Trumps travel ban. Times up

Trumps Travel ban has been explained as a 90 day moratorium on travel from a handful of countries so that extreme vetting measures can be established.

Although the travel restrictions have been blocked by the courts there have been no restrictions to prevent him from improving our vetting measures. Had the ban not been blocked, the 90 day period would have long expired. So what does he have to show for it from a vetting standpoint?

Is he really trying to improve vetting or is he just trying to block people from traveling here and gain a political victory to a hateful base?

Please help me understand Trumps goals in relation to the 90 day timeframe and extreme vetting initiatives.

Everyone knew, and everyone knows, that it had nothing to do with a time period in order to get things sorted.
Then the Trump surrogates need to stop bringing up this 90 day pause. It's annoying and dishonest.

Quoting Slade:

"1. I called it a Travel Ban because thats the term being used to describe it. Look at Trumps Twitter today. He calls it a TRAVEL BAN..."

Trump is often an idiot. YOU even admitted it is NOT a ban despite your fake title.

"Trumps Travel ban has been explained as a 90 day moratorium on travel from a handful of countries so that extreme vetting measures can be established."

Was THIS not YOU in post #1?

"2. I was addressing the spun narrative that it is simply a 90 day pause which is appearing to be more and more BS. Trumps motives to follow through with what he was barking about during the campaign, to ban Muslims,
seem to be floating to the surface."

'Seem to be' - speculation - has not happened.

"3. What was my fake news?? Be specific... I was addressing a topic and asking a question. So what was fake?"

Again, I pointed it out - You claim it is a ban in your title then immediately contradict yourself by explaining how it is NOT a true ban. Don't get pissed at me because I pointed out your own f* up / error.

Last edited:
Quoting Slade:

"1. I called it a Travel Ban because thats the term being used to describe it. Look at Trumps Twitter today. He calls it a TRAVEL BAN..."

Trump is often an idiot. YOU even admitted it is NOT a ban despite your fake title.

"Trumps Travel ban has been explained as a 90 day moratorium on travel from a handful of countries so that extreme vetting measures can be established."

"2. I was addressing the spun narrative that it is simply a 90 day pause which is appearing to be more and more BS. Trumps motives to follow through with what he was barking about during the campaign, to ban Muslims,

"3. What was my fake news?? Be specific... I was addressing a topic and asking a question. So what was fake?"

Again, I pointed it out - You claim it is a ban in your title then immediately contradict yourself by explaining how it is NOT a true ban. Don't get pissed at me because I pointed out your own f* up / error.
easyt65 are you having reading problems today?

1. Your first point when you say that I "admitted" its NOT a ban despite my fake title... You follow that by quoting me and I clearly said. "Trumps Travel ban has been explained as a 90 day moratorium on travel from a handful of countries so that extreme vetting measures can be established." I made not proclamation about what it is or what I think it is.

What is untrue about that statement. Trump calls it a travel ban (look at his tweet today) it HAS BEEN EXPLAINED by his surrogates as a "pause" or "moratorium" on travel and not a ban. What is false or fake about that statement??

2. Yes, seems to be, i was making an observation and posing a question for a discussion board... not reporting the news.

3. I think this point has been explained. I called it a travel ban because thats what most people call it including Trump, now we all know what we are talking about, its called communication. I'm then addressing how the narrative of the Right is trying to spin it by calling it a pause not a ban. I then question Trumps motives by looking at his actions in relation to extreme vetting and the 90 day "pause"

Your little attempt to play gotachya word games is cheap and nothing more than a distraction tactic. How about you just stick to the subject at hand

Quoting Slade:

1. Your first point when you say that I "admitted" its NOT a ban despite my fake title... You follow that by quoting me and I clearly said. "Trumps Travel ban has been explained as a 90 day moratorium on travel from a handful of countries so that extreme vetting measures can be established." I made not proclamation about what it is or what I think it is.

What is untrue about that statement. Trump calls it a travel ban (look at his tweet today) it HAS BEEN EXPLAINED by his surrogates as a "pause" or "moratorium" on travel and not a ban. What is false or fake about that statement??

2. Yes, seems to be, i was making an observation and posing a question for a discussion board... not reporting the news.

3. I think this point has been explained. I called it a travel ban because thats what most people call it including Trump, now we all know what we are talking about, its called communication. I'm then addressing how the narrative of the Right is trying to spin it by calling it a pause not a ban. I then question Trumps motives by looking at his actions in relation to extreme vetting and the 90 day "pause"

Your little attempt to play gotachya word games is cheap and nothing more than a distraction tactic. How about you just stick to the subject at hand

You failed to prove it is m0ore than a 90-Day Delay. You gave speculation that it is evolving into something else, nothing more.

If the bill calls for a 90-day delay, then it is not a BAN. The Fact that people - no matter who it may be - are calling it one thing does not make it that thing. You can call a cat a dog, but it does not make the cat a dog.

Quoting Slade:

You failed to prove it is m0ore than a 90-Day Delay. You gave speculation that it is evolving into something else, nothing more.

If the bill calls for a 90-day delay, then it is not a BAN. The Fact that people - no matter who it may be - are calling it one thing does not make it that thing. You can call a cat a dog, but it does not make the cat a dog.
Dude, what is wrong with you? Obviously you don't acknowledge anything I say so how about I just quote our president, the guy who directed and signed the order... This was from TODAY... Read the last one slowly and really try and understand... Its a Travel Ban

1. Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 8h8 hours ago
    The Justice Dept. should ask for an expedited hearing of the watered down Travel Ban before the Supreme Court - & seek much tougher version!

7,322 replies11,229 retweets45,222 likes

2. Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 8h8 hours ago
    The Justice Dept. should have stayed with the original Travel Ban, not the watered down, politically correct version they submitted to S.C.

8,525 replies11,654 retweets48,341 likes

3. Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 8h8 hours ago
    People, the lawyers and the courts can call it whatever they want, but I am calling it what we need and what it is, a TRAVEL BAN!

Quoting Slade:

Dude, what is wrong with you? Obviously you don't acknowledge anything I say so how about I just quote our president, the guy who directed and signed the order... This was from TODAY... Read the last one slowly and really try and understand... Its a Travel Ban

The Justice Dept. should ask for an expedited hearing of the watered down Travel Ban before the Supreme Court - & seek much tougher version!

The Justice Dept. should have stayed with the original Travel Ban, not the watered down, politically correct version they submitted to S.C.

People, the lawyers and the courts can call it whatever they want, but I am calling it what we need and what it is, a TRAVEL BAN!

Why does this upset you?

We know it's going to go the Supreme's..

And you will loose..

Trumps Travel ban has been explained as a 90 day moratorium on travel from a handful of countries so that extreme vetting measures can be established.

Although the travel restrictions have been blocked by the courts there have been no restrictions to prevent him from improving our vetting measures. Had the ban not been blocked, the 90 day period would have long expired. So what does he have to show for it from a vetting standpoint?

Is he really trying to improve vetting or is he just trying to block people from traveling here and gain a political victory to a hateful base?

Please help me understand Trumps goals in relation to the 90 day timeframe and extreme vetting initiatives.
Hes trying to prevent the muslim problem in Europe, from happening in the US. I guess left leaning judges dont want him to do that, so we are fucked.

There is no Muslim problem in Europe. There is a terrorist problem, but since more Muslims have died trying to fight these extremists for you to call this a muslin problem is ignorant.
Oh, theyve been fighting extremists? Seeing how many muslim nations there are, if "good" muslims are fighting the bad muslims, there should be hundreds, if not thousands of these brave groups. Send me some links.

Quoting Slade:

I don't care what Trump is calling the current existing DOJ Bill or saying about it. You posted Trump's opinion on what he wanted / would like for it to be, not what it currently IS. It is currently a 90-day DELAY. It is NOT a 'BAN'.

Whether it is changed to a 'BAN', which will NOT be tolerated by the USSC, in the future does not change the fact that right now it is a DELAY, not a BAN.

Trump can tweet all he wants, but that does not change the fact that the DOJ bill as written right now is a DELAY, not a BAN.

Quoting Slade:

Why does this upset you?

And you will loose..
The lies and dishonesty from our president is what upsets me.

Quoting Slade:

I don't care what Trump is calling the current existing DOJ Bill or saying about it. You posted Trump's opinion on what he wanted / would like for it to be, not what it currently IS. It is currently a 90-day DELAY. It is NOT a 'BAN'.

Whether it is changed to a 'BAN', which will NOT be tolerated by the USSC, in the future does not change the fact that right now it is a DELAY, not a BAN.

Trump can tweet all he wants, but that does not change the fact that the DOJ bill as written right now is a DELAY, not a BAN.
Are you for real trying to change an EXECUTIVE ORDER, into a "DOJ bill" and dismiss what our CHIEF EXECUTIVE is saying about it? Unbelievable.

Hahaha, and you try and point the finger of fake news at me. Look in the mirror man, that was pathetic.

...yet the lies and dishonesty from our Former President never did. Surprise, surprise.
Really? Quote me making one excuse of any of President Obamas lies. If you can't then stop talking out of your ass. Yet another failed dishonest diversion tactic.

Are you for real trying to change an EXECUTIVE ORDER, into a "DOJ bill" and dismiss what our CHIEF EXECUTIVE is saying about it?

No I am pointing out that the President is unhappy with the DOJ's version of his EO that is going forward. The DOJ's version is a 90--Day Delay, not a BAN. The DOJ understands an outright 'BAN' will never be supported / allowed.

What is being debated is the EO Version that exists right now and is going forward NOW. That EO version, again, is a DELAY, not a BAN.

I understand the President wants a BAN, but the version going forward is NOT a BAN.

So do you want to talk about the existing version going forward, or do you want to talk about what the President says he wants NOW? They are 2 separate issues.

Everyone knew, and everyone knows, that it had nothing to do with a time period in order to get things sorted.
How come libs always know what "everyone" knows and "everyone" knew? that's a sure sign of mental disorder I'd say.
Unlike being, clueless and Causeless.

Really? Quote me making one excuse of any of President Obamas lies. If you can't then stop talking out of your ass. Yet another failed dishonest diversion tactic.
Oh yes, slade everyone on this board remembers how you would just go off' on Obama every time he lied, never making justifications or excuses fr them. Never defending him for them....

upload_2017-6-5_14-49-40.jpeg

Quoting Slade:

Why does this upset you?

And you will loose..

Does it cost you anything?

Are you for real trying to change an EXECUTIVE ORDER, into a "DOJ bill" and dismiss what our CHIEF EXECUTIVE is saying about it?

No I am pointing out that the President is unhappy with the DOJ's version of his EO that is going forward. The DOJ's version is a 90--Day Delay, not a BAN. The DOJ understands an outright 'BAN' will never be supported / allowed.

What is being debated is the EO Version that exists right now and is going forward NOW. That EO version, again, is a DELAY, not a BAN.

I understand the President wants a BAN, but the version going forward is NOT a BAN.

So do you want to talk about the existing version going forward, or do you want to talk about what the President says he wants NOW? They are 2 separate issues.
Help me understand the difference between a delay and a ban. Are you saying that after 90 days travel will start up again and the president has no authority in that decision? its all dictated by this EO?

How come libs always know what "everyone" knows and "everyone" knew? that's a sure sign of mental disorder I'd say.
Unlike being, clueless and Causeless.
Classic.

Oh yes, slade everyone on this board remembers how you would just go off' on Obama every time he lied, never making justifications or excuses fr them. Never defending him for them....

View attachment 131109
Start another thread of you want to talk about Obama. I joined this Board last year so most of my comments have been about the campaign, and Trumps presidency. Stop bringing new narratives into this discussion, there is no point.

Forum List

Back