🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Turns Out Obamacare Premiums Aren't More Expensive After All

There are two two types of Exchanges the type used by Small Group are called "SHOP" Exchanges

But but but but but but BENGHAAAAZI :badgrin:

140514-another-obamacare-myth-bites-the-dust.jpg

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/turns...3900650.html?soc_src=mediacontentsharebuttons

When the cost of an employer-provided health insurance plan is compared to the cost of an Affordable Care Act plan bought on a state health insurance exchange, the ACA plan will be more affordable on average, a new analysis from PricewaterhouseCoopers' Health Research Institute finds.

"In 2014, the premiums for health plans offered on new state exchanges under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) are comparable to — and in some cases lower than — those being offered by employers with similar levels of coverage," the analysts concluded. "The data suggest the new exchanges are competitive with the current insurance market."

I love it, instead of comparing the plans available for individuals now with the plans that individuals used to be able to get, which shows that they are considerably more expensive, they compare them to employee plans that offer considerably more benefits and better networks, and declare that they are actually less expensive. Only a democrat could fall for this one.

a kid i know got the obamacares

the other day he went to the doc

expected to see some benefit

what he got was the right to pay full for the office visit

and full price for the meds prescribed

his policy kicks in after the deductible is met

--LOL

How much is his deductible?

i didnt ask because i dont care

Because you heard what you wanted to hear rather than finding the truth?

however he seemed to think he was getting ripped off

Why? Did he compare and contrast different plans?

his says his twin brother decided not to get covered

and that he should have listened to him

So his brother didn't buy one and he shouldn't have bought because his brother didn't buy one. I'm getting visions of the creepy banjo kid in Deliverance.

deliverance.jpg

First, if they have access to a Group plan they don't go out on the Exchange to purchase an ACA individual Plan.

Second, MOST employers pay part of the Premiums for their Employees.

Third, the NEW plans are far more expensive than the old plans.

Go peddle your lies elsewhere.

Second: MOST employers that only pay for part of the premiums actually pay for ALL of the premium, deduct it, and add the employees share to profit or pocket it tax free.

Third: My employees premiums had a 3% cost rise for 2013. Mush better than the 200% raise during Bush.

When the cost of an employer-provided health insurance plan is compared to the cost of an Affordable Care Act plan bought on a state health insurance exchange, the ACA plan will be more affordable on average, a new analysis from PricewaterhouseCoopers' Health Research Institute finds.

Ummm, no.

Employer provided plan premiums are in many cases paid, mostly, by the employer.

I always thought employers provided health insurance as part of their compensation package in order to compete for the best employees, why do you think employer based health insurance is provided by an employer out of the kindness of their heart?

Because you heard what you wanted to hear rather than finding the truth?

Why? Did he compare and contrast different plans?

So his brother didn't buy one and he shouldn't have bought because his brother didn't buy one. I'm getting visions of the creepy banjo kid in Deliverance.

deliverance.jpg

none of that changes the fact that he is unhappy

about his coverage

But but but but but but BENGHAAAAZI :badgrin:

140514-another-obamacare-myth-bites-the-dust.jpg

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/turns...3900650.html?soc_src=mediacontentsharebuttons

"In 2014, the premiums for health plans offered on new state exchanges under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) are comparable to — and in some cases lower than — those being offered by employers with similar levels of coverage," the analysts concluded. "The data suggest the new exchanges are competitive with the current insurance market."

and those moochers who get their insurance from their company for free are complaing??? figures ...

"In some cases" = success?

Mine is more expensive. Lair.

Why?

he didn't go through the ACA he went through his insurance company ... then complains that he pays to much ... ask him, did you go through the ACA Mr. H. ??? he'll tell you no he didn't.... he'll tell you he didn't want his private information to get out ... serves him right at least that's what he said the last time ... of course he'll tell you different now ...

Some of those cost savings come from the exchange plans' narrower networks — that's fewer available doctors and hospitals to choose from.

But what about all those news stories about people whose premiums had shot way up? Those were often people whose pre-ACA insurance did not meet even the most basic standards set forth by the law.

"Often" is a codeword used to say "we can't make a statistical statement and we can't even say 'most' so we'll just say that it's more than one." That said, one of the "most basic standards" that plans did not cover was no-cost birth control. So if the non-compliant plan charged $50 for a pap smear and $10 per month for Previfem, it was lumped into this category.

So here's a direct statistical reference:

"More than half the people in the individual market had coverage below the bronze level of 60%, the lowest level in the exchanges."

About 20 of my current clients are single men that have had vasectomies. They have no need for a bronze level plan when it comes to birth control, and all of them had plans that were compliant in all other areas. The other issue is that this study did not delineate those with catastrophic policies, those with high deductibles but generous benefits beyond $5000. For a professional couple that has a decent emergency fund, this was a great option for health insurance. Under normal circumstances they got cash payment discounts because their deductibles were high and the insurance only kicked in for major medical issues. The premiums were low, they weren't locked into any small networks for routine care, and their overall value was actually greater than similar situations with people on employer plans that had a myriad matrix of co-payments.

one of the thing that OBAMA did when he was talking to the insurance companies on pricing, it was about birth control and costing the policy holder nothing... the Insurance companies came up with the Idea that they would rather charge the policy holders nothing for birth control... their reasoning was it a hell of a lot cheaper to give out birth control pill then it was to Pay for a pregnancy to full term ... Obama agreeded with them... according to the insurance companies, birth control pill, they aren't charging to the policy holder or pricing it in some other part of the policy ... that's what the insurance companies are saying ... so nice try ... try again

Why?

Well, you're a lair because you are an idiotic lost cause. Simple as that.

Go wax your Teslas, Cub Scout.

Why is yours more expensive? Is that a hard question?

Both my capital and my worth net to zero.

And in that I have everything.

so he's saying his income went up causing him to be in the 1 perenters and he has to pay more ... don't ya feel sorry for Mr. H??? I know I don't ... he's a whiner...

Last edited:

Why?

--LOL

and you are a first class Liar ... all plans, and I mean all of them, do not, I repeat do not charge you full price for a doctor visit ... not one of them... not one plan out their, I don't care what company you go to, charges you full price for your meds before your deductible is met... it doesn't work that way it never has ... deductibles are based on you having a operation of some kind ... they have never charged you for meds or going to the doctor ... so stop your lying

Why?

--LOL

and you are a first class Liar ... all plans, and I mean all of them, do not, I repeat do not charge you full price for a doctor visit ... not one of them... not one plan out their, I don't care what company you go to, charges you full price for your meds before your deductible is met... it doesn't work that way it never has ... deductibles are based on you having a operation of some kind ... they have never charged you for meds or going to the doctor ... so stop your lying

all plans, and I mean all of them,

you are full of shit

--LOL

i didnt ask because i dont care

however he seemed to think he was getting ripped off

why do you have to lie so much

Home » Individual Health and Family Plans » Plan Details
Avera Health Plans
Avera My $6,350Obamacare Plan in South Dakota

Deductible
The amount you owe for health care services your health insurance or plan covers before your health insurance or plan begins to pay. For example, if your deductible is $1,000, your plan won’t pay anything until you’ve met your $1,000 deductible for covered health care services subject to the deductible. The deductible may not apply to all services.

Avera MyPlan $6,350 - 2014 South Dakota Individual Health Insurance PPO Plan from Avera Health Plans

Forum List

Back