UN Admits: Palestinians used UN schools to launch rockets and store weapons

It also strikes me as incredibly faulty logic to suggest that just because I have stated that Israel might have committed war crimes in these acts means that I automatically equate them with Hamas. I don't. Hamas is worse.
Fine stop Hamas first and I bet nobody will have to force Israel to stop.

I am all for the marginalization of and/or the destruction of Hamas as an entity. That doesn't mean that I am in favor of Israeli war crimes though, or the war crimes of any state that fights other monsters.

I'd rather not turn myself into a monster while fighting monsters.

Israel hasn't been found guilty of a war crime.

It absolutely has in the past. It has even found itself guilty of aiding war crimes in the past through internal investigations.

Really? When is that. And are we talking about the past or this incident where Hamas was found guilty of using a school for military purposes?

It also strikes me as incredibly faulty logic to suggest that just because I have stated that Israel might have committed war crimes in these acts means that I automatically equate them with Hamas. I don't. Hamas is worse.

I am all for the marginalization of and/or the destruction of Hamas as an entity. That doesn't mean that I am in favor of Israeli war crimes though, or the war crimes of any state that fights other monsters.

It absolutely has in the past. It has even found itself guilty of aiding war crimes in the past through internal investigations.

Really? When is that. And are we talking about the past or this incident where Hamas was found guilty of using a school for military purposes?

I am talking about overall, in the past, not just about the last wave of violence. Currently Israel cannot be formally charged because it refuses to allow itself to be formally investigated. But the general legal consensus is that there were several acts that were likely meeting the definition of a crime of war.

The intentional bombing of a large scale apartment block, The striking of several UN schools, the use of cluster munitions in heavily concentrated population areas, the deliberate targeting of civilian infrastructure such as water supplies, etc. There are quite a few that have happened over the years.

I noticed you used not a single link, but the use of cluster bombs is not war crime, neither are striking "apartment blocks" or "UN schools" if they are being used as weapons depots or firing points. But you can continue spewing nonsense and hoping it sticks.

Terrorist ass kissers do that often. They blurt out accusations and propaganda and when you ask them for proof they have nothing or quickly change the subject.

Rulings by previous UN inquiries are hardly a secret.

Show us when Israel has been found guilty of war crimes.

I am talking about overall, in the past, not just about the last wave of violence. Israel cannot be formally charged because it refuses to allow itself to be formally investigated. But the general legal consensus is that there were several acts that were likely meeting the definition of a crime of war.

General consensus?! Ha ha ha ha.

Wow. You are a fucking joke.

The intentional bombing of a large scale apartment block, The striking of several UN schools, the use of cluster munitions in heavily concentrated population areas, the deliberate targeting of civilian infrastructure such as water supplies, etc. There are quite a few that have happened over the years.

I noticed you used not a single link, but the use of cluster bombs is not war crime, neither are striking "apartment blocks" or "UN schools" if they are being used as weapons depots or firing points. But you can continue spewing nonsense and hoping it sticks.

Terrorist ass kissers do that often. They blurt out accusations and propaganda and when you ask them for proof they have nothing or quickly change the subject.

It found itself guilty of aiding the massacres at Sabra and Shatila through the Kahan Commission. Outside of that there have been numerous ruling on the illegality of the settlement movement, the wall construction and semi-complete verdicts on past acts of violence such as the Goldstone report. Israel simply has a protector (the US) in the security Council that prevents the security council itself from formally recognizing the illegality of such acts.

Once again, pointing to other potential incidents of morally questionable behavior doesn't in any way alleviate Israel of its responsible to abide by the laws of war to which it is a party.

Idiot, scroll up. YOU raised the topic of WW2 with your mention of the nazis, not me. Clueless much?

As a species, we have deemed total war unacceptable behavior of civilized societies; and good riddance.

Which as I've said, has extended wars for much longer and caused far more deaths than would have happened otherwise.

Proportionality is the sole determinate. Self defense equations are part of the proportionality equation.

Again, you are wrong. The GC are quite clear on this fact, why you're even arguing this point shows you're either lazy, stupid or delusional. Proportionality does not have to be the sole determining factor.

Customary IHL - Practice Relating to Rule 14. Proportionality in Attack

You don't seem to know what the concept of proportionality is.

Which as I've said, has extended wars for much longer and caused far more deaths than would have happened otherwise.

Not really. no. I can assure you that world war two was far more deadly than low insanity conflicts.

Proportionality is the sole determinate. Self defense equations are part of the proportionality equation.

Again, you are wrong. The GC are quite clear on this fact, why you're even arguing this point shows you're either lazy, stupid or delusional. Proportionality does not have to be the sole determining factor.

Yes, he / she / it actually expects Israel not to shoot back during a state of war, when rockets are being fired from a location. Maybe they should have some tea and read electronic intifarta before they decide. Who knows?

Firing a rocket at a building that contains terrorists that are firing rockets at you. That not proportional to you.

It found itself guilty of aiding the massacres at Sabra and Shatila through the Kahan Commission.

Guilty of not acting to stop the massacre, NOT for committing a war crime. Your lack of ability to grasp the distinction is telling.

Outside of that there have been numerous ruling on the illegality of the settlement movement, the wall construction and semi-complete verdicts on past acts of violence such as the Goldstone report.

And you also are ignoring that the report did not confirm war crimes were committed, and goldstone himself retracted much of the report not long after. You're beginning to sound rather non-credible.

srael simply has a protector (the US) in the security Council that prevents the security council itself from formally recognizing the illegality of such acts.

Now you're just an idiot, the UNSC has nothing to do with the application of war crimes charges, that is done through the ICC....you're pretty dumb....

Yes, he / she / it actually expects Israel not to shoot back during a state of war, when rockets are being fired from a location. Maybe they should have some tea and read electronic intifarta before they decide. Who knows?

Intentional intellectual dishonesty another trait you share with jihadis. Also rather indicative of insecurity and low self-esteem. I'm sorry that you have to live like that.

It found itself guilty of aiding the massacres at Sabra and Shatila through the Kahan Commission. Outside of that there have been numerous ruling on the illegality of the settlement movement, the wall construction and semi-complete verdicts on past acts of violence such as the Goldstone report. Israel simply has a protector (the US) in the security Council that prevents the security council itself from formally recognizing the illegality of such acts.

I see, so that's the best you got? Christians in Lebanon committing a revenge killing because Muslims had done so much of the same and worse to them? Pathetic

Now you're just an idiot, the UNSC has nothing to do with the application of war crimes charges, that is done through the ICC....you're pretty dumb....

War crimes charges don't have to go through the ICC there sport.

Firing a rocket at a building that contains terrorists that are firing rockets at you. That not proportional to you.
Not if the building is filled with civilians no. The strategic gain at that point of striking the building is outweighed by the likely cost in civilian lives.

Intentional intellectual dishonesty another trait you share with jihadis. Also rather indicative of insecurity and low self-esteem. I'm sorry that you have to live like that.

You and your terrorist ass kissing buddies have the market on intellectual dishonesty cornered.

Not if the building is filled with civilians no. The strategic gain at that point of striking the building is outweighed by the likely cost in civilian lives.

If my butt. Again there is no proof that Israel was intentionally firing at civilians. Just accusations and false comparisons.

You don't seem to have the intellectual capacity to understand this conversation, or grasp when you've been caught in a lie.

Clearly you're too lazy or dim to be able to read the GC and its amendments/appendixes, so I'll help put it into simpler, digestible piece for you: proportionality refers to the awareness that the military gains of a target must weigh the costs in civilian life that could be lost when responding, but in addition, there is the concept of self-defense and protection where the suppression of fire from a site is required, and this alone constitutes a singular, desirable and achievable military goal. The GC are quite specific that one can kill to protect one's self and those who one is protecting, and that is clearly a fact you refuse to grasp.

Forum List

Back