"Unarmed" Black Man Killed By Two White Officers In Atlanta Last Night

BigTy87

Jun 1, 2020

Apologies if the video does not work but you can find them on twitter.

I put "unarmed" because that is the narrative and yet he clearly physically fought the officers and stole their taser. They shot him while running away. Atlanta will burn again tonight and probably several other cities.

It will be interesting to see how the media plays this. He was being arrested for DUI and CLEARLY fights the officers and CLEARLY steals their taser. But then they shoot him while running away which I am sure will cause the uproar. I ask the simple question of why people think it is okay to and then celebrate people blatantly fighting law enforcement? The disregard for authority and the fact that people think they are above rules was a problem with a generation in this country BEFORE George Floyd. Now? Forget it. I am sure the massive anti-police narrative fueled this guy's fire here in his fight of the officers. That or he was just drunk/stoned out of his mind.

From the cops perspective...I do not know what the "playbook" says if a perp steals their taser. It probably says shoot. Did they have to shoot if he is running away? Probably not. It is hard to see who shoots him...is it a cop out of the screen who the perp is running towards? That changes things completely. The anti-police movement will say they could have shot him in the leg. I will say the asshole could have not fought the officers and stole their taser.

Last edited:

I put "unarmed" because that is the narrative and yet he clearly physically fought the officers and stole their taser. They shot him while running away. Atlanta will burn again tonight and probably several other cities.

It will be interesting to see how the media plays this. He was being arrested for DUI and CLEARLY fights the officers and CLEARLY steals their taser. But then they shoot him while running away which I am sure will cause the uproar. I ask the simple question of why people think it is okay to and then celebrate people blatantly fighting law enforcement? The disregard for authority and the fact that people think they are above rules was a problem with a generation in this country BEFORE George Floyd. Now? Forget it. I am sure the massive anti-police narrative fueled this guy's fire here in his fight of the officers. That or he was just drunk/stoned out of his mind.

From the cops perspective...I do not know what the "playbook" says if a perp steals their taser. It probably says shoot. Did they have to shoot if he is running away? Probably not. It is hard to see who shoots him...is it a cop out of the screen who the perp is running towards? That changes things completely. The anti-police movement will say they could have shot him in the leg. I will say the asshole could have not fought the officers and stole their taser.

You don't shoot a man in the back. Learned that on the old westerns.

The guy was drunk. He grabbed the tazer so he wouldn't get tazed and then he ran. Definitely not a righteous shoot.
Our cops wrastle with rowdy drunks all the time. No one has been shot yet. Cops have legs. RUN AFTER THE GUY AND TAKE HIM DOWN.

Clark-Gable-Gone-with-the-Wind.jpg

The shooting was off camera. Who says it was in the back? What if he stopped running and turned to face the officer and pointed the taser at him? Hopefully the cop was wearing a camera.

Hopefully he was. This is why I support camera's in all situations. It protects both sides.

Very interesting. Cops barely used to could shoot people that didn't assault them and were just running away. I suppose at some point in time that has changed. They had to identify them and catch them later.

I know I'm not allowed to shoot somebody that's fleeing from my property. I could get in big trouble for that. Still, kinda hard to "settle down" after you already made a decision to kill that sumbitch that's trying to break into your house.
So I let loose a couple rounds at their vehicle to let them know I mean business. Not where people would be in the vehicle, though. Still, there's a car rolling around with a couple holes in it, somewhere. I doubt they'll be back. I thank God I didn't kill someone that night. If they had made it inside, I surely would have.

If I shoot someone that is running away I get charged with a crime. Should they have found him and arrested him? Absolutely.

That's tough to say, really.

If the police officer gave official warning "stop or I'll shoot" I would have to side with the cop. And this has nothing to do with the racial ethnicity here of either party.

The “while running away” aspect doesn’t help matters...

If I shoot someone that is running away I get charged with a crime. Should they have found him and arrested him? Absolutely.

That's tough to say, really.

If the police officer gave official warning "stop or I'll shoot" I would have to side with the cop. And this has nothing to do with the racial ethnicity here of either party.

If I yell "stop or I'll shoot" at someone fleeing my property and then shoot them, I'll get arrested.

I've seen them call a thug with a brick in one hand and a machete in the other "UNARMED".

I don't call that unarmed!

It doesn't matter if he had the taser...
Reaching for it makes him Technically
Armed.

Jo

He was attempting to stop them from using it on him. Does that make for additional charges? Yes. Does that give you the excuse to shoot someone while running away? No.

The shooting was off camera. Who says it was in the back? What if he stopped running and turned to face the officer and pointed the taser at him? Hopefully the cop was wearing a camera.

Makes no difference.

The bullet entry wound will tell the story. Just like it did with mike brown.

Despite all the lying blacks "testimony"...mike brown didn't have a single entry wound in his back! He never had his hands up & he was never running away! (that's what obamas AG eric holder said).

There's the conundrum.

Of course, if you are a cop and somebody disarms you of one of your weapons, then obviously they must automatically be considered an armed and potentially deadly dangerous dastardly felonious robbery suspect and a threat to yourself and the pubic at large until they are subdued.

And unless he's a mind-reader, there's no way for the cop who just had his Tazer stolen to know with any certainty whatsoever whether the perp's intention is running to escape, or running to reposition himself to gain a tactical advantage against him, and possibly steal his firearm.

After all, he just got pwned.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back