Ukraine votes to give citizens right to keep and bear arms

They're readying for total war. This is why disarming the populace is fucking stupid.

Sounds great on its surface, and while I absolutely believe in the inherent right of all people to defend their lives and freedom by any means available and necessary, this particular development could lead to some ugly consequences in the end. Everyone points to the Taliban as the poster children for a relatively small, ragtag, primitively armed citizen force backing down or defeating a First World, state of the art foreign army. While this is true to a limited extent, both the Taliban and Afghan civilian men, women and children have paid a very high price in lives lost to British, Soviet and American invaders, over the last century.

Similarly, if the average Ukraine civilian neighborhood or village arms themselves and goes out to meet regular Russian Army forces, they will suffer catastrophic casualties. That's not to say I myself wouldn't prefer to go down fighting if Pennsylvania was invaded tomorrow by foreign enemy forces—because I absolutely would rather fight and die on my feet rather than suffer on my knees in bondage. All I'm saying is that Russian military forces might target Ukrainian civilians they would have otherwise overlooked, had those civilians not decided to take potshots at them.

They're readying for total war. This is why disarming the populace is fucking stupid.

Yeah.....should have happened about 20 years ago....but likely they listened to the idiots like we have here on U.S.messageboard who keep telling us we don't need guns....

Indeed. The advantage of having a well-armed population is diminished a little when that population has been empowered to bear arms a few days before the Russians invade. Gutowski is correct to say that:

the history of warfare is rife with examples of smaller, weaker, and less organized forces besting even the greatest militaries in the world. From the American Revolution to Vietnam, Iraq, and multiple wars in Afghanistan, it isn’t difficult to find templates for how a Ukrainian resistance could eventually prevail if Russia attempts to capture and hold it.
But the chances of an effective resistance would be higher if there were more guns in circulation and more Ukrainians who were accustomed to using them. Whatever other problems may be attached to the United States’s extremely high rate of gun-ownership, a lack of familiarity with firearms is not among them. Hell, I suspect that, if pushed, the State of Florida could fight off an invasion simply by relying on a handful of my neighbors and the contents of my safe.

Sounds great on its surface, and while I absolutely believe in the inherent right of all people to defend their lives and freedom by any means available and necessary, this particular development could lead to some ugly consequences in the end. Everyone points to the Taliban as the poster children for a relatively small, ragtag, primitively armed citizen force backing down or defeating a First World, state of the art foreign army. While this is true to a limited extent, both the Taliban and Afghan civilian men, women and children have paid a very high price in lives lost to British, Soviet and American invaders, over the last century.

Similarly, if the average Ukraine civilian neighborhood or village arms themselves and goes out to meet regular Russian Army forces, they will suffer catastrophic casualties. That's not to say I myself wouldn't prefer to go down fighting if Pennsylvania was invaded tomorrow by foreign enemy forces—because I absolutely would rather fight and die on my feet rather than suffer on my knees in bondage. All I'm saying is that Russian military forces might target Ukrainian civilians they would have otherwise overlooked, had those civilians not decided to take potshots at them.

What do you mean "might?" Attacking civilians is standard operating procedure for leftists like this....

Ukraine officially has more rights than Americans.

The next president that we put in office is going to do the same. Machine guns for everybody God dammit.

The Ukrainian military is no match against the might of the Russian military. The only long-term solution to Zelensky's Russian problem is to do what the Afghani's did against Russia and the United States, relentless guerilla warfare. Dig tunnels into Hungary and Poland. Have munitions smuggled in. Hit and run. Hit and run. Run explosive filled vehicles into Russian checkpoints. Assassinate pro-Russian politicians and sympathizers. Clandestinely enter into Russia and attack them on their own home front. Wear them down over time.

The Ukrainian military is no match against the might of the Russian military. The only long-term solution to Zelensky's Russian problem is to do what the Afghani's did against Russia and the United States, relentless guerilla warfare. Dig tunnels into Hungary and Poland. Have munitions smuggled in. Hit and run. Hit and run. Run explosive filled vehicles into Russian checkpoints. Assassinate pro-Russian politicians and sympathizers. Clandestinely enter into Russia and attack them on their own home front. Wear them down over time.
They might be a match. I don't know enough about Ukraine's army commanders to make the call. Superior commanders can do a lot with inferior forces. There are plenty examples of inferior forces defeating superior forces in a conventional war, using conventional tactics. The Winter War, where Finland stomped a mud hole in the Soviets' asses is a perfect example.

The Russians aren't exactly in the perfect position, materially, or logistically. For years they've packed spare parts to repair equipment and lacked wheeled assets to bring up the beans and bullets. Last estimate I saw was that the Russians could only support a supply line 90 miles long before the rate of resupply starts to diminish.

It's like this: if resupply is 100% at 90 miles, then the rate drops to 66% at 120 miles; 33% at 150 miles. The Russians run a huge risk of outrunning their supplies and becoming overextended. Ukraine's dimensions are 786 miles x 346 miles.

If it was up to me, I would try to lure the Russians into becoming overextended, then hit them in the fucking teeth with some steel, then evelope and destroy those forward elements.

They say the population of Kiev is 3 million? Every adult with several rifles 10 years ago? Trained and ready to go……….Russia would be bled to leaving………

But…they bought the bullshit……..didn’t believe in a well armed population…..now they are paying the price.

That didn't age well.

1645819583087.png

This produced and baffling conundrum for you righties.
On one hand you support the communists to embarrass Biden whilst you also support Ukraine arming themselves to fight communism.

You're wedging yourselves now.

On one hand you support the communists to embarrass Biden whilst you also support Ukraine arming themselves to fight communism.
Thank you for further illustrating your ignorance, bigotry, and irrational fear.

How many countries have disarmed their population?

Dipshit.....

There are over 3 million people in Kiev......if the able bodied men and women of Kiev had rifles, ammunition, and a plan, Putin could not have invaded their country.......then add in the rest of the country and you have more people shooting Russians than the entire Russian army.....do you understand how this is a fucking deterrent to invasion?

If you can't hold the territory, you can fire missiles and bomb the cities all you want.....but holding the ground you take is impossible against a million armed citizens who are willing to shoot Russians....you moron...

Who supports the communists, you idiot....it is biden and the democrats who love china and putin...........obama, hilary, biden....they love communists, and we now find out biden gave China the intelligence on the Russian invasion and they gave that info to putin....

You idiot.....

How many countries have disarmed their population?

Thank you democrats.......your example of releasing violent, repeat gun offenders has shown us in real time why we need guns...

Thank you putin...you and your invasion have demonstrated in real time why we need guns....and why Europe better get their dumb asses in gear and start gunning up........

The left in America and Russia gave us all a warning.....they are evil and will do evil things to the innocent if the innocent are unarmed....

But for some reason, the leftists in America LOVE to argue that such tactics are IMPOSSIBLE and proceed to give us an inventory of American military equipment (the same shit used in Afghanistan).

Are any of you commie leftists right about ANYTHING?

Forum List

Back