Trying to Bar Trump From 2024 Ballot Is Unconstitutional and Lawfare at Its Worst

Dude, this is more than an accusation. We all watched this happen on live TV,

I know what the pundits are telling you guys to think, but deep down, you all know what really happened.
W he at did you see? Was Trump leading the charge? If so where was he?

What prison? Georgia's case is falling apart by the day. He will never stand trial for the federal charges because they can't get it done, and after the election if he is convicted, he could pardon himself if they tried to pursue the charges.
He can't pardon himself....

Nixon wanted to but could not.....thus getting Ford to do it, after he took over.

He might be able to stall, within the courts, but in the end, even the Trump supreme court, will rule against a President, being lawless..... You're supporting that a president can commit all the crimes he wants as President, then just pardon himself for his own crimes on his way out the door, is utterly ridiculous and whacko! No one is above the law.

No man can be a judge in their own cause..... He can NOT pardon HIMSELF under the basic principles of the Law.

Pardons are gifts/grants given by one person to ANOTHER person.

Oh, and you live in LA LA LAND if you actually believe the Georgia case is falling apart! What the heck?

the confederates were convicted? not likely.
Yes. All Of the Confederate were not convicted, but the Section applied to all of them, meeting the section 3 wording and requirements....

Is that what your post is trying to say?

Biden's own DOJ has charged over a 1,000 January 6th participants. Not a single one charged with insurrection. Pretty steep hill to climb arguing that Biden's DOJ are clueless misfits that don't understand Federal law.
It's all under the same Chapter of US CODE.... Insurrection, Sedition, Subversion etc etc are all together, there are like 6 or 7etc....different U.S. Codes encompassing the whole category of betrayal.

Here:

CHAPTER 115—TREASON, SEDITION, AND SUBVERSIVE ACTIVITIES

Sec.
Treason.
Misprision of treason.
Rebellion or insurrection.
Seditious conspiracy.
Advocating overthrow of Government.
Registration of certain organizations.
Activities affecting armed forces generally.
Activities affecting armed forces during war.
Recruiting for service against United States.
Enlistment to serve against United States.
[2391.
Repealed.]

Last edited:
Shit for brains trump hasn't even been charged or legally accused.
The section of the 14th makes no mention of needing a conviction. It seems like you would need something at least comparable to a conviction...so I kinda agree with you on that sentiment.....

But, because of no mention, it will likely be challenged up to the SC, for more clarity is my thoughts...

That's the spin form the hacks on MSLSD.
It is, what it is....

And right now, Section 3 of the 14th plain text, makes no mention of needing a conviction of rebellion or insurrection to apply the measure..... It's simply not clear cut, in the reading of the text...

The section of the 14th makes no mention of needing a conviction. It seems like you would need something at least comparable to a conviction...so I kinda agree with you on that sentiment.....

But, because of no mention, it will likely be challenged up to the SC, for more clarity is my thoughts...
There was no insurrection fucking idiot.

It is, what it is....

And right now, Section 3 of the 14th plain text, makes no mention of needing a conviction of rebellion or insurrection to apply the measure..... It's simply not clear cut, in the reading of the text...
Stupid one thing you failed to prove the insurrection. It's not an insurrection just because of political expediency.

First of all, Section 3 only applies to individuals who were previously a “member of Congress,” an “officer of the United States,” or a state official. Trump has never been any of those.

The president is an officer of the United States. He is commander in chief of the US Armed forces. Argument fail.

Second, no federal court has convicted Trump of engaging in “insurrection or rebellion” in violation of 18 U.S.C. §2383, which makes it a crime to engage in “any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States.”

The Amendment doesn't require a conviction. Merely participating in the insurrection was sufficient. He organized it, incited it, and ran away from it as fast as he could as soon as it went south

Third, there is an argument that can be made—and which was already adopted by one federal court—that Section 3 doesn’t even exist anymore as a constitutional matter.
Keep in mind that the 14th Amendment was ratified in 1868 after the end of the Civil War. It was aimed at the former members of the Confederate government and military who had previously been in Congress or held executive posts.

Except that it was applied during World War I against a pro-German Congressman from Wisconsin who was barred from taking his seat in Congress due to his opposition to the ar. And the case against him was FAR flimsier than the one against Trump.

Furthermore, this is an issue of state's rights. A state should have every right to determine who is eligible to run for electors in their state.

Dumbass this is what you said

So what state was Obama removed from the ballot?
ya got me. I was too loose with my language.

Republicans tried to do it to Obama.

See. I can admit when I make a mistake. Try it sometime.

The president is an officer of the United States. He is commander in chief of the US Armed forces. Argument fail.

The Amendment doesn't require a conviction. Merely participating in the insurrection was sufficient. He organized it, incited it, and ran away from it as fast as he could as soon as it went south

Except that it was applied during World War I against a pro-German Congressman from Wisconsin who was barred from taking his seat in Congress due to his opposition to the ar. And the case against him was FAR flimsier than the one against Trump.

Furthermore, this is an issue of state's rights. A state should have every right to determine who is eligible to run for electors in their state.
You want to go with the I surrection claim them you need to prove a insurrection happened. Not be ause you leftists wish to use it for political expediency but actual proof of an insurrection. And it must fit the legal definition of insurrection.

Forum List

Back