Trumps travel ban. Times up

easyt65 are you having reading problems today?

1. Your first point when you say that I "admitted" its NOT a ban despite my fake title... You follow that by quoting me and I clearly said. "Trumps Travel ban has been explained as a 90 day moratorium on travel from a handful of countries so that extreme vetting measures can be established." I made not proclamation about what it is or what I think it is.

What is untrue about that statement. Trump calls it a travel ban (look at his tweet today) it HAS BEEN EXPLAINED by his surrogates as a "pause" or "moratorium" on travel and not a ban. What is false or fake about that statement??

2. Yes, seems to be, i was making an observation and posing a question for a discussion board... not reporting the news.

3. I think this point has been explained. I called it a travel ban because thats what most people call it including Trump, now we all know what we are talking about, its called communication. I'm then addressing how the narrative of the Right is trying to spin it by calling it a pause not a ban. I then question Trumps motives by looking at his actions in relation to extreme vetting and the 90 day "pause"

Your little attempt to play gotachya word games is cheap and nothing more than a distraction tactic. How about you just stick to the subject at hand

You failed to prove it is m0ore than a 90-Day Delay. You gave speculation that it is evolving into something else, nothing more.

If the bill calls for a 90-day delay, then it is not a BAN. The Fact that people - no matter who it may be - are calling it one thing does not make it that thing. You can call a cat a dog, but it does not make the cat a dog.
Dude, what is wrong with you? Obviously you don't acknowledge anything I say so how about I just quote our president, the guy who directed and signed the order... This was from TODAY... Read the last one slowly and really try and understand... Its a Travel Ban

1. Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 8h8 hours ago
    The Justice Dept. should ask for an expedited hearing of the watered down Travel Ban before the Supreme Court - & seek much tougher version!

7,322 replies11,229 retweets45,222 likes

2. Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 8h8 hours ago
    The Justice Dept. should have stayed with the original Travel Ban, not the watered down, politically correct version they submitted to S.C.

8,525 replies11,654 retweets48,341 likes

3. Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 8h8 hours ago
    People, the lawyers and the courts can call it whatever they want, but I am calling it what we need and what it is, a TRAVEL BAN!

Why does this upset you?

We know it's going to go the Supreme's..

And you will loose..
The lies and dishonesty from our president is what upsets me.

Does it cost you anything?

No, what does that have to do with anything?

Are you for real trying to change an EXECUTIVE ORDER, into a "DOJ bill" and dismiss what our CHIEF EXECUTIVE is saying about it?

No I am pointing out that the President is unhappy with the DOJ's version of his EO that is going forward. The DOJ's version is a 90--Day Delay, not a BAN. The DOJ understands an outright 'BAN' will never be supported / allowed.

What is being debated is the EO Version that exists right now and is going forward NOW. That EO version, again, is a DELAY, not a BAN.

I understand the President wants a BAN, but the version going forward is NOT a BAN.

So do you want to talk about the existing version going forward, or do you want to talk about what the President says he wants NOW? They are 2 separate issues.
Help me understand the difference between a delay and a ban. Are you saying that after 90 days travel will start up again and the president has no authority in that decision? its all dictated by this EO?

Once again Obama's lies costed me personally thousands of dollars.. Trumps lies costed me nothing..

Really? Quote me making one excuse of any of President Obamas lies. If you can't then stop talking out of your ass. Yet another failed dishonest diversion tactic.
Oh yes, slade everyone on this board remembers how you would just go off' on Obama every time he lied, never making justifications or excuses fr them. Never defending him for them....

View attachment 131109
Start another thread of you want to talk about Obama. I joined this Board last year so most of my comments have been about the campaign, and Trumps presidency. Stop bringing new narratives into this discussion, there is no point.

Don't change it.I want to know what Trump lies costed us $

Are you for real trying to change an EXECUTIVE ORDER, into a "DOJ bill" and dismiss what our CHIEF EXECUTIVE is saying about it?

No I am pointing out that the President is unhappy with the DOJ's version of his EO that is going forward. The DOJ's version is a 90--Day Delay, not a BAN. The DOJ understands an outright 'BAN' will never be supported / allowed.

What is being debated is the EO Version that exists right now and is going forward NOW. That EO version, again, is a DELAY, not a BAN.

I understand the President wants a BAN, but the version going forward is NOT a BAN.

So do you want to talk about the existing version going forward, or do you want to talk about what the President says he wants NOW? They are 2 separate issues.
Help me understand the difference between a delay and a ban. Are you saying that after 90 days travel will start up again and the president has no authority in that decision? its all dictated by this EO?

Once again Obama's lies costed me personally thousands of dollars.. Trumps lies costed me nothing..

I think you mean policies. But thats fine, it seems you have justified your Obama hatred. Its not all about money for me, i'd like to see our president act respectable, even dare I say, inspirational. Trump is just plain embarrassing.

Trumps Travel ban has been explained as a 90 day moratorium on travel from a handful of countries so that extreme vetting measures can be established.

Although the travel restrictions have been blocked by the courts there have been no restrictions to prevent him from improving our vetting measures. Had the ban not been blocked, the 90 day period would have long expired. So what does he have to show for it from a vetting standpoint?

Is he really trying to improve vetting or is he just trying to block people from traveling here and gain a political victory to a hateful base?

Please help me understand Trumps goals in relation to the 90 day timeframe and extreme vetting initiatives.
Hes trying to prevent the muslim problem in Europe, from happening in the US. I guess left leaning judges dont want him to do that, so we are fucked.

While ignoring the racists and xenophobes in the US attacking Jews, Muslims, and immigrants.

For those of you who wonder how Germany sent 6,000,000 people to the ovens during WWII, it started with scapegoating the Jews, the Catholics, the Roma and allowing attacks on them to go unpunished.

Trumps Travel ban has been explained as a 90 day moratorium on travel from a handful of countries so that extreme vetting measures can be established.

Although the travel restrictions have been blocked by the courts there have been no restrictions to prevent him from improving our vetting measures. Had the ban not been blocked, the 90 day period would have long expired. So what does he have to show for it from a vetting standpoint?

Is he really trying to improve vetting or is he just trying to block people from traveling here and gain a political victory to a hateful base?

Please help me understand Trumps goals in relation to the 90 day timeframe and extreme vetting initiatives.
Hes trying to prevent the muslim problem in Europe, from happening in the US. I guess left leaning judges dont want him to do that, so we are fucked.

While ignoring the racists and xenophobes in the US attacking Jews, Muslims, and immigrants.

For those of you who wonder how Germany sent 6,000,000 people to the ovens during WWII, it started with scapegoating the Jews, the Catholics, the Roma and allowing attacks on them to go unpunished.
Almost every "hate crime" in the US is a hoax perpetrated by left leaning people. Sorry, but hoaxes mean nothing to me, and they should mean nothing to you.

The liberal scum keep blocking it.
Do you really not understand the question or are you punting around it because you can't answer. I'm asking about the vetting. 90 days is up
No, they are not. The courts have blocked the travel restriction which included the vetting. If Trump had tried to implement the new vetting while under court injunction, there would have been a real legal issue, instead of these phony obstruction issues.

So, the travel restriction 90 days along with the heightened vetting program will begin the day after the SCOTUS hands the appellate court their asses.
What is your source for this information about the heightened vetting program? I'd like to see it in more detail.
Read the EO.
I did read it. Section 2 covers the vetting measures but basically just says that DNI, SHS and the SOS shall evaluate the vetting in those 7 countries and submit a report. There are no specifics about improving any vetting measures. I see no reason why they can't be evaluating the situation right now if they don't already have action items to take.... that's exactly what they should be doing now, they don't need an executive order to evaluate vetting processes and make them better... that's their job

How do you know they are not? Was there a requirement in the executive orders that your e-mail be copied on all of the results?

The Left does not want to vet. Vetting means background checks, surveillance, it all takes time. Further, how accurate is vetting a person from Yemen vs someone from New Jersey? Here's a solution, if someone wants in to the US from one of the 7 banned countries and valid data is lacking, they need to understand the situation and that their circumstance of entry to the US from a hostile territory is not the same as one from a friendly or at least territory where valid data is available to mitigate the probability that they are a threat. Come up with a process where the emigrating person has some onus or skin in the game to get themselves vetted. But then, that still won't be good enough for the Left
Again you dodge the question and jump to the partisan attacks. I guess we all know the answer, that there is no plan for the extreme vetting, all he's got so far is ban Muslims starting with the ones in the 7 countries from the EO

Partisan aside, 7 countries represent a terrorist threat to Western Countries. Are you building the case for these people to come unvetted or building a case for extreme vetting or are you simply playing politics because your hatred for Trump's victory exceeds your care for Western Civilization safety? My bet is that former.
If you're asking what I support it is absolutely better vetting for any country or area that needs improvement.

What does "Better Vetting" mean to you. Please describe in details.
I can't, from my research we have close to a 2 year vetting process that looks pretty damn thorough. I heard reports during the campaign saying that some areas are hard to vett, then I heard a bunch of rhetoric from Trump about how bad our vetting is... so now that he is im charge I'd just like to see his plan to fix the bad vetting system. If banning Muslims or banning everybody from 6 counties is all he can come up with them that's pretty weak

The word is vet. The process is called vetting.

Hes trying to prevent the muslim problem in Europe, from happening in the US.
From which of the seven Muslim countries in the ban did the London attackers come?

The London attackers were UK citizens. So we better ban Brits from coming here, folks.

Care to stop bullshitting? Terrorist can't be vetted. Block them all.

Care to stop hitting the bong?

Courts are VERY clear on this - Muslim ban is blatantly unconstitutional. You lose, time to get with reality.

It is not a Muslim ban. Why can't you get that through your thick skull?

If you are a Christian, Jew, agnostic, Muslim, atheist, Pastafarian or anything else , the ban says you can't come in!

Courts are VERY clear on this - Muslim ban is blatantly unconstitutional. You lose, time to get with reality.

If you are a Christian, Jew, agnostic, Muslim, atheist, Pastafarian or anything else , the ban says you can't come in!

If you are going to throw your two cents in, you may as well read what I'm responding to first.

He's trying to keep muslim butchers out of the country. Why do you want them here?

If he's really trying to fix the alleged Muslim problem, then why did he just go to Saudi Arabia and silk the biggest sponsors of Terroism billions of dollars worth of weapons to them?

Trump is hardly concerned about fighting Terroism. The man is just preaching to his base.

This travel/Muslim ban is throwing a bone his Kool-Aid drinkers.

There is no Muslim ban. Why are you lying?

If you are going to throw your two cents in, you may as well ready what I'm responding to first.

How do I "ready" what you are responding to?

My point was very clear. There is no Muslim ban. Saying it exists is a lie, plain and simple.

Do you really not understand the question or are you punting around it because you can't answer. I'm asking about the vetting. 90 days is up
No, they are not. The courts have blocked the travel restriction which included the vetting. If Trump had tried to implement the new vetting while under court injunction, there would have been a real legal issue, instead of these phony obstruction issues.

So, the travel restriction 90 days along with the heightened vetting program will begin the day after the SCOTUS hands the appellate court their asses.
What is your source for this information about the heightened vetting program? I'd like to see it in more detail.
Read the EO.
I did read it. Section 2 covers the vetting measures but basically just says that DNI, SHS and the SOS shall evaluate the vetting in those 7 countries and submit a report. There are no specifics about improving any vetting measures. I see no reason why they can't be evaluating the situation right now if they don't already have action items to take.... that's exactly what they should be doing now, they don't need an executive order to evaluate vetting processes and make them better... that's their job

How do you know they are not? Was there a requirement in the executive orders that your e-mail be copied on all of the results?
I hope they are improving the vetting... I'd like to know what they've come up with and why they persist on a 90 day travel delay 130+ days after they first called for the pause.

Read the EO.

I hope they are improving the vetting... I'd like to know what they've come up with and why they persist on a 90 day travel delay 130+ days after they first called for the pause.

Think I explained that to you. When you enjoin and stop the EO -- you are prohibited from ANY action towards implementation of that order. It's some of phony lefty talking point that you're hung up on here. That "the clock" was still running when the EO died in court.

Would be more productive if YOU had a plan..

Read the EO.

That has been explained to you about 5 times. You are not in the loop. Why would we be stupid enough to tell everyone what we are looking for, so they can fix the problem before they try to sneak in?

You would have volunteered to be on the camera crews standing on the beaches of Normandy to welcome our troops after telling the Germans why you were there!

Since he tweeted he wants a more Big League travel ban I think we know what he, and the Trumpbots, have in mind. Hopefully Roberts and Kennedy will honestly address that.

Read the EO.

That has been explained to you about 5 times. You are not in the loop. Why would we be stupid enough to tell everyone what we are looking for, so they can fix the problem before they try to sneak in?

You would have volunteered to be on the camera crews standing on the beaches of Normandy to welcome our troops after telling the Germans why you were there!
If Trump's admin hasn't put his improved vetting in place already, they should be fired for incompetence. They've the time.

Read the EO.

If Trump's admin hasn't put his improved vetting in place already, they should be fired for incompetence. They've the time.

You obviously just jumped into the thread. Try reading first before going off half-cocked!

Forum List

Back