Turn your neighbor in to Obama

August 7th, 2009 by jacob

If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to [email protected].

[email protected] — Report Your Neighbor | novatownhall blog

This sounds a little like communism to me.

The first paragraph reads:

The White House is violating the 1974 ‘Privacy Act’, and its amendment in 1977. Obama’s administration is behaving in a criminal manner by asking people to report their neighbor voicing ‘fishy’ information regarding health care. The 1977 amendment makes such a request illegal.

If it's so definitely criminal he should be impeached. Otherwise, just more partizan b/s.

My neighbor says Obama's Health Care Plan is a pure work of crap and Obama himself is a moron. I'd love to report him but I happen to agree with him.

The only thing Obama is asking is for us to report e-mails, gossip, forum posts, and whatever else we might find that misrepresents the Health Care Reform Bill. They are not asking for names, e-mail adresses or anything like that. They want to know what rumors are out there, so that they may be de-bunked. They are simply trying to clear the air, and keep this debate as factual as possible. Comparing Obama or health care reform to Nazziism is ridiculous. He's not trying to spread lies and rumors, he is trying to stop them. When did Hitler or the Nazi party ever do that? Hitler did, however, use lies, myths and rumors to further his political career, much the same way Republicans are now using lies, myths and rumors about the so called "turn your neighbor in" website to discredit Obama and the Democratic party. America, please do not fall for this Republican propoganda. Republicans have been using fear to control the masses for too long. Yes, I have read 1984, and I understand it. 1984 is a work of fiction that represents one man's vision of what the world would be like under complete government control. It is not factual, nor is it based on fact. It is a slippery slope to refer to Democrats or Obama as "big brother". It's time to wake up to reality!!! Health Care Reform has been a long time coming, and to put it off any longer could be devastating! WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!

CLICK YOUR HEELS TOGETHER--THROW YOUR RIGHT HAND UP IN THE AIR & SAY:

Hile OBAMA

Hey--we'll probably get another Czar for this one--with about another 8 million government workers "watching the 52% of the American population that are opposed to his health care bill."

What a piece of work this administration is--LOL

BTW--I think it would be real funny if this web-site got millions of pictures of FISH--jokes about fish & fishing tales. Might happen?

Last edited:
The only thing Obama is asking is for us to report e-mails, gossip, forum posts, and whatever else we might find that misrepresents the Health Care Reform Bill. They are not asking for names, e-mail adresses or anything like that. They want to know what rumors are out there, so that they may be de-bunked. They are simply trying to clear the air, and keep this debate as factual as possible. Comparing Obama or health care reform to Nazziism is ridiculous. He's not trying to spread lies and rumors, he is trying to stop them. When did Hitler or the Nazi party ever do that? Hitler did, however, use lies, myths and rumors to further his political career, much the same way Republicans are now using lies, myths and rumors about the so called "turn your neighbor in" website to discredit Obama and the Democratic party. America, please do not fall for this Republican propoganda. Republicans have been using fear to control the masses for too long. Yes, I have read 1984, and I understand it. 1984 is a work of fiction that represents one man's vision of what the world would be like under complete government control. It is not factual, nor is it based on fact. It is a slippery slope to refer to Democrats or Obama as "big brother". It's time to wake up to reality!!! Health Care Reform has been a long time coming, and to put it off any longer could be devastating! WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!

If you get or see something 'fishy' send it to the WHITE HOUSE. That means 'forward' which means you wouldn't HAVE to provide names, address, SS #'s, phones, credit, employer, etc. The feds can connect that.

That the far left doesn't get the dangers present with this is nothing less than astounding.

:doubt: You just don't get it. The only reason our country is falling apart is because the government no longer listens to us, the people, they don't even care about Democrat or Republican, if you think they do you haven't been paying attention.

Bullshit.

The country falling apart? When do you suppose this will happen? You chicken little types have been crying that bullshit for a couple hundred years now.

The government listens to the people more now than it ever has. Especially on a Federal level.

Tell you what, why don't you demonstrate for us way back when the government listened to the people more than it does now.

Was it when women couldn't vote? Did the government listen more then?

Was it when blacks couldn't vote? Did the government listen more then?

Was it before radio, TV, the internet? Did they listen more then?

People PROSTESTED in all of those scenarios and gave the government no choice, the elected officials got nervous about their future employment. You're the one in this thread bashing on people who are protesting b/c you don't agree with them. You're a typical leftist hypocrit.

Yes they did protest. They faced arrest and hoses and dogs and public ridicule.

I am not bashing the protesters. I fully support the right of protest. I just think it's cute that the right doesn't know about how the government handles protesters. And actually, I am not a government health care supporter. I think I've said that a couple times now.

Once you carry a sign, wear a certain T Shirt or display a certain bumper sticker, you get labeled as a protester. That's how the police and secret service handle you then. We set up designated protest zones so that protesters do not interfere with the citizens who are having a meeting. I know it sucks but the right isn't going to be treated different because they are the right. The fact that the right is just realizing what happens to protesters is not only cute as hell, but it demonstrates that these people haven't been offended enough to protest EVER. Otherwise, they would know.

Ask anyone who protested Vietnam, Civil Rights, gay rights, womens rights, Iraq, Bush......

If you are going to protest and make plans to disrupt meetings and stuff, you have to be prepared to get arrested and hosed and beat up a little. We've been handling rowdy protesters that way for years. You don't get any special treatment because you think your issue is more important. If you don't think we should treat protesters this way, where have you been for the last 40 years or so?

Bullshit.

The country falling apart? When do you suppose this will happen? You chicken little types have been crying that bullshit for a couple hundred years now.

The government listens to the people more now than it ever has. Especially on a Federal level.

Tell you what, why don't you demonstrate for us way back when the government listened to the people more than it does now.

Was it when women couldn't vote? Did the government listen more then?

Was it when blacks couldn't vote? Did the government listen more then?

Was it before radio, TV, the internet? Did they listen more then?

People PROSTESTED in all of those scenarios and gave the government no choice, the elected officials got nervous about their future employment. You're the one in this thread bashing on people who are protesting b/c you don't agree with them. You're a typical leftist hypocrit.

I am not bashing the protesters. I fully support the right of protest. I just think it's cute that the right doesn't know about how the government handles protesters. And actually, I am not a government health care supporter. I think I've said that a couple times now.

Once you carry a sign, wear a certain T Shirt or display a certain bumper sticker, you get labeled as a protester. That's how the police and secret service handle you then. We set up designated protest zones so that protesters do not interfere with the citizens who are having a meeting. I know it sucks but the right isn't going to be treated different because they are the right. The fact that the right is just realizing what happens to protesters is not only cute as hell, but it demonstrates that these people haven't been offended enough to protest EVER. Otherwise, they would know.

Ask anyone who protested Vietnam, Civil Rights, gay rights, womens rights, Iraq, Bush......

If you are going to protest and make plans to disrupt meetings and stuff, you have to be prepared to get arrested and hosed and beat up a little. We've been handling rowdy protesters that way for years. You don't get any special treatment because you think your issue is more important. If you don't think we should treat protesters this way, where have you been for the last 40 years or so?

Hmm, are those old folks setting off bombs? Are they disrupting the flow of needed government goods? Are they preventing people from getting to work? Are they attacking the police?

I guess under USC 552 this request by Obama is illegal.

Its a "rumor" I heard i'm reading up on US code 552 now trying to find where it says that.

According to 5 U.S.C. § 552a, United States agencies, including the Executive Office of the President shall, “maintain no record describing how any individual exercises rights guaranteed by the First Amendment unless expressly authorized by statute or by the individual about whom the record is maintained or unless pertinent to and within the scope of an authorized law enforcement activity.

Does this help ya?

US CODE: Title 5,552a. Records maintained on individuals

Stupid ass. The request is for the rumors, specifically not for names. But you lying hypocrites will continue to spew you lies.

Hey leave my ass out of this ..ok? You should really learn to control your homosexual desires.

In the statute I provided please highlight where it states that only names are applicable. Is an email account and all the information that can be derived from it not an individual record? Is casual conversation protected free speech under the 1st Amendment ?

So, if you send a forwarded email from a concerned citizen expressing views on Obama's healthcare plan that you deem "fishy" to the address the Whitehouse provided. Not only do they have a record of your account but also of the fowarded account. And that record would then be maintained by the Whitehouse and in said record would be the individuals opinion which is protected free speech under the aforementioned 1st Amendment. Which is in direct violation of the law as laid out in the statute I also provided.

Anymore asinine remarks?

Last edited:
Again, you resort to mind reading. 1) My feelings are not hurt. 2) I did read the whole thing. I read and comprehended the entire article long before you created the post highlighting different parts of the article. I did not feel the need to comment on each sentence. Sheesh.

Hey! In one of your posts, you posted a link to the article, “Biased PolitiFact.com Covers for ACORN, Attacks Michele Bachmann”. Biased PolitiFact.com Covers for ACORN, Attacks Michele Bachmann | NewsBusters.org

Yet, you did not paraphrase any parts of the article. Did you read the article? Wait. That is not what I meant to ask. Where are your comprehension skills? One sentence in the article says, “Reporter Robert Farley sets the tone for the piece in his first paragraph, writing that "Bachmann's latest outrage focuses on an old nemesis: ACORN." What poor comprehension you have!

Lonestar_logic......hmmmm....logic...LOL ROTFL - What a misnomer! Go back to high school and take some actual courses in logic.

Read your Mind? Hell you put it out there for everyone to see nancy. And quite honestly you're not as smart as you pretend.

I see your kind everyday.. all hat but no cattle.

Tell you what, why don't you try changing the subject to get you off the hook for your inability to fucking read!?!? Oh wait... that's what you're doing now! Silly me.

Yea I read the article. And it supported the argument I was making very well.

You have to do better than that Nancy, your insults are weak and about twenty years old.

No. You may have read the article but you certainly didn't comprehend the article. Otherwise, why did I have to quote some of it for you? Don't you get it? It is the same ill logic you tried to play on me.

Hey stupid, the article was not the basis for my argument. it was presented to support my argument that Politifact was indeed biased.

I certainly hope your stupidity doesn't reflect the direction society is heading. Because if it is, we're in big fucking trouble.

Let me ask you this, do you not have a problem with the govt. being privy to your private conversations?

Hmm, are those old folks setting off bombs? Are they disrupting the flow of needed government goods? Are they preventing people from getting to work? Are they attacking the police?

Don't know.

What I do is that they are protesters. And they will be placed where the police and the politicians need them to be in order to maintain safety and be as far out fo ear shot as possible so no one has to hear them. They can, of course, leave the designated area or sidewalk and risk arrest. That what we do to protesters that don't stand in the designated protest area.

Here is one of those vicious code pink girls getting bashed on the public sidewalk. When the cops tell you to move.....well, I don't suggest any lip...Later she is arrested.....your guess is as good as mine.

DNC Protests: CodePink protester is slammed to the ground by police in Denver : Related : The Rocky Mountain News

CODEPINK : "Codepink 10" Arrested New Year's Day At Peace Vigil To Honor 3,000 Dead American Soldiers; Golden Gate Bridge Closed To All Pedestrians And Bicycles

10 of the code pink girls are arrested for attempting to walk across the Golden Gate bridge.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aAU76bqL4Y]YouTube - Code Pink removed from Petraeus hearing[/ame]

More Code pink arrest.

If you organize as a group of protesters, you are not allowed to speak just anywhere you please. You will be arrested. Especially if you make your plans to yell and shout at public meetings right out in the open where everyone can see it coming. They'll be ready for you and you will be arrested. You don't get to claim that you are just a concerned American, YOU ARE A PROTESTER and you will be treated as such.

If you are going to attempt to attend public meetings and yell and shout, be ready to get arrested. That's what we do to protesters. Always have.

Don't know.

What I do is that they are protesters. And they will be placed where the police and the politicians need them to be in order to maintain safety and be as far out fo ear shot as possible so no one has to hear them. They can, of course, leave the designated area or sidewalk and risk arrest. That what we do to protesters that don't stand in the designated protest area.

Here is one of those vicious code pink girls getting bashed on the public sidewalk. When the cops tell you to move.....well, I don't suggest any lip...Later she is arrested.....your guess is as good as mine.

DNC Protests: CodePink protester is slammed to the ground by police in Denver : Related : The Rocky Mountain News

CODEPINK*:*"Codepink 10" Arrested New Year's Day At Peace Vigil To Honor 3,000 Dead American Soldiers; Golden Gate Bridge Closed To All Pedestrians And Bicycles

10 of the code pink girls are arrested for attempting to walk across the Golden Gate bridge.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aAU76bqL4Y]YouTube - Code Pink removed from Petraeus hearing[/ame]

More Code pink arrest.

If you organize as a group of protesters, you are not allowed to speak just anywhere you please. You will be arrested. Especially if you make your plans to yell and shout at public meetings right out in the open where everyone can see it coming. They'll be ready for you and you will be arrested. You don't get to claim that you are just a concerned American, YOU ARE A PROTESTER and you will be treated as such.

If you are going to attempt to attend public meetings and yell and shout, be ready to get arrested. That's what we do to protesters. Always have.

There were rules there, they were broken. Now I'd imagine that these 'town hall meetings' could be restricted to only constituents of the Congressperson, id's could be checked. I wonder how many of the 'anti-message' will pass muster, vs the 'hitting back' folks?

Good idea.

Don't know.

CODEPINK*:*"Codepink 10" Arrested New Year's Day At Peace Vigil To Honor 3,000 Dead American Soldiers; Golden Gate Bridge Closed To All Pedestrians And Bicycles

More Code pink arrest.

Those pink hats did add a nice touch.. Don't ya think?

This wasn't a public town meeting so what is your point?

Don't know.

More Code pink arrest.

There were rules there, they were broken. Now I'd imagine that these 'town hall meetings' could be restricted to only constituents of the Congressperson, id's could be checked. I wonder how many of the 'anti-message' will pass muster, vs the 'hitting back' folks?

Good idea.

Well yes it's a good idea. I've only tried to give good advice here. The fact that the right doesn't understand the basics of protesting is amusing and troubling, at the same time.

Yes Annie, it's a good idea to not let on to what you are doing before hand. You'll have a better chance of getting into the meeting. If you look like a protester, you'll probably never get in. Once you are in, protest away but know that you are going to be dragged out.

Jesus.....I can't beleive I am having this conversation.

IF YOU GO TO A PROTEST, BE PREPARED TO GET ARRESTED. HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

Don't know.

More Code pink arrest.

Good idea.

And no, rules don't even have to be broken. Just announce that you want to break them The Code Pink girls never did walk across the Golden Gate bridge. They just showed up and WANTED to walk across. Never set foot on the bridge. Arrested.

Look, if the right is serious about protesting, they have to be committed. If you follow all the rules, you'll never be heard and never effect change. That's what we do. We send the protesters down the street. If you expect to actually be heard, you're going to have to break the rules and that means there will be arrest.

I'm just telling you how it is. We've been fucking with protesters for years. It isn;t going to stop now becasue it's your issue.

Don't know.

More Code pink arrest.

The point is that protesters get arrested.

This isn't that hard to understand.

Read your Mind? Hell you put it out there for everyone to see nancy. And quite honestly you're not as smart as you pretend.

I see your kind everyday.. all hat but no cattle.

Tell you what, why don't you try changing the subject to get you off the hook for your inability to fucking read!?!? Oh wait... that's what you're doing now! Silly me.

Yea I read the article. And it supported the argument I was making very well.

You have to do better than that Nancy, your insults are weak and about twenty years old.

No. You may have read the article but you certainly didn't comprehend the article. Otherwise, why did I have to quote some of it for you? Don't you get it? It is the same ill logic you tried to play on me.

Hey stupid, the article was not the basis for my argument. it was presented to support my argument that Politifact was indeed biased.

I certainly hope your stupidity doesn't reflect the direction society is heading. Because if it is, we're in big fucking trouble.

Whatever.

The bottom line:

JUST BECAUSE I DID NOT COMMENT ON THE REST OF THE ARTICLE DOES NOT MEAN THAT I DID NOT READ NOR COMPREHEND THE REST OF THE ARTICLE.​

You erroneous presumptive jerk.

Whatever.

The bottom line:

JUST BECAUSE I DID NOT COMMENT ON THE REST OF THE ARTICLE DOES NOT MEAN THAT I DID NOT READ NOR COMPREHEND THE REST OF THE ARTICLE.​

You erroneous presumptive jerk.

Your concession is duly noted.

Don't know.

YouTube - Code Pink removed from Petraeus hearing

More Code pink arrest.

The point is that protesters get arrested.

This isn't that hard to understand.

I see your point but I think that you gave a poor example. I think that this is a better example. Protestors were being escorted from a public out-door gathering on Independence Day while Bush was giving a speech. Isn’t it somewhat hypocritical that in the speech he mentions supporting freedom of speech?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSOn9L-Rx-4&NR=1]YouTube - Freedom of speech? - Bush Heckled "war criminal"[/ame]

Forum List

Back