🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

U.S. Muslims Concerned About Their Place in Society, but Continue to Believe in the American Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
question for you muslims on this thred. Back when I was young, the stereotype when you saw a young middle eastern male wasn't "terrorist", it was "rich party boy going to college on daddy's oil money till he's forty, living in the dorm and takin his buddies to the titty bar"......what happened to THOSE guys?

:lol:

I remember that stereotype from my college days!
its funny how stereotypes change. I remember here in texas, the redneck stereotype was "crew cut", now its long hair.

Ah yes... and the mullett....

Too much ignorance in your post and that explains the bigotry. Most Muslims in America are Sunnis, Kurds mostly are Sunnis.....aghhhhh!!!!

They won't do a poll on the subject at least not one I've been able to find, but find me an example of a prominent religious American Muslim who has condemned them, the left's new Muslim mouthpiece Linda "Sharia" Sarsour sure as hell hasn't.

Christians are diverse and extremely different from one another. Evangelicals are a HUGE proportion. Just accept the fact that American Muslims are right in the opinion mainstream. I know it sucks but that's what the data shows.

Poll: Majority of Religious Americans Support Gay Marriage
According to the poll, 42 percent of white evangelicals said they oppose allowing business to refuse services. Fifty-two percent of Mormons, 53 percent of Jehovah’s Witnesses, 60 percent of Muslims, 63 percent of Hispanic Catholics, and 72 percent of Jews said they are against allowing small business the right to refuse services.

Evangelicals do not make up the majority of Christians in this country, if memory serves they don't even make up the majority of Protestants.

Why don't you break the Muslims down by groups? I have no problem with most Kurds and Sufis which make up the majority of US Muslims and who for the most part are secular and liberal, it's the Sunni nut jobs you people want to import from Iraq, Syria, the Palestinian territories etc. that I have a huge problem with.

Assimilate or GTFO
well, I would say owning businesses and speaking English, paying taxes, etc is assimilating ok.
as a whole, the vast majority of muslims, at least here in the DFW, mind their own business. and if you mean assimilate as in quit wearing their traditional clothes(except for the full burka, I got a major problem with that), hell, their style looks better than half of the hipster fuckwads running around deep ellum and bishop arts
I said assimilate. You described assimilation. I fail to see the problem.

If they feel insecure about their place in America that is their problem. Ive worked for plenty of Muslims and they don't seem to have any problems so perhaps the ones that see the Boogeyman all the time are not assimilating.

Or the Bogeyman is the nutty altright trying to convince you they don't want to assimilate.

Assimilate or GTFO
well, I would say owning businesses and speaking English, paying taxes, etc is assimilating ok.
as a whole, the vast majority of muslims, at least here in the DFW, mind their own business. and if you mean assimilate as in quit wearing their traditional clothes(except for the full burka, I got a major problem with that), hell, their style looks better than half of the hipster fuckwads running around deep ellum and bishop arts

If they feel insecure about their place in America that is their problem. Ive worked for plenty of Muslims and they don't seem to have any problems so perhaps the ones that see the Boogeyman all the time are not assimilating.

Or the Bogeyman is the nutty altright trying to convince you they don't want to assimilate.
Im no fan of the alt right, but to me it seems that they are more hung up on jewish folks than muslim folks....now a lot of your more rabid trumpanzee types are a bit much on the whole muslim thing. That being said, There IS a serious issue with Islam in general right now, worldwide. he roots are dep and complicated, but the issue is there none the less..I mean , for christs sakes, dude, the BUDDHISTS are shooting at them!!

Assimilate or GTFO

There are plenty of people in this country who have no intentions of assimilating.

question for you muslims on this thred. Back when I was young, the stereotype when you saw a young middle eastern male wasn't "terrorist", it was "rich party boy going to college on daddy's oil money till he's forty, living in the dorm and takin his buddies to the titty bar"......what happened to THOSE guys?

:lol:

I remember that stereotype from my college days!
its funny how stereotypes change. I remember here in texas, the redneck stereotype was "crew cut", now its long hair.

Ah yes... and the mullett....
I actually have one, if you watched my vid about the castile shooting you can see it.

I'm still trying yo figure out how middle class Muslims can build 10 million dollar mosques.
I'm sure they're not being funded by Saudi Arabia.

In my city we have what you just called a 10 million dollar mosque, mostly it was financed by the Saudis, just like Trump and weapon manufacturers in the US. Saudis don't discriminate they finance everything.

I'm still trying yo figure out how middle class Muslims can build 10 million dollar mosques.

In my city we have what you just called a 10 million dollar mosque, mostly it was financed by the Saudis, just like Trump and weapon manufacturers in the US. Saudis don't discriminate they finance everything.

Thankfully the Saudis don't encourage Wahabiism.

Ask Trump they are BFFS..

Thankfully the Saudis don't encourage Wahabiism.

Hmm. Didn't Islam successfully attack America when the Nazis or Japanese couldn't? And like the parable of the scorpion that wants a ride on the back of the turtle to cross a river. Muslims are like that. I am more amazed there isn't more outrage at the nerve of Muslims. Fool me once, shame on me...I see what's going on in Europe. We in the west really need to examine freedom of religion, especially when it comes to Muslims.

Give it a try.
So after the natives, the Japanese, the blacks, the Latinos now you wanna humiliate the Muslims? Don't you give it a rest and live and let live like the majority of Muslims are trying to do everyday.

Hmm. Didn't Islam successfully attack America when the Nazis or Japanese couldn't? And like the parable of the scorpion that wants a ride on the back of the turtle to cross a river. . Muslims are like that. I am more amazed there isn't more outrage at the nerve of Muslims. Fool me once, shame on me...I see what's going on in Europe. We in the west really need to examine freedom of religion, especially when it comes to Muslims.

"Overall, Muslims...think their fellow Americans do not see Islam as part of mainstream U.S. society."

Actually, it’s conservative Americans who do not see Islam as part of mainstream U.S. society.

Muslim Americans should indeed fear Trump, just as they should fear the bigotry and hate common to most on the right.
can you explain what you mean jones?....

Give it a try.
So after the natives, the Japanese, the blacks, the Latinos now you wanna humiliate the Muslims? Don't you give it a rest and live and let live like the majority of Muslims are trying to do everyday.

Hmm. Didn't Islam successfully attack America when the Nazis or Japanese couldn't? And like the parable of the scorpion that wants a ride on the back of the turtle to cross a river. . Muslims are like that. I am more amazed there isn't more outrage at the nerve of Muslims. Fool me once, shame on me...I see what's going on in Europe. We in the west really need to examine freedom of religion, especially when it comes to Muslims.
Your post reminded me of something the late great Walter Cronkite once said (paraphrasing)" don't lump me into a group that I have nothing in common with other than this issue".

Well you are there up with the racists and the bigots according to your post. You are not different!!!

Give it a try.

Your post reminded me of something the late great Walter Cronkite once said (paraphrasing)" don't lump me into a group that I have nothing in common with other than this issue".

Hmm. Didn't Islam successfully attack America when the Nazis or Japanese couldn't? And like the parable of the scorpion that wants a ride on the back of the turtle to cross a river. Muslims are like that. I am more amazed there isn't more outrage at the nerve of Muslims. Fool me once, shame on me...I see what's going on in Europe. We in the west really need to examine freedom of religion, especially when it comes to Muslims.
---------------------------------------------------- good post , the work of muslims is right in front of Americans and other Westerners eyes MaryL.

We in the west need to scrutinize religion , since the likes of reverend Jim Jones has proven that religion is NOT above scrutiny and is a major criminal enterprise and more over, a major hate cult. Islam took that paradigm to a major new extreme. I don't know a good Muslim anymore than I know a good nazi. We need to reevaluate Islam as hate death cult given their actions in the last 15 years.

I am Muslim and on this very forum I have spoken out against the things extremist have done. What was the response? "You're practicing taqeeyah" "You're not practice Islam properly if you're against extremism "
I want to personally THANK YOU for NOT FOLLOWING the "perfect man," MudHamMud (my piss be upon him).

Or at least CLAIMING not to.

Last edited:
Latest Pew Poll....interesting. It's been ten years since the last poll on American Muslims and, like before...they aren't much different then other American demographics.

U.S. Muslims Concerned About Their Place in Society, but Continue to Believe in the American Dream

The early days of Donald Trump’s presidency have been an anxious time for many Muslim Americans, according to a new Pew Research Center survey. Overall, Muslims in the United States perceive a lot of discrimination against their religious group, are leery of Trump and think their fellow Americans do not see Islam as part of mainstream U.S. society.

At the same time, however, Muslim Americans express a persistent streak of optimism and positive feelings. Overwhelmingly, they say they are proud to be Americans, believe that hard work generally brings success in this country and are satisfied with the way things are going in their own lives – even if they are not satisfied with the direction of the country as a whole.

In addition, half of Muslim Americans say it has become harder to be Muslim in the U.S. in recent years. And 48% say they have experienced at least one incident of discrimination in the past 12 months.

But alongside these reports of discrimination, a similar – and growing – share (49%) of Muslim Americans say someone has expressed support for them because of their religion in the past year. And 55% think Americans in general are friendly toward U.S. Muslims, compared with just 14% who say they are unfriendly.

The Muslim population in the U.S. is growing and highly diverse, made up largely of immigrants and the children of immigrants from all across the world. Indeed, respondents in the survey hail from at least 75 nations – although the vast majority are now U.S. citizens. As a group, Muslims are younger and more racially diverse than the general population.

The survey also shows that Muslims largely share the general public’s concerns about religious extremism. Indeed, if anything, Muslims may be more concerned than non-Muslims about extremism in the name of Islam. Yet most Muslims say there is little support for extremism within the U.S. Muslim community, and few say they think violence against civilians can be justified in pursuit of religious, political or social causes.

While U.S. Muslims are concerned about extremism and overwhelmingly opposed to the use of violence against civilians, they also are somewhat mistrustful of law enforcement officials and skeptical of the integrity of government sting operations. About four-in-ten U.S. Muslims (39%) believe most Muslims who have been arrested in the U.S. on suspicion of plotting terrorist acts posed a real threat. But three-in-ten (30%) say law enforcement officers have arrested mostly people who were tricked and did not pose a real threat. And an additional three-in-ten volunteer that “it depends” or offer another response or no response. Views on this topic among the general public are less divided: A majority of U.S. adults (62%) say officers in sting operations have mostly arrested people who posed a real threat to others.

Muslims say their faith is not only about beliefs and rituals
The diversity of Muslims in the U.S. extends to religious beliefs and practices as well. While nearly all Muslims say they are proud to be Muslim, they are not of one mind about what is essential to being Muslim, and their levels of religious practice vary widely.

Most U.S. Muslims (64%) say there is more than one true way to interpret Islam. They also are more likely to say traditional understandings of Islam need to be reinterpreted in light of modern contexts (52%) than to say traditional understandings are all that is needed (38%).

Muslims also were asked whether each of eight actions and behaviors is an “essential” part of what being Muslim means to them, an “important but not essential” part or “not an important” part. Fully 85% of Muslims say believing in God is essential to what being Muslim means to them, more than say the same about any other item in the survey. And nearly three-quarters say “loving the Prophet Muhammad” is essential to what being Muslim means to them.

And:

Most Muslims say working for justice, protecting the environment among keys to what it means to be Muslim

No surprise to anyone who actually knows Muslims in America.

Like virtually every immigrant group- by third generation they are Football loving Americans who don't speak their grandparents language.

If Muslims were as bad as the bigots make them out to be- we would be having millions of murders by Muslims in America each year.....but we don't.

Because other than the religious wingnut minority- they want the same things as every immigrant here- a place to succeed, raise family, be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back