U.S. Debt appears to be slowing

Lets look at the historic picture, shall we?
=======================================
t is commonly said that a President deserves some credit or blame for the economy’s performance only after he’s been in office about six months. On those terms, let’s measure Trump’s words against the record for real GDP growth over the last three quarters (July 2017 through March 2018). Over those quarters, GDP has grown at an annual rate of 2.6 percent. Comparing that pace to his last nine predecessors over comparable periods in their first terms, Trump here bests the four presidents who faced recessions in their first year in office (Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon). Trump’s other five predecessors came to office, as he did, during economic expansions. Among them, he’s tied for last place: Real GDP growth under Trump over the three quarters has lagged Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Lyndon Johnson and John Kennedy, and tied George H.W. Bush, as the data in the following table shows.
View attachment 226955
Trump lags behind his predecessors on economic growth

Wait, your partial stats don't show the true weakness of Obama's weakest recovery since WWII.

You Little Trumpsters, conveniently forget that the economy that Obama inherited was the biggest economic downturn, since the Great Depression.
And, you Little Trumpsters also conveniently forget, that Trump inherited a growing economy.
There is absolutely no comparison. Trump got a gift and Obama got a bag full of rocks,
When you Little Trumpsters go into your usual denial mode, it only cements how easily you are manipulated by bullshit.
Look, I have said this a multitude times, Obama didn't exactly hit the ground running when addressing the mess of an economy. I wasn't impressed at all. Which is why he didn't get my vote in 2012. That is called recognizing reality. Little Trumpsters have been fooled (what a surprise), into thinking Trumpster inherited a stagnant economy. He didn't.

conveniently forget that the economy that Obama inherited.....

I didn't forget that the recession ended in June 2009.
Before any of Obama's magic could fix the economy.
I didn't forget that despite adding $9.3 trillion to the debt,
he had the weakest recovery since WWII.

thinking Trumpster inherited a stagnant economy.

What was GDP growth in 2016?

Two charts tell the story.
Chart 1 compares industrial nations' recovery from the Great Recession.
Chart 2 Shows how deep the Great Recession of 2007 was compared with all recessions since 1948. Also note the recent recession have much more gradual recoveries.
The fact that these charts show, the US recovered better than other countries, Canada had the best recovery.
Second, you Little Trumps fail to realize how deep the Great Recession really was.
You can't compare what Obama inherited and what kind of economy Trump inherited. Factually. Obama inherited a deep recession and factually, Trump inherited a growing economy, that had been in the growth stage for 5 years.,
View attachment 227068

The fact that these charts show, the US recovered better than other countries,

Imagine how much better we'd have done if Obama wasn't such a moron.

Factually. Obama inherited a deep recession

Factually, the recession ended by June 2009.
That’s like trump calling his dad a moron. The truth is trump got $400 million from his father who swept up behind him.

Republicans left the country and the economy and foreign-policy a mass and Obama had to go in sweep up behind them.

t is commonly said that a President deserves some credit or blame for the economy’s performance only after he’s been in office about six months. On those terms, let’s measure Trump’s words against the record for real GDP growth over the last three quarters (July 2017 through March 2018). Over those quarters, GDP has grown at an annual rate of 2.6 percent. Comparing that pace to his last nine predecessors over comparable periods in their first terms, Trump here bests the four presidents who faced recessions in their first year in office (Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon). Trump’s other five predecessors came to office, as he did, during economic expansions. Among them, he’s tied for last place: Real GDP growth under Trump over the three quarters has lagged Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Lyndon Johnson and John Kennedy, and tied George H.W. Bush, as the data in the following table shows.
View attachment 226955

Wait, your partial stats don't show the true weakness of Obama's weakest recovery since WWII.

You Little Trumpsters, conveniently forget that the economy that Obama inherited was the biggest economic downturn, since the Great Depression.
And, you Little Trumpsters also conveniently forget, that Trump inherited a growing economy.
There is absolutely no comparison. Trump got a gift and Obama got a bag full of rocks,
When you Little Trumpsters go into your usual denial mode, it only cements how easily you are manipulated by bullshit.
Look, I have said this a multitude times, Obama didn't exactly hit the ground running when addressing the mess of an economy. I wasn't impressed at all. Which is why he didn't get my vote in 2012. That is called recognizing reality. Little Trumpsters have been fooled (what a surprise), into thinking Trumpster inherited a stagnant economy. He didn't.

Chart 2 Shows how deep the Great Recession of 2007 was compared with all recessions since 1948. Also note the recent recession have much more gradual recoveries.
The fact that these charts show, the US recovered better than other countries, Canada had the best recovery.
Second, you Little Trumps fail to realize how deep the Great Recession really was.
You can't compare what Obama inherited and what kind of economy Trump inherited. Factually. Obama inherited a deep recession and factually, Trump inherited a growing economy, that had been in the growth stage for 5 years.,
View attachment 227068

And Obama took office in Jan 2009

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Republicans have been borrowing from Social Security & Medicare to finance their massive spending spree!!! Now they want to slash Social Security & Medicare so the old people who paid into those surpluses can die in the streets.

Republicans have been borrowing from Social Security & Medicare to finance their massive spending spree!!!

What do you think has been sitting in the Trust Fund for the last 80 years?
You think something changed under Trump?

View attachment 227068

That’s like trump calling his dad a moron. The truth is trump got $400 million from his father who swept up behind him.

Republicans left the country and the economy and foreign-policy a mass and Obama had to go in sweep up behind them.

The truth is trump got $400 million from his father

Link?

View attachment 227068

I know he was magic, but what do you feel he did to turn the economy around in 5 months?

View attachment 227068

I know he was magic, but what do you feel he did to turn the economy around in 5 months?

He did nothing to turn it around, he just had to deal with the aftermath and did a shitty job of that.

View attachment 227068

He did nothing to turn it around, he just had to deal with the aftermath and did a shitty job of that.

Glad you agree.

View attachment 227068

Link?
Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes as He Reaped Riches From His Father

Has the idiot who started this thread apologized for being so stupid as to claim our debt is slowing?

View attachment 227068

Glad you agree.

It has never been Obama we disagree on, just Trump

View attachment 227068

Link?

Times investigation found that he received at least $413 million in today’s dollars

Thanks, I knew your claim was a lie.

How does this make Obama any less of a moron?

View attachment 227068

Link?

Times investigation found that he received at least $413 million in today’s dollars

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Obaaaaaaaaammmmmmaaaaaaa! :lol:

You are one of the rubes I was talking about in post 37.

View attachment 227068

Link?

That also does not take into account the fact the company he still runs was given to him, along with all its assets but some apartment buildings sold to share with the siblings

View attachment 226955

View attachment 227068

My, aren't you the Little Trumpster goose-stepper.
True, the Great Recession ended June, 2009. But can you show me one recession, where the recession's effects ended on the date the recession was declared over. Also, as expected, you totally disregard the depth of the recession.

View attachment 227068

True, the Great Recession ended June, 2009. But can you show me one recession, where the recession's effects ended on the date the recession was declared over. Also, as expected, you totally disregard the depth of the recession.

Whiney twat says what?

But can you show me one recession, where the recession's effects ended on the date the recession was declared over

Can you show me one recession since WWII where the recovery was weaker despite
$9.3 trillion in deficit spending?

Link?

upload_2018-11-6_13-39-2.jpeg

Link?

View attachment 227160
You poor thing. You can't stand for Trump to be criticized for anything. Not even for exploding our deficits.

Sadly, all you can do in Trump's defense is blubber the same thing over and over, "B-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Obama!"

Pathetic.

But you and I will meet again when you fulfill post 37.

Even though I have predicted it, you will still not be able to stop yourself.

It was approx. 10T when Obama was elected, and increased to approx. 20T when he left. Today it stands 21.689T.

Based on the increase since Trump took office, 6.9T will have been added after Trump serves 8 years. It's still going into the wrong direction, but at least there are signs of improvement.

The debt has expanded at a faster rate at this point of the cycle in history.

Republicans don’t care about the debt.

Of course, neither do the Democrats. But at least they don’t pretend to be fiscally responsible.

We need to cut spending by at least $1 trillion per year.

I’m sure the Dimms will do this after winning the house tonight.

:11_2_1043:

Forum List

Back