Two Year Old Shoots and Kills Pregnant Woman

Where was the dad? I bet it was an accidental discharge....but not by the two year old...

Again it's possible, but things like this have been known to happen around little kids. Two years old though is definitely highly debatable.

Again it's possible, but things like this have been known to happen around little kids. Two years old though is definitely highly debatable.

Their hands are small and to combine both holding the weapon and pulling the trigger is hard to believe

Where was the dad? I bet it was an accidental discharge....but not by the two year old...

The dad was at work according to the story. The pistol was lying on a night stand with one in the chamber, either the safety was off or in the case of some plunger-fired pistols, had no safety.

All the child had to to was grab the pistol with his finger on the trigger, and Boom. The child wouldn't have necessarily had to pick up the pistol. Even lying on its side on a night stand, it could be fired by just touching the trigger hard enough.

How can she just have forgotten about the gun though. If that was my child I would be constantly thinking about making sure that it would never even be in eyesight of him, let alone have him get his hands upon it.
She was doing housework. She was carrying a child, and hormones are not always the friend of the person they influence. I'm leaving this thread to pray. Hope some of you do too if you haven't already.

She was doing housework. She was carrying a child, and hormones are not always the friend of the person they influence. I'm leaving this thread to pray.

I'm sorry but not sorry because I don't see any of that as a good excuse.

Ignorance is not a defense of a crime.
Tell me that, when judges turn loose all of their teams of paralegals who relentlessly scour the dusty tomes of legal precedent judges use to render judgment..

The dad was at work according to the story. The pistol was lying on a night stand with one in the chamber, either the safety was off or in the case of some plunger-fired pistols, had no safety.

All the child had to to was grab the pistol with his finger on the trigger, and Boom. The child wouldn't have necessarily had to pick up the pistol. Even lying on its side on a night stand, it could be fired by just touching the trigger hard enough.

Yeah, not buying it....

Since Moonglow isn't going to answer my question about "What crime was committed", I'll just leave this here..

It's from the icky Giffords website...

Child Access Prevention​

Ohio has no law that imposes a penalty on someone who fails to secure an unattended firearm and leaves it accessible to an unsupervised minor.

Child Access Prevention & Safe Storage in Ohio

So actually, no crime was committed. Nor could the father be charged with anything. LIke I said, this one is fucked up.

Child Access Prevention​

Ohio has no law that imposes a penalty on someone who fails to secure an unattended firearm and leaves it accessible to an unsupervised minor.

Child Access Prevention & Safe Storage in Ohio

So actually, no crime was committed. Nor could the father be charged with anything. LIke I said, this one is fucked up.

I live in Ohio and I was proud of it since it's a red state, but how did I not know this? Sad and sickening.

Yeah, not buying it....

I'm pretty sure it was just an accident. The father looks like a straight-forward guy on his Facebook page. No signs of anything unusual or anything that indicated issues in the family. I have no indication of what the pistol was, but a Glock has a trigger pull of 5 pounds.

But just out of curiosity, I went in the house and got my G19. I did a trigger job on it a couple years ago and got the pull weight down to about 3 pounds. After unloading it and setting it on the workbench in front of me, I couldn't get the trigger to release the plunger by putting the weight a 2 year-old child's finger would have, on the trigger. It still required that I exert some force to the grip.

So you could be onto something there.

Last edited:
The mother's 'deathbed confession' does not implicate the father or anyone else except the toddler. That being said, one wonders how a toddler can grab a gun, aim, point and shoot accurately enough to shoot someone in the back.

The mother's 'deathbed confession' does not implicate the father or anyone else except the toddler. That being said, one wonders how a toddler can grab a gun, aim, point and shoot accurately enough to shoot someone in the back.
Luck... She's a fickle mistress. And all her givings aren't necessarily of the "good" variety...

Hitting her in the back was a coincidence. How a 2 year-old managed to pull the trigger is a mystery. I don't know if many 2 year-old children are accustomed enough to a firearm to know how to operate one. Or whether they'd have the finger strength to pull the trigger.

TPM.jpg

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it was just an accident. The father looks like a straight-forward guy on his Facebook page. No signs of anything unusual or anything that indicated issues in the family. I have no indication of what the pistol was, but a Glock has a trigger pull of 5 pounds.

But just out of curiosity, I went in the house and got my G19. I did a trigger job on it a couple years ago and got the pull weight down to about 3 pounds. After unloading it and setting it on the workbench in front of me, I couldn't get the trigger to release the plunger by putting the weight a 2 year-old child's finger would have, on the trigger. It still required that I exert some force to the grip.

So you could be onto something there.

My theory is the father or someone else fired the weapon accidentally and the woman was trying to protect them

Thanks for doing the little experiment....

Aiming doesnt seel to have been part of the equation...

She likely didnt think it was a death bed confesson

Forum List

Back