U.S vs England today at 2pm, who do I root for?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
It's easier this year as Canada qualified so I have a team to support. In this match though, who do I root for?

I am spiritually closer to the Americans, but genetically closer to the Brits. I have two England jerseys, no U.S ones.

Maybe I will root for a draw, but I will probably lean U.S even though they are big underdogs.

It's easier this year as Canada qualified so I have a team to support. In this match though, who do I root for?

I am spiritually closer to the Americans, but genetically closer to the Brits. I have two England jerseys, no U.S ones.

Maybe I will root for a draw, but I will probably lean U.S even though they are big underdogs.
You should stop being a pansy and watch a real sport.

If you have to ask "who to root for" I would posit you dont actually care. I dont have to ask who I want to win the WC because I couldnt care less who wins. But if I had a rooting interest, I wouldnt care who won a game between 2 teams that were not that interest. Why not just hope for a good competitive game as I assume you actually like soccer.

If Team America had not gone woke, I'd pull for them. Likely wouldnt' have watched, but it is what it is.

I can't bring Myself to root for England for anything, they're too far gone as a people.

So, root for Brazil if you must pull for a team. I hear they have hot women on warm beaches. :)

both are trash. when Grealish and Foden come on for England, the US will crumble

Another 0-0 tie, how exciting, 2 games, 1 goal for, 1 goal against. Can it get any more boring? I saved myself 2 plus hours of nothing.

Canada's a commonwealth country.

So be a rebel and cheer on your neighbors.

Got your wish! Was a great game for USA

You should stop being a pansy and watch a real sport.

Soccer can be brutal, I don't care what anyone says about it.

It takes a tremendous amount of fitness, stamina and coordination.

I played it for a lot of years, so I know all too well.

Last edited:
While soccer is fun to play,unless you're the goalie,it's about as exciting as watching paint dry as far as being a spectator goes.

Yeah, you're right about watching it. It is boring to watch.

I once saw our goal keeper get his shin broken in two. It happened right in front of me. He was a senior, too. Spent his entire senior year on crutches.

Forum List

Back