🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

U.S. Muslims Concerned About Their Place in Society, but Continue to Believe in the American Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Muslims were as bad as the bigots make them out to be- we would be having millions of murders by Muslims in America each year.....but we don't
And how many Muslims are living in America currently?

Approximately 3 million Muslims live in the United States.

Where is the Islamic murder spree happening?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------- fortunately its only 3 million . muslim Murder spree is happening in Europe , arab lands , africa , middle east currently plus see Orlando Pulse , San Bernadino , and other areas in the USA Syriusly .

I'm still trying yo figure out how middle class Muslims can build 10 million dollar mosques.
I'm sure they're not being funded by Saudi Arabia.
The vast majority of mosques built in America are small buildings or renovated houses turned into mosques. They are constructed by the local muslim community using fund raising activities over several years.

The large multi-million dollar mosques can take many years to build. The one I attend, the largest on the east coast, took 20 years from start to finish. Planning stage, city permits, buying the land, ground preparation, foundation poured, walls erected, roof, plumbing, etc. Each step in construction only took place as the the money was raised. Many times the partially built mosque set idle for months waiting for more money to be collected to continue with the next phase of construction.

Also not all muslims are middle class income earners. There are many muslim doctors, lawyers, dentists, businessmen, and other professionals, who have deep pockets and can contribute a significant sum of money towards the building of a large mosque. ..... :cool:
Visit NYC and Long Island.
The mosques are way too expensive for the neighborhoods to afford.
I don't even mind that Saudi Arabia builds them; it's the Wahabiism that concerns me.

Latest Pew Poll....interesting. It's been ten years since the last poll on American Muslims and, like before...they aren't much different then other American demographics.

U.S. Muslims Concerned About Their Place in Society, but Continue to Believe in the American Dream

The early days of Donald Trump’s presidency have been an anxious time for many Muslim Americans, according to a new Pew Research Center survey. Overall, Muslims in the United States perceive a lot of discrimination against their religious group, are leery of Trump and think their fellow Americans do not see Islam as part of mainstream U.S. society.

At the same time, however, Muslim Americans express a persistent streak of optimism and positive feelings. Overwhelmingly, they say they are proud to be Americans, believe that hard work generally brings success in this country and are satisfied with the way things are going in their own lives – even if they are not satisfied with the direction of the country as a whole.

In addition, half of Muslim Americans say it has become harder to be Muslim in the U.S. in recent years. And 48% say they have experienced at least one incident of discrimination in the past 12 months.

But alongside these reports of discrimination, a similar – and growing – share (49%) of Muslim Americans say someone has expressed support for them because of their religion in the past year. And 55% think Americans in general are friendly toward U.S. Muslims, compared with just 14% who say they are unfriendly.

The Muslim population in the U.S. is growing and highly diverse, made up largely of immigrants and the children of immigrants from all across the world. Indeed, respondents in the survey hail from at least 75 nations – although the vast majority are now U.S. citizens. As a group, Muslims are younger and more racially diverse than the general population.

The survey also shows that Muslims largely share the general public’s concerns about religious extremism. Indeed, if anything, Muslims may be more concerned than non-Muslims about extremism in the name of Islam. Yet most Muslims say there is little support for extremism within the U.S. Muslim community, and few say they think violence against civilians can be justified in pursuit of religious, political or social causes.

While U.S. Muslims are concerned about extremism and overwhelmingly opposed to the use of violence against civilians, they also are somewhat mistrustful of law enforcement officials and skeptical of the integrity of government sting operations. About four-in-ten U.S. Muslims (39%) believe most Muslims who have been arrested in the U.S. on suspicion of plotting terrorist acts posed a real threat. But three-in-ten (30%) say law enforcement officers have arrested mostly people who were tricked and did not pose a real threat. And an additional three-in-ten volunteer that “it depends” or offer another response or no response. Views on this topic among the general public are less divided: A majority of U.S. adults (62%) say officers in sting operations have mostly arrested people who posed a real threat to others.

Muslims say their faith is not only about beliefs and rituals
The diversity of Muslims in the U.S. extends to religious beliefs and practices as well. While nearly all Muslims say they are proud to be Muslim, they are not of one mind about what is essential to being Muslim, and their levels of religious practice vary widely.

Most U.S. Muslims (64%) say there is more than one true way to interpret Islam. They also are more likely to say traditional understandings of Islam need to be reinterpreted in light of modern contexts (52%) than to say traditional understandings are all that is needed (38%).

Muslims also were asked whether each of eight actions and behaviors is an “essential” part of what being Muslim means to them, an “important but not essential” part or “not an important” part. Fully 85% of Muslims say believing in God is essential to what being Muslim means to them, more than say the same about any other item in the survey. And nearly three-quarters say “loving the Prophet Muhammad” is essential to what being Muslim means to them.

And:

Most Muslims say working for justice, protecting the environment among keys to what it means to be Muslim
Any Muslim who believes that the Koran is the true word of god and believes that they should follow in the teachings of Muhammad, cannot truly believe in the American dream. They are polar opposites. The American dream is about freedom, equality of the sexes, following your own dreams, the advancement of science and the right to worship or not worship as you choose. Islam and its followers are about turning back mankind's clock to the seventh century, destroying anything considered un-Islamic, converting, oppressing, persecuting and killing those that are non-Muslim, stoning, chopping-off of appendages, subjugating women. Muslims are flocking here for one purpose, they are performing a "hijrah," migrating for the purpose of converting non-Muslim nations into Muslim nations. Non-Muslims that deny this are ignorant of Islam and Muslims who deny this are using "taqiyya" (deception), which is allowed against infidels to protect the religion.

So what if they do?
The large mosques are built by Saudi Arabia under the condition that they send the clerics who are the principles.
-------------------------------------------------------------------- Plus , imagine their calls tp prayer . And to you Issa , its all just friendly conversation and a bit of info , hopefully leading to reasons to stop importing YOU muslims Issa .
Why do you hate Issa?

So what if they do?
The large mosques are built by Saudi Arabia under the condition that they send the clerics who are the principles.
-------------------------------------------------------------------- Plus , imagine their calls tp prayer . And to you Issa , its all just friendly conversation and a bit of info , hopefully leading to reasons to stop importing YOU muslims Issa .
Why do you hate Issa?
------------------------------ don't hate him but he is muslim so i do not like his thinking or religion Coyote !!

So what if they do?
Why do you hate Issa?
------------------------------ don't hate him but he is muslim so i do not like his thinking or religion Coyote !!

But you don't know his thinking.

You don't really know him as a person.

I'm still trying yo figure out how middle class Muslims can build 10 million dollar mosques.

How do mega churches get built? :dunno:
The Vatican.
You'll notice that Protestants Churches look like hovels compared to Catholic Churches,

mmmmm don't think so...this is MEGA

12 Largest Mega-Churches In The U.S. | All The Right News
Wow! 12...knock me out.
Visit NYC and LI and you'll be able to compare Catholic vs Protestant.

I kinda like the smaller scale...you know...a grove in the woods, a few oak trees...no nearby humanity...and a chance to dance nekkid in the moonlight.

'issa' is a self admitted muslim so i do KNOW his thinking and reasoning Coyote .

The Vatican.
You'll notice that Protestants Churches look like hovels compared to Catholic Churches,

Wow! 12...knock me out.

I kinda like the smaller scale...you know...a grove in the woods, a few oak trees...no nearby humanity...and a chance to dance nekkid in the moonlight.
I'm sure the Bible Belt has tons of mega Protestant Churches.

The Vatican.

Wow! 12...knock me out.

Yup...

I suspect so...lots of money in religion these days.

The Vatican.

Wow! 12...knock me out.

Yup...

I suspect so...lots of money in religion these days.

Protestants built the USA so i expect there would be Protestant Churches Coyote ,

Importing? No honey we came with our choice and we are part of this country, deal with it bigot and more likely a racist too. Sucks to be you....cause I go with my day hating nobody for their beliefs of colors.

So what if they do?

feck the 'muslims' as i have to retire for the evening as the pig roast is almost done Coyote !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back