Two reasons why democrats hate using the word Republic when identifying America's political system.

That was his son's primary residence for bank purposes....tied to the bank Hunter got the money wired to....

It did not go to Joe, it did not go to Joe's house. Your claim is false and is still false.

The end. :thup:
No it wasn’t…he was living with his own family in Cali

Voting is democratic.
We vote.
We are a democratic republic.
I still can't care about the arbitrary labeling, and obligatory equivocation. The important questions are:

When is majority rule necessary? Is it always a good thing? When should it be prohibited? When should the majority be allowed to force its will on everyone else?

Republicans know they’re quite unpopular. They cling to anything that can minimize the people’s ability to get rid of them. Gerrymandering. Electoral college. Trying to reduce ballot measures. Using courts to prevent the opposing president from exercising his authority.

They want the power for themselves. Not the people.
Gibberish
Gerrymandering is a democratic thing
The electorial college protects the rights of smaller states in the election process
And the rest is pure bullshit.

I still can't care about the arbitrary labeling, and obligatory equivocation. The important questions are:

When is majority rule necessary? Is it always a good thing? When should it be prohibited? When should the majority be allowed to force its will on everyone else?
The constitution limits the majority’s authority. That’s the answer.

That's what happens in a Republic

Gibberish
Gerrymandering is a democratic thing
The electorial college protects the rights of smaller states in the election process
And the rest is pure bullshit.
Gerrymandering is very undemocratic. The electoral college is very undemocratic

Both distort and diminish some voters and promote others.

That’s not democratic. Thats how unpopular republicans maintain authority without the consent of the people.

If you really think America isn’t democratic, then don’t vote.
Why are you so Desperately trying to claim America is something it's not? No such institution exist in America's Republic as democratic elections. It's just a word you love using that doesn't exist in a Constitutional Federal Republic

Gerrymandering is very undemocratic. The electoral college is very undemocratic

Both distort and diminish some voters and promote others.

That’s not democratic. Thats how unpopular republicans maintain authority without the consent of the people.
Gerrymandering was created by democrats
You want democratic move to a country you think is one and try to make it into the image you want

The constitution limits the majority’s authority. That’s the answer.
But to what extent? That's where the disagreement lies. In general, Democrats want more democracy - less constitutional restrictions on majority rule.

I think majority rule is only appropriate in situations where it's truly necessary that we all conform to one decision. Otherwise, letting people do their own thing should be the default.

Last edited:
Why are you so Desperately trying to claim America is something it's not? No such institution exist in America's Republic as democratic elections. It's just a word you love using that doesn't exist in a Constitutional Federal Republic
All elections are democratic.

Gerrymandering was created by democrats
You want democratic move to a country you think is one and try to make it into the image you want
Republicans love gerrymandering and use it extensively, especially in state houses.

A republic isn’t very democratic when the elected officials can distort the system to maintain power without the consent of the public.

But to what extent? That's where the disagreement lies. In general, Democrats want more democracy - less constitutional restrictions on majority rule.

I think majority is only appropriate in situations where it's truly necessary that we all conform to one decision. Otherwise, letting people do their own thing should be the default.
Which is States Rghts. I wouldnt give a damn about Califirnia BS exceot them trying to push their BS nationwide

The majority sets policy. If they go beyond the Constitution then the SCOTUS steps in.

The minority should NOT be setting policy

Then you don’t know what the word democratic means.

Republicans abhor elections. That’s why they don’t want to admit this.
Funny shit their misinformed leftists. America is a Republic it is not democratic anything. The word democratic cannot be found anywhere in America's constitution

Then you don’t know what the word democratic means.

Republicans abhor elections. That’s why they don’t want to admit this.

Shit for brains I want to see hard facts and not something from what a leftist educator taught you. Where is the word democracy or democratic in the constitution?

One thing is clear.

Democratic elections can be very upsetting for losers who can't handle losing.

Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 4.14.34 PM.png

Forum List

Back