TULIP (God calls some to atheism)

^"Trust me."
Pretty much. Like we have to trust those who say if we can let go of the edge of the pool, we can learn to swim, and that the laws of physics in use in a roller coaster ride will result in an exciting ride but with a safe finish. Have faith in the power of loving God and loving others. Watch where it takes us.

Has anyone ever spoken to God?
Only those who pray. ;)
Has God ever spoken to a human?
All the time, through the Holy Spirit who speaks in a very quiet voice.
So someone has recorded this?
The question is what would that actually look like, right?
So nobody has recorded this voice. Got it. Then you all must simply imagine it.
Are you expecting magic again, Taz?
I'm just going by what YOU said.

"the Holy Spirit who speaks in a very quiet voice"

So either god is speaking for real, or you're imagining it. Which is it?
We both know better what you meant, Taz. You dismiss and ridicule what you don't understand.

From my own personal experiences I have had revelations that when they popped into my head I instantly recognized that they were true. Mind you I am not describing religious revelations, but ordinary everyday kind of things about my ordinary everyday issues that I am confronted with. Usually they happen in the morning when I am in that halfway state of being asleep and being awake. There is only one time when we are not conscious of self and that is when we are asleep. So it makes perfect sense to me that that is the time I am most receptive to the spirit which binds us but is not a part of the material world. This is how I believe revelations work.

You keep worshiping yourself and I'll keep worshiping the creator of existence and we'll see who leads the the more harmonious and peaceful life.
So basically, you’re living in a dreamworld.
Like I said before... You keep worshiping yourself and I'll keep worshiping the creator of existence and we'll see who leads the the more harmonious and peaceful life.
You're worshipping a fantasy. If that brings you peace, I'm not against that.
How do you know?
Because you've shown no empirical proof for your invisible magician.

I feel like I am hopelessly wicked without God. I also feel that God has not chosen me for anything. I feel that God chose people that He liked a lot more than me and takes no interest in me being a part of His will. If God would have called me then I would be His best friend now but it is obvious that He didn’t. Just as the saints are preserved, my fate is sealed as well. I will be tortured for an eternity due to my helplessly fallen state. This is my TULIP theory but I have an alternate theory that the God of the Bible does not exist. Which do you guys think it is? God hates my ever loving guts? or God doesn’t exist?
You have mental health issues. Abandonment, delusions, self-loathing... Go for a tune up.

Never heard of Calvinism?
I bet he needs a mental tune-up as well.

^"Trust me."
Pretty much. Like we have to trust those who say if we can let go of the edge of the pool, we can learn to swim, and that the laws of physics in use in a roller coaster ride will result in an exciting ride but with a safe finish. Have faith in the power of loving God and loving others. Watch where it takes us.
Why? People keep drowning like crazy every year just because they blindly trust some idiot to operate a boat safely. Roller coasters do derail on occasion and many hate them after giving it a try. Shit happens. No kidding. That's life. Being bothered with "God" adds nothing to the mix.

Why? People keep drowning like crazy every year just because they blindly trust some idiot to operate a boat safely. Roller coasters do derail on occasion and many hate them after giving it a try. Shit happens. No kidding. That's life. Being bothered with "God" adds nothing to the mix.
I got it! No swimming, no roller coaster rides, no God in your life. :) I am betting you are loving lock downs. ;)

Only those who pray. ;)

We both know better what you meant, Taz. You dismiss and ridicule what you don't understand.

From my own personal experiences I have had revelations that when they popped into my head I instantly recognized that they were true. Mind you I am not describing religious revelations, but ordinary everyday kind of things about my ordinary everyday issues that I am confronted with. Usually they happen in the morning when I am in that halfway state of being asleep and being awake. There is only one time when we are not conscious of self and that is when we are asleep. So it makes perfect sense to me that that is the time I am most receptive to the spirit which binds us but is not a part of the material world. This is how I believe revelations work.

You keep worshiping yourself and I'll keep worshiping the creator of existence and we'll see who leads the the more harmonious and peaceful life.
Like I said before... You keep worshiping yourself and I'll keep worshiping the creator of existence and we'll see who leads the the more harmonious and peaceful life.
How do you know?
Untrue. The existence of God can be known through the light of human reason by examining what He created. What you mean to say is that you reject all evidence for God. There is no evidence you will accept as proof of God's existence. And then there is Jesus Christ.

What would it take to assure you that God is real and God cares about you?

The same way you would prove you are real. I would want Him to stand right in front me me and say, “hi”. That would convince me.
Why should convincing you be important exactly?
Because people like you say that god kingdom is so fantastic, I want to see it for myself. But so far, nothing but goose eggs.
Then go and find it. No one is stopping you but you.

Only those who pray. ;)

How do you know?
Untrue. The existence of God can be known through the light of human reason by examining what He created. What you mean to say is that you reject all evidence for God. There is no evidence you will accept as proof of God's existence. And then there is Jesus Christ.
But no one knows who, how or why the universe was created. I'd accept real, tangible empirical evidence. And you don't have that. For you, it's "my magical invisible friend exists because the universe exists. And my invisible friend cares how we live our live, well... just because."

The same way you would prove you are real. I would want Him to stand right in front me me and say, “hi”. That would convince me.
Because people like you say that god kingdom is so fantastic, I want to see it for myself. But so far, nothing but goose eggs.
Nobody has any idea where to send me, or go themselves.

Only those who pray. ;)

How do you know?
But no one knows who, how or why the universe was created. I'd accept real, tangible empirical evidence. And you don't have that. For you, it's "my magical invisible friend exists because the universe exists. And my invisible friend cares how we live our live, well... just because."
The just because is because virtue is logical, taz. As for your failure to investigate the only evidence you will ever have until you enter into a relationship with the Creator, that's on you.

And then there is Jesus Christ.

I had no problem.

Only those who pray. ;)

How do you know?
The just because is because virtue is logical, taz. As for your failure to investigate the only evidence you will ever have until you enter into a relationship with the Creator, that's on you.

And then there is Jesus Christ.
None of what you said is empirical proof. So you still have nothing but a fantasy.

I had no problem.
But you made it up.

I feel like I am hopelessly wicked without God. I also feel that God has not chosen me for anything. I feel that God chose people that He liked a lot more than me and takes no interest in me being a part of His will. If God would have called me then I would be His best friend now but it is obvious that He didn’t. Just as the saints are preserved, my fate is sealed as well. I will be tortured for an eternity due to my helplessly fallen state. This is my TULIP theory but I have an alternate theory that the God of the Bible does not exist. Which do you guys think it is? God hates my ever loving guts? or God doesn’t exist?
You have mental health issues. Abandonment, delusions, self-loathing... Go for a tune up.

Never heard of Calvinism?
I bet he needs a mental tune-up as well.

He has been dead for over 500 years and is considered to be the greatest theologian to ever live.

Just tell us how you found God so that we can use the same method. It turns out this is quite a complicated process for some reason.

Have you ever considered that God hates some people and loves others? (Like the Bible says). If God hates me then He probably doesn’t want me to find Him.

John Calvin is considered the greatest theologian of all times. John Calvin taught that God chooses some and ignores others. His theology actually makes sense and is consistent with the observation of myself and many atheists.

You seem to be an amateur theologian with a theology that makes no sense whatsoever. Are you sure that you and Calvin knew the same god?

Your theology is lacking an explanation for why God reveals Himself to you but refuses to reveal Himself to me. Calvinism explains it plainly and clearly.

Last edited:
Just tell us how you found God so that we can use the same method.
Serve God in little actions.

I can do that whether He exists or not. I could follow the Bible 99% of the way and live a good life that benefits others but that comes with a guarantee.

If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. 1 Corinthians 15:19

Apparently I have to be dumb enough to believe in a magical afterlife or Christianity will not yield its full benefit.

Christianity is not just a kick ass philosophical system with strong similarities with stoicism but Christianity is full blown psychological therapy as well. I get it but that doesn’t mean God exists. It just means resigning your mind feels good. That explains why so many people fall for it hook, line, and sinker. I could but I worry it would hinder the ambitious side of my existence.

Last edited:
I can do that whether He exists or not. I could follow the Bible 99% of the way and live a good life that benefits others but that comes with a guarantee.
Perfect! You have found eternal life, a life of serving God and others. This life begins here and extends into the afterlife. What more are you looking for? (This is a serious question.)

Forum List

Back