🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ugh! The S Word

Anybody else getting any snow yet? It's not even Thanksgiving and I was sort of hoping that it would at least wait until the day after.
We got 2" on Nov. 9. Nov. 10 is the average day for first snow here. It's all gone though, it is raining. The wife says, "It is still fall, it is too early for snow." I just laugh and tune my skis--maybe we'll be skiing by Thanksgiving.

We got just a bit on Thursday/Friday. It was cool until is started getting icy.

Damn! I keep forgetting to get gas for my snow blower.

I don't go back quite that far, but I had a pair of leather nordicas and the skis had safety straps.
They used to say your skis fit you when standing your wrist went over the tips.
But my arms and legs were so long that my skis were way to long for me when I was a kid.
It was hard for me to solum because my first set were made of wood. Heavy.
So most of the time I just went straight down the hill as fast as I could go.

They used to say your skis fit you when standing your wrist went over the tips.
But my arms and legs were so long that my skis were way to long for me when I was a kid.
It was hard for me to solum because my first set were made of wood. Heavy.
So most of the time I just went straight down the hill as fast as I could go.
I skied on 195s for the first 25 years or so and I can appreciate your point. I discovered short skis and then PARABOLICS, what a difference. I don't go quite as fast, but the control is amazing.

I can't remember which year it was exactly, but within the last five years, I experienced my one and only white Thanksgiving here in east TN. To get from my house to where I spent the day, I had to go through a certain area that had just gotten snow. It didn't cover everything, but you couldn't miss what was still there that day. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. This past Christmas I experienced my second white Christmas and both were here in east TN. The first one was in 2002, but we got way more snow last year compared to what we got all them years ago. :) :) :)

Anybody else getting any snow yet? It's not even Thanksgiving and I was sort of hoping that it would at least wait until the day after.
If what you believe is snow, is falling, it is NOT snow.

We are assured by the global elites, and consortium media, that warming is occurring.

Thus, that is just. . . uh. . . Angel Dandruff . .

yeah-thats-the-ticket.gif

Last edited:
If what you believe is snow, is falling, it is NOT snow.

We are assured by the global elites, and consortium media, that warming is occurring.

Thus, the is just. . . uh. . . Angel Dandruff . .

yeah-thats-the-ticket.gif
I know. Didn't St. Al of the Gore assure us that all the snow would be gone about a decade ago? Hmmmmm............................

Forum List

Back