UK headlines "Boris is honest". Boris self describes and tells another lie.

How bad is it that the Tories are so hated they lost 338 seats, but Labour could only increase theirs by 22?

Starmer should just quit right now.

Keir Starmer is kind of up the creek since it appears he violated the lockdown rules too after staking the election on Johnson having done it. All their gains were in London. Didn't scratch the tories' paint anywhere else.

In 2 years inflation won't be 10%, brexit kinks will be on their way to being resolved and today's woes will be a distant memory. What the tories can offer is they are not Labour. Labour has become the party of the arriveste, not the worker or shopkeeper.
I think that is wishful thinking.

How bad is it that the Tories are so hated they lost 338 seats, but Labour could only increase theirs by 22?

Starmer should just quit right now.
The tories lost 500 seats. I think the last thing that labour need is another election for leader.

But Starmer isnt very inspiring. That doesnt bother me really. I have had enough of populism.

Keir Starmer is kind of up the creek since it appears he violated the lockdown rules too after staking the election on Johnson having done it. All their gains were in London. Didn't scratch the tories' paint anywhere else.
I dont think he violated any rules. If you examine the roots of this it comes from the nutty wing of the tory party and the msm which is tory.
I ont think it will take long to resolve.

Imagine the leader of the opposition quitting for doing something the PM did and won't quit for.....

Boris is fucked up.

The tories lost 500 seats. I think the last thing that labour need is another election for leader.

But Starmer isnt very inspiring. That doesnt bother me really. I have had enough of populism.

The problem isn't populism, the problem is a Labour leader who can stop the Tories. Though these days I'm more in favour of the Lib Dems because Labour are useless.

Imagine the leader of the opposition quitting for doing something the PM did and won't quit for.....

Boris is fucked up.

The leader of the opposition doesn't really have a choice. He only made this pledge when forced to.
Sure Johnson is a craven politician, but avoiding political ideological grand gestures is why he is PM

The problem isn't populism, the problem is a Labour leader who can stop the Tories. Though these days I'm more in favour of the Lib Dems because Labour are useless.
It doesnt bother me if folk vote for any of the left leaning parties. I hope that they do a deal to bring in PR so that the commons is more representative of the country.
That must be a priority to prevent what we currently have.

The leader of the opposition doesn't really have a choice. He only made this pledge when forced to.
Sure Johnson is a craven politician, but avoiding political ideological grand gestures is why he is PM
Shouldnt Johnson resign now ? He wanted starmer to resign before he had even been fined.
Surely the fat fuck has some decency. (only joking)

Shouldnt Johnson resign now ? He wanted starmer to resign before he had even been fined.
Surely the fat fuck has some decency. (only joking)

Johnson cannot resign with no suitable alternative to his leadership such as it is of the conservatives.

Johnson cannot resign with no suitable alternative to his leadership such as it is of the conservatives.
Thats in his opinion. I think that a piece of dogshit woul do a better job. Certainly it would have more class.

Thats in his opinion. I think that a piece of dogshit woul do a better job. Certainly it would have more class.
It would only take 15% of conservatives to trigger a no-confidence vote. If they felt there was an alternative, it would have already been done. The only change in leadership England will see in the next two years will likely be the one at Buckingham Palace.

Right at the moment the one I wish we did not have is Liz Truss. What an idiot in such an important job.
Starmer can't get the red wall back and as labour has been throwing out all its left wing members it really is just a not so far right Tory Party. Became that with Blair. I moved to the Lib Dems for one election when Charles Kennedy was leader.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
It would only take 15% of conservatives to trigger a no-confidence vote. If they felt there was an alternative, it would have already been done. The only change in leadership England will see in the next two years will likely be the one at Buckingham Palace.
There are tories campaigning for the job quietly. They wont put their hands up yet. they are buying time till the Met have finished with him.

Right at the moment the one I wish we did not have is Liz Truss. What an idiot in such an important job.

Starmer can't get the red wall back and as labour has been throwing out all its left wing members it really is just a not so far right Tory Party. Became that with Blair. I moved to the Lib Dems for one election when Charles Kennedy was leader.
The red wall needs to suffer a lot more before they go back to labour. Let them enjoy their brexit for a while.

The leader of the opposition has lots of choices. The reason why he's doing so badly, the reason why Labour generally does badly, is because he's not controlling the narrative at all.

Blair won three elections because he took the narrative and made it his own for the most part, with people like Mandelson doing the leg work.

It doesnt bother me if folk vote for any of the left leaning parties. I hope that they do a deal to bring in PR so that the commons is more representative of the country.
That must be a priority to prevent what we currently have.

Problem is that the Lib Dems and Labour got something like 1000 less votes than the Tories in 2019, and yet had 150 less seats. It's a problem for the left.

Labour will always be in a difficult position. It has far left members, further left members and center left members. The party can't join together to fight the Tories, the far left simply won't let it happen, they feel the need to go for broke. They undermined Blair at every opportunity, they thought that because Labour was in power, THEY were in power, but they weren't.

Now, there's only one solution to this, and that's going for Proportional Representation so the far left can go get the far left votes, the further left can go get the further left votes and the center left can go get the center left votes.

It's why I see the Lib Dems are more logical these days, because the Lib Dems have wanted electoral reform, but went for AV instead of PR and AV is FPTP lite and a waste of time. Go full in, get PR with left wing votes and change the country and stop the Tories destroying everything.

The leader of the opposition has lots of choices. The reason why he's doing so badly, the reason why Labour generally does badly, is because he's not controlling the narrative at all.

Blair won three elections because he took the narrative and made it his own for the most part, with people like Mandelson doing the leg work.

Blair took the party and sold it to the financial centre. Starmer is just managing the fine details. It is why the FBU firefighters union is under pressure to leave the party--Labour no longer represents the actual workers.

Forum List

Back