The agreement was between the EU, Iran and Obama. It was never signed, nor was it approved by Congress.

It was a pinkie-handshake deal choreographed by Obama. It had all the lasting value of the rest of his presidency.

His main goal was to send them a boatload of cash and give them an out after a few years. He failed on the latter.
Wow I think you figured it out, it was all part of Obama’s secret plan to destroy America!!!

Pretty much. Results tell.

And don't leave the rest of those Democrats out of it.
Also don’t leave the Trump appointed heads of our intelligence agencies... people like Mattis and Pompeo that testified to congress that Iran was adhereing to the terms of the deal and they thought it a detriment to pull out.

Honestly, why would those guys purger themselves to advance the destruction of our country? Please explain that to me.

It matters not one iota that they were currently following orders, because there was no valid agreement.

But to play your game, what matters is the sunset clause.
Wtf are you people smoking today? If the agreement wasn’t valid then the sunset clause would make zero difference.

Indeed, but the rest of the world is confused enough. It needed to be explained in language they could understand.

I mean, some people believed that because Obama said something, it carried the weight of Gawd's word.

If everyone pretends hard enough, it must be so? I don't think that's a valid argument. Obama pretty much acted entirely alone, without consulting anyone, or going through the proper procedures. For all intents and purposes, it was never valid, as Obama went through no proper channels to make it valid. Leftists pretending really hard cannot change that.
It's a tangential argument, isn't it? The important thing is what happens next.
The main point was that it was never approved by congress, and therefor was only an agreement with Obama. The agreement itself has no value, and even if it did, it was poorly negotiated and gained the US nothing.
Yes it was in line with an executive order and was valid until rescinded which it recently was by Trump. I don’t know where you were getting all this invalid talk from.

It was not an Executive Order.
No shit. I never said it was

It wasn't in line with an Executive Order either.

Wow I think you figured it out, it was all part of Obama’s secret plan to destroy America!!!

Also don’t leave the Trump appointed heads of our intelligence agencies... people like Mattis and Pompeo that testified to congress that Iran was adhereing to the terms of the deal and they thought it a detriment to pull out.

Honestly, why would those guys purger themselves to advance the destruction of our country? Please explain that to me.

It matters not one iota that they were currently following orders, because there was no valid agreement.

Wtf are you people smoking today? If the agreement wasn’t valid then the sunset clause would make zero difference.

Indeed, but the rest of the world is confused enough. It needed to be explained in language they could understand.

I mean, some people believed that because Obama said something, it carried the weight of Gawd's word.
Your still making zero sense. Your attempt to demonize obama is just making you sound idiotic. Obama didn’t just say something, an agreement was negotiated and agreed to by our country, the UN, and Iran. There were terms and action items and each party adhered to those terms. Including trump for the past year. That means it was an actual valid thing. Come back to reality, you are clouding up this board with stupidity.

It's a tangential argument, isn't it? The important thing is what happens next.
The main point was that it was never approved by congress, and therefor was only an agreement with Obama. The agreement itself has no value, and even if it did, it was poorly negotiated and gained the US nothing.
Yes it was in line with an executive order and was valid until rescinded which it recently was by Trump. I don’t know where you were getting all this invalid talk from.

It was not an Executive Order.
No shit. I never said it was

It wasn't in line with an Executive Order either.
Why not? An executive order is something set by the president and not by congress. Was the Iran deal set by the president or passed through congress?

Your still making zero sense. Your attempt to demonize obama is just making you sound idiotic. Obama didn’t just say something, an agreement was negotiated and agreed to by our country, the UN, and Iran. There were terms and action items and each party adhered to those terms. Including trump for the past year. That means it was an actual valid thing. Come back to reality, you are clouding up this board with stupidity.

Not by our country, and not signed by Iran.

You may continue your dementia at your whim.

Yes by our country as evidenced by the compliance with the agreement by trump and his administration for the past year. And who gives a shit about a signature? You seem to be banking your argument on a technicality and not reality. Where is my dementia?

Yes by our country as evidenced by the compliance with the agreement by trump and his administration for the past year. And who gives a shit about a signature? You seem to be banking your argument on a technicality and not reality. Where is my dementia?

"I'm sorry Dave, but this conversation no longer has any meaning. Goodbye."

You’re right about this conversation. You are wrong about the deal. You can’t defend your statements so time to take a hike. Thanks for playing

I dont agree with the article but this one line is right on point.

"Presidents once constitutionally constrained by legislative and judicial balance of power have successfully asserted executive privilege to become like third world dictators, able to make war without any restraint on their ability to do so"

And in more areas than war.

Hell yeah Obama invaded Syria without consulting congress and gets off scott free.

I dont agree with the article but this one line is right on point.

"Presidents once constitutionally constrained by legislative and judicial balance of power have successfully asserted executive privilege to become like third world dictators, able to make war without any restraint on their ability to do so"

And in more areas than war.

Hell yeah Obama invaded Syria without consulting congress and gets off scott free.

And Libya.

You’re right about this conversation. You are wrong about the deal. You can’t defend your statements so time to take a hike. Thanks for playing
All I've been waiting to hear is what Trump plans to do now that will keep Iran from building nukes. Slapping unilateral sanctions on a country we don't do much business with is NOT going to do the trick, imo. The Trump supporters would far rather quibble for 23 pages about whether it was an agreement or not, because they can't answer the important question. This is all deflection. You realize that, right?

All I've been waiting to hear is what Trump plans to do now that will keep Iran from building nukes. Slapping unilateral sanctions on a country we don't do much business with is NOT going to do the trick, imo. The Trump supporters would far rather quibble for 23 pages about whether it was an agreement or not, because they can't answer the important question. This is all deflection. You realize that, right?

You've suggested nothing. The agreement is dead. Whats your solution to the Iran problem now? And dont say delivering pallets of cash in the dead of night. Thats been tried.

---------------------------------------- good post , i also don't care about who did this or that as its not important to me . I like getting down to Brass Tacks and trying to guess when Americas nuke or conventional missile launches will be Old Lady .

In the end, they can either agree to cease all activity aimed at producing a nuclear weapon, confirmed by inspections, or they can be turned into a parking lot. That's the choice they have.

Unless of course the Democrats regain power, in which case they will have a free hand.

but i was just hearing last night that the allies doing business with 'iran' will be forced to pick whose side they are on rather than doing business with iran AND the USA . I forget who said it or where i heard it but the thinking was that the [socalled allies] will get in line behind the USA OldLady .

You've suggested nothing. The agreement is dead. Whats your solution to the Iran problem now? And dont say delivering pallets of cash in the dead of night. Thats been tried.
I didn't decide to pull out of the agreement. It's not up to me to suggest what to do next.

but i was just hearing last night that the allies doing business with 'iran' will be forced to pick whose side they are on rather than doing business with iran AND the USA . I forget who said it or where i heard it but the thinking was that the [socalled allies] will get in line behind the USA OldLady .
That is what the US is hoping, but right now I believe Iran AND the allies are trying to figure out a way to continue to trade. At least, last I heard. I don't think it's settled yet.

Forum List

Back