U.S. intel report identifies Russians who gave emails to WikiLeaks -officials

You're grabbing at straws there junior.

The hell I am. How do you reconstruct a "circuitous route" of custody from the GRU to Wikileaks 6 months AFTER the deeds? If congresscritters were SMART enough to ask that question (or the Giant Cheeto) , this little charade would be over by now..

Now if they assigned ASSETS to follow this trail back THEN -- why did the US not take measures to stop the release. There was a last minute effort to shut Assange up about 2 weeks before the election, but prior to that -- NOTHING..

And that conflicts with the initial assessment by the private agency that worked with FBI. Which laid the finger on CozyBear and FancyBear OUTSIDE the GRU as the most likely suspects.

How do you know they didn't track them at the time it happened? What did you expect them to do to stop it? Assassinate the delivery guy? Cause war during the election?

A phone call indicating that we KNEW the material was in Russian hands would be all that's neccessary.

Actually, I'll tell you why there was not active countermeasures. Because this type of data probing is what the world Intel Agencies do. And it's not suspicious at all. Because NO agency wants it's sources and methods tracked and therefore the info is KEPT to be used as "blackmail" or "leverage" in random future negotiations.

But if all those Monday Morning Quarterbacks at the head of the Intel Agencies KNEW that GRU and the KREMLIN had intent to influence to the elections back last June or July ---- they failed in assessing the need to intervene.

Again, what did you expect them to do? What could they do to intervene? Hell now they are coming forward and everyone says they are full of shit and lying. If they came out before the election everyone would have just said Obama was having them do it to try and help Hillary win and that it was all a lie... what did you expect them to do???

What they did do, was find out what was hacked, and then sit back and gather as much information as possible to build a strong case to be used.

Oh ... I expect them to wring their hands and scream "what do you expect us to do" in same whiny baby sort of way that YOU just did it of course. :lmao:

I told you in the last post. If intel was following the "circuitous route" and knew the Kremlin has a SPECIFIC INTENT to interfere with the election, a few choice words from Obama to Putin on the Red Phone would have stopped it cold. Because once you're TAGGED in esponiage, you'd be a fool to continue. Because you are just compromising MORE sources and methods by continuing the operation...

It helps to have a mild understanding of the "different rules" of the spy agencies.

You expected Obama to tell Putin to cut it out? You mean like he did?

Obama says he warned Putin to 'cut it out' over US election hacking

The right was thrilled with every bit of information that was released. Are you going to try to pretend that information had no effect on the election? If so, you're either stupid, or want to be seen as stupid.

Why don't you take it up with your candidate who was so fucking arrogant and stupid that she decided to use an unsecured server so she could avoid the FOIA laws of this country. Take it up with a aid of hers who was so stupid that he fell for a phishing scheme that my 10 year old daughter wouldn't fall for. The one thing that the release of the emails showed was that she was even less qualified to lead this country than the trumpster was.

You're floundering there kid. We're talking about Russia interfering in our elections, and your willingness to ignore that because your orange clown won. Why are you running from the subject of our conversation? Coward?

I'm not running from anything dipshit. It's you who are the one doing the shukin and jivin. You still haven't showed us how the evil russkis affected the election. It was pretty obvious that the shrilary bots couldn't care less the evil shit she was doing, and the trump bots were likewise immune to anything negative about him. So I am waiting for you to tell us who was affected by the email releases.

Do you think Russia interfered in our election, and if so, do you think it had any effect?

No.

You think Russia didn't interfere? In that case, you're to dumb to bother with. Have a good night.

Why don't you take it up with your candidate who was so fucking arrogant and stupid that she decided to use an unsecured server so she could avoid the FOIA laws of this country. Take it up with a aid of hers who was so stupid that he fell for a phishing scheme that my 10 year old daughter wouldn't fall for. The one thing that the release of the emails showed was that she was even less qualified to lead this country than the trumpster was.

You're floundering there kid. We're talking about Russia interfering in our elections, and your willingness to ignore that because your orange clown won. Why are you running from the subject of our conversation? Coward?

I'm not running from anything dipshit. It's you who are the one doing the shukin and jivin. You still haven't showed us how the evil russkis affected the election. It was pretty obvious that the shrilary bots couldn't care less the evil shit she was doing, and the trump bots were likewise immune to anything negative about him. So I am waiting for you to tell us who was affected by the email releases.

Do you think Russia interfered in our election, and if so, do you think it had any effect?

No.

You think Russia didn't interfere? In that case, you're to dumb to bother with. Have a good night.

How about you provide some, you know, evidence. Until then you can go hide under your rock.

"Vlad, of course...ummmm, uh, ummm.....I'll have a lot more uhh, umm, flexibility after the , uhh umm. election.......in the meanwhile, uh, uhmm.....cut it out with the uh uh uh uh uh,,,hacking and stuff. Knock it off, ok?"

179558699_zps70cc2531.jpg

Matthew
And how does any of this change the fact
where the SOURCE of the ORIGINAL CONTENT of the leaked emails came from?

Had anyone ALTERED the content, you might have an argument this manipulated the
election campaign beyond the fault of the people exposed.

Why is all the focus on the source of the leak
and not on the SOURCE OF THE CONTENT!!!

Or the fact that the Reuters story above says that BY OCTOBER -- it became clear to (apparently US Intel) -- but the FBI INFORMED the DNC that they were being probed almost SIX MONTHS before that !!!!!

It's awfully hard to recreate a chain of custody for the purloined data if the crime happened that long ago. Unless -- we've got wires into every nook and cranny of Russia and can play back 4 or 7 month old intel intercepts.

That's just it... CrowdStrike said they were called and started tracking the malware for months to see where it was sending the data. They knew it was there and didn't stop it, just so they could track it. They worked to get more information and not just jump the gun.

CrowdStrike was the group who said it DID not originate in the GRU.. Maybe those 2 bears were outside contractors.. But NO Intel Agency is gonna burn it's valuable sources and methods. And if Cozy and Fancy's fingerprints were the ones on it -- the GRU would NEVER compromise them as assets.

More likely Cozy and Fancy smells lots of Yankee Dollars for that information and found their OWN buyers.
Which would piss off the Russians like Snowden pissed off Clapper. Made a outright LIAR out of the clown didn't he?

I'm amazed that a keyboard warrior such as yourself is better able to figure out what happened better than very security agency we have can. Do you think Russia interfered in our elections, and if so, do you think that is OK?

I dedicated seven years of my life supporting US Intelligence efforts. Let's leave it at that.

If you say so. I was an astronaut and a lion tamer for 20 years. The difference is that I'll admit my claim is bullshit. If you're good with Russia interfering in our elections, you're as brain dead as westwall. My interactions with idiots are completed for the day.

Or the fact that the Reuters story above says that BY OCTOBER -- it became clear to (apparently US Intel) -- but the FBI INFORMED the DNC that they were being probed almost SIX MONTHS before that !!!!!

It's awfully hard to recreate a chain of custody for the purloined data if the crime happened that long ago. Unless -- we've got wires into every nook and cranny of Russia and can play back 4 or 7 month old intel intercepts.

That's just it... CrowdStrike said they were called and started tracking the malware for months to see where it was sending the data. They knew it was there and didn't stop it, just so they could track it. They worked to get more information and not just jump the gun.

CrowdStrike was the group who said it DID not originate in the GRU.. Maybe those 2 bears were outside contractors.. But NO Intel Agency is gonna burn it's valuable sources and methods. And if Cozy and Fancy's fingerprints were the ones on it -- the GRU would NEVER compromise them as assets.

More likely Cozy and Fancy smells lots of Yankee Dollars for that information and found their OWN buyers.
Which would piss off the Russians like Snowden pissed off Clapper. Made a outright LIAR out of the clown didn't he?

I'm amazed that a keyboard warrior such as yourself is better able to figure out what happened better than very security agency we have can. Do you think Russia interfered in our elections, and if so, do you think that is OK?

I dedicated seven years of my life supporting US Intelligence efforts. Let's leave it at that.

If you say so. I was an astronaut and a lion tamer for 20 years........

and you were a Republican too!!

:rofl:

The butthurt ones blaming Russia again... it never ends, will it?

You could just accept that Hillary lost because she was a loser...

I just want to know, were the e-mails falsified? were they made up?
or, was the material that was exposed real.

Would you like all your personal emails made public?
If my personal emails involved a real threat to you or your family in some way, would you want to know?
I might not want all of my personal e-mail made public, however if I was caught making those threats against you, could I then expect all of my emails to be off limits to anyone other than the intended party? Do you think at that point whoever is investigating my threats should go through every thing to make sure I didnt also threaten others? or maybe they would go through them to establish a real threat VS. a one time running of the mouth. Would you as the intended victim like to know if the threat was real. Or is my privacy more important to you than your own safety.
hillary was caught with certain documents on her computer, I think it is reasonable that all of her emails are scanned to see who she might have sent the information to, and to see how much more there was to link her to a threat against the nation.

In some cases, one official said, the material followed what was called “a circuitous route” from the GRU, Russia’s military intelligence agency, to WikiLeaks in an apparent attempt to make the origins of the material harder to trace, a common practice used by all intelligence agencies, including U.S. ones.

These handoffs, the officials said, enabled WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange to say the Russian government or state agencies were not the source of the material published on his website.

Time for Trump to wake up and stop playing the dog and pony show.

Who cares? I don't. Trump has made mistakes and will make plenty more. He was an imperfect canidate and will be an imperfect president. But Russian, Wikileaks or whomever exposed truths about that pantsuit bulldyke and the DNC that mattered to people who vote, and I'm glad they did.

SO who gets to show the same thing about the Republicans? Oh, that didn't come out. You're glad that didn't come out?

You know you are supporting a country which performed a cyber attack on the Dept. of Defence.... That is an act of war, that makes them the enemy...
Hackers penetrated Pentagon email

Wonder what kind of fits you would be in if a democrat took aide from the enemy...

In some cases, one official said, the material followed what was called “a circuitous route” from the GRU, Russia’s military intelligence agency, to WikiLeaks in an apparent attempt to make the origins of the material harder to trace, a common practice used by all intelligence agencies, including U.S. ones.

These handoffs, the officials said, enabled WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange to say the Russian government or state agencies were not the source of the material published on his website.

Time for Trump to wake up and stop playing the dog and pony show.

Who cares? I don't. Trump has made mistakes and will make plenty more. He was an imperfect canidate and will be an imperfect president. But Russian, Wikileaks or whomever exposed truths about that pantsuit bulldyke and the DNC that mattered to people who vote, and I'm glad they did.

SO who gets to show the same thing about the Republicans? Oh, that didn't come out. You're glad that didn't come out?

You know you are supporting a country which performed a cyber attack on the Dept. of Defence.... That is an act of war, that makes them the enemy...
Hackers penetrated Pentagon email

Wonder what kind of fits you would be in if a democrat took aide from the enemy...

What country am I supporting exactly?

Forum List

Back