Uh Oh, Melania's speech was plagiarized

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a part where she says
"He will never give up. And he will never let you down."

Melania RICK ROLLED us all!!

SHE NEEDS TO PICK UP THE PHONE RIGHT FUCKING NOW AND APOLOGIZE FOR THE BLATANT PLAGIARIZING OF MICHELLE'S 2008 SPEECH!!
hey Sparky...

"Your word is your bond" is a quote that has been repeated in many political speeches for several generations.

Maybe Michelle Obama owes someone an apology?

Of course not.

REVISED

Dear Jarhead
HERE IS THE LINK I USED THAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE CONTESTING:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/us/politics/melania-trump-speech.html?_r=0

if you look up the entire phrases in order that are the same sentences in order to MO speech, it is embarrassing to see [REVISED]
* either whoever wrote that speech took it and didn't tell the Trump's or they wouldn't have used it.
* OR IF THESE PHRASES WERE DOCTORED TO TRUMP UP THE STORY OF PLAGIARISM IF THIS IS NOT THE REAL WORDING OF OBAMA'S ORIGINAL SPEECH

I have tutored English writing, and I have seen "coincidental " phrases that got a student in trouble even though I watched the student and know that the other source was not used that the words matched. That does happen with short phrases here and there.

But THIS is definitely different:
Complete series of sentences worded the same and in the same order.
Any writer looking at this would see Red Flags. It's pretty embarrassing.

REVISED:
* EITHER THIS TRUMPED UP STORY IS A LIE AND BLATANTLY TO STIR UP HYPE
* or whatever speech writers or consultants Trump hired, they should help write out an apology for whoever is really responsible for speaking for their team. Maybe Donald Trump himself should apologize if he failed to check this himself.

There are computer programs teachers use to check for plagiarism, and this would have flunked the student.

WHICHEVER WAY IT IS:
ONE SIDE OWES THE OTHER AN APOLOGY
* EITHER IT WAS THIS BADLY PLAGIARIZED AND THE SPEECH WRITERS ARE AT FAULT
* OR THIS ARTICLE AND THE DOCTORED PHRASES USED TO ARGUE FOR PLAGIARISM ARE FALSE AND THOSE WRITERS NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE
============
FROM THE NY TIMES SOURCE LINKED ABOVE:
Melania Trump’s Speech Bears Striking Similarities to Michelle Obama’s in 2008
By MAGGIE HABERMAN, ALAN RAPPEPORT and PATRICK HEALYJULY 19, 2016

Here are the relevant passages.

Ms. Trump, Monday night:

“From a young age, my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life, that your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise, that you treat people with respect. They taught and showed me values and morals in their daily lives. That is a lesson that I continue to pass along to our son. And we need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow. Because we want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

Mrs. Obama, in her 2008 speech:

“Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you’re going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don’t know them, and even if you don’t agree with them. And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children — and all children in this nation — to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

Last edited:
SHE NEEDS TO PICK UP THE PHONE RIGHT FUCKING NOW AND APOLOGIZE FOR THE BLATANT PLAGIARIZING OF MICHELLE'S 2008 SPEECH!!
hey Sparky...

"Your word is your bond" is a quote that has been repeated in many political speeches for several generations.

Of course not.

dictum meum pactum

it has been around since the 1800s

hey Sparky...

Of course not.

dictum meum pactum

it has been around since the 1800s
exactly.

The left is acting more desperate than they need.

Their candidate has a good shot....why the childish crap?

Much of it was taken from Mrs. Obama's 2008 speech. 22 out of 26 words directly lifted.
If you can't work up some empathy for the woman, there's something wrong. She's smart, and attractive, and her story is an American success story.

But it was plagerized, which itself wouldn't be a big deal since pols "borrow" stuff from like minded pols that results generally in just a gotcha moment, but her speech plagerized Michelle, and Donald's made a career out of decrying not just her American values, but he even still refused to say Obama's an American.

So, now we've have Trump's campaign manager booed by Ohio voters on Morning Joe, and unnecessary and unforced error in not letting the never Trump people have their protest vote, which means that story may go on, a flat out frightened and angry tone to the first night, and the one real positive highlight turns out to be plagerized right out of "hope and change."

Poor lady went to bed thinking she saved the convention, by hitting a grand slam in her first major league at bat, only to find she was sandbagged.

Michelle Obama 2008:
And Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you’re going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don’t know them, and even if you don’t agree with them.

And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children— and all children in this nation — to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

The section of Trump’s speech, as transcribed by Quartz:

From a young age, my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life, that your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise. That you treat people with respect. They taught and showed me values and morals in their daily life. That is a lesson that I continue to pass along to our son. And we need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow. Because we want our children in this nation to know that their only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

Question: Are they stupid, or do they just think their supporters are stupid?

And the words she changed are just stupid, the speech makes less sense.

"Strength" of your dreams.... vs. reach of your dreams.... WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back