"Unarmed" Black Man Killed By Two White Officers In Atlanta Last Night

Apologies if the video does not work but you can find them on twitter.

I put "unarmed" because that is the narrative and yet he clearly physically fought the officers and stole their taser. They shot him while running away. Atlanta will burn again tonight and probably several other cities.

It will be interesting to see how the media plays this. He was being arrested for DUI and CLEARLY fights the officers and CLEARLY steals their taser. But then they shoot him while running away which I am sure will cause the uproar. I ask the simple question of why people think it is okay to and then celebrate people blatantly fighting law enforcement? The disregard for authority and the fact that people think they are above rules was a problem with a generation in this country BEFORE George Floyd. Now? Forget it. I am sure the massive anti-police narrative fueled this guy's fire here in his fight of the officers. That or he was just drunk/stoned out of his mind.

From the cops perspective...I do not know what the "playbook" says if a perp steals their taser. It probably says shoot. Did they have to shoot if he is running away? Probably not. It is hard to see who shoots him...is it a cop out of the screen who the perp is running towards? That changes things completely. The anti-police movement will say they could have shot him in the leg. I will say the asshole could have not fought the officers and stole their taser.

Why would you shoot someone that was running away?

Because he is a proven danger heading toward innocent victims.
We hire the police to maintain public safety as well as arrest felons. If he managed to get down the street drunk and probably high also I'm guessing there's no telling what he may have done and who he may have done it to.

Jo

Who told you he was a proven danger? If he was dangerous why didnt he harm someone prior to the cops arriving?

Anyone drunk driving is a proven harm. The problem here, the punishment must fit the crime.

If he is running he is obviously not driving drunk any longer so where is the danger?

I put "unarmed" because that is the narrative and yet he clearly physically fought the officers and stole their taser. They shot him while running away. Atlanta will burn again tonight and probably several other cities.

It will be interesting to see how the media plays this. He was being arrested for DUI and CLEARLY fights the officers and CLEARLY steals their taser. But then they shoot him while running away which I am sure will cause the uproar. I ask the simple question of why people think it is okay to and then celebrate people blatantly fighting law enforcement? The disregard for authority and the fact that people think they are above rules was a problem with a generation in this country BEFORE George Floyd. Now? Forget it. I am sure the massive anti-police narrative fueled this guy's fire here in his fight of the officers. That or he was just drunk/stoned out of his mind.

From the cops perspective...I do not know what the "playbook" says if a perp steals their taser. It probably says shoot. Did they have to shoot if he is running away? Probably not. It is hard to see who shoots him...is it a cop out of the screen who the perp is running towards? That changes things completely. The anti-police movement will say they could have shot him in the leg. I will say the asshole could have not fought the officers and stole their taser.

All you have to do is click on the link under the vid and it will take you right to it.

You don't shoot a man in the back. Learned that on the old westerns.

The guy was drunk. He grabbed the tazer so he wouldn't get tazed and then he ran. Definitely not a righteous shoot.
Our cops wrastle with rowdy drunks all the time. No one has been shot yet. Cops have legs. RUN AFTER THE GUY AND TAKE HIM DOWN.

You know so much about the incident and motives.
If the criminal has already assaulted the cops and stole their weapon, the cops have a duty to protect other people that the established criminal may use that weapon on. Duh.

I grant you I'm waiting for the other side of the story and a better video. I'm just basing it on what we've been told, and I'm not imagining any more than you are. If the guy planned on USING the tazer, why didn't he? Just using some common sense here. Which the cops didn't. I've never heard of anyone doing a mass tazing on unsuspecting citizens. That's a ridiculous justification. THE MAN IS DEAD.

The guy had already established himself as a threat by assaulting police.

Maybe he was trying to protect himself.

Because he is a proven danger heading toward innocent victims.
We hire the police to maintain public safety as well as arrest felons. If he managed to get down the street drunk and probably high also I'm guessing there's no telling what he may have done and who he may have done it to.

Jo

Who told you he was a proven danger? If he was dangerous why didnt he harm someone prior to the cops arriving?

Anyone drunk driving is a proven harm. The problem here, the punishment must fit the crime.

If he is running he is obviously not driving drunk any longer so where is the danger?

I never claimed there was one. The remark was concerning "prior to the cops arriving". During that time it appears that perhaps he was driving drunk. If so, he was a danger.

I love the black chick at the end once shots were fired.
Hey bro we got kids!!!!!
What the fuck are you doing standing around watching a police action with your kids ya dumb bitch!!!
"What the fuck are you doing standing around watching a police action with your kids ya dumb bitch!!!"

Educating them on the dangers of getting involved with cops you fucking retarded monkey.

I'm going to have to wait and see what the actual facts are when they come to the light before I formulate an opinion.
This is not a good plan
Riot and loot first and hope yet another gutless mayor thinks”they are owed one and need to vent” while the people who pay the freight for deadbeats shake their head in utter dismay

Okay. A BETTER description of what happened. At least according to the cops involved. And they are investigating and inviting witnesses and vids.

Probably were some. The guy fell asleep in the drive thru lane at Wendy's.

Atlanta police units initially responded to a 911 call reporting a suspicious person at Wendy's around 10:30 p.m. Friday. Officers found a man asleep in his car, parked in the drive-thru lane and blocking customers, according to GBI.

They reportedly conducted a sobriety test, but when they attempted to arrest the man, identified as 27-year-old Rayshard Brooks, a struggle ensued.

Deputy Chief Timothy Peek, with the Atlanta Police Department, described officers' numerous attempts to deploy Tasers.

"Ultimately, when the officer used the Taser, it was ineffective for the suspect," Peek said. "It did not stop the aggression of the fight."

Peek added preliminary information shows Brooks was able to take an officer's Taser from him and use it against the officers.

WendysShooting.jpg

The GBI reported that at some point during the struggle over the Taser, Brooks was shot by an officer.

Hey bro we got kids!!!!!
What the fuck are you doing standing around watching a police action with your kids ya dumb bitch!!!

Maybe she felt a situation might arise where she had to try and get one of the officers off the man to keep him from killing him like someone should have done to the officer on top of George Taylor.

I have kids and I've been to a fast food restaurant late in the evening.

Making responsible law enforcement responsible for irresponsible drunktards who aggressively resist is not what the law nor morality is about

Fuck you asslips, for having a valid point. Fuck you besideswhich, but OK.

You don't shoot a man in the back. Learned that on the old westerns.

The guy was drunk. He grabbed the tazer so he wouldn't get tazed and then he ran. Definitely not a righteous shoot.
Our cops wrastle with rowdy drunks all the time. No one has been shot yet. Cops have legs. RUN AFTER THE GUY AND TAKE HIM DOWN.

You know so much about the incident and motives.
If the criminal has already assaulted the cops and stole their weapon, the cops have a duty to protect other people that the established criminal may use that weapon on. Duh.

I grant you I'm waiting for the other side of the story and a better video. I'm just basing it on what we've been told, and I'm not imagining any more than you are. If the guy planned on USING the tazer, why didn't he? Just using some common sense here. Which the cops didn't. I've never heard of anyone doing a mass tazing on unsuspecting citizens. That's a ridiculous justification. THE MAN IS DEAD.

The guy had already established himself as a threat by assaulting police.

The only way to really prove that out would be to ask all those present in the proximity of this incident, if they felt threatened, by this one guy owning two cops at once...

You can't shoot someone who is running away unless he poses an imminent threat to someone else, and trying to shoot someone in the leg as he is running away only works in the movies. If they had shot him during the struggle they could reasonably have claimed self defense since the guy is obviously very strong, but once he got away from them, even with the taser, and no longer posed an imminent threat to anyone else, the shooting was not justified. These cops needed better training.

And unless he's a mind-reader, there's no way for the cop who just had his Tazer stolen to know with any certainty whatsoever whether the perp's intention is running to escape, or running to reposition himself to gain a tactical advantage against him, and possibly steal his firearm.

After all, he just got pwned.
Don't taze me bro...

again--this is not the movies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jesusfchrist
YOU are not James Bond/Bruce Lee/Chuck Norris
these situations are real life and very dynamic
..it's not as easy as '''he was running away and they shot him in the back''-NO NO and NO

Passed out in the drive thru line, resisted the police (we know liberals think resisting should receive a commendation because it shows Woke) , grabbed their weapons and attempted to continue on his drunken criminal engagement way.

I've seen them call a thug with a brick in one hand and a machete in the other "UNARMED".

I don't call that unarmed!

It doesn't matter if he had the taser...
Reaching for it makes him Technically
Armed.

Jo

He was attempting to stop them from using it on him. Does that make for additional charges? Yes. Does that give you the excuse to shoot someone while running away? No.

I'm not totally unsympathetic to your argument. However if we must live with enforcement we must also accept the fact that that enforcement is not going to be perfect. Eventually some form of restraint system will have to be developed that allows for the containment of physically large
Detainees who have decided that they are not going to cooperate. Then when that restraint system causes a fatality there will be more marches. if everyone learns that all you need to do to prevent yourself from being arrested is to resist then the arrest powers of the police no longer have any bearing on the enforcement angle.
In effect we lose the enforcement altogether.

Jo
....EXPERTS in their fields kill HUNDREDS of innocents = pilots and military-because they are HUMAN
..you can have the best trained and smart person as a cop--he can and will make a mistake
...these idiots saying the cops should do it differently would do the same things

You can't shoot someone who is running away unless he poses an imminent threat to someone else, and trying to shoot someone in the leg as he is running away only works in the movies. If they had shot him during the struggle they could reasonably have claimed self defense since the guy is obviously very strong, but once he got away from them, even with the taser, and no longer posed an imminent threat to anyone else, the shooting was not justified. These cops needed better training.

We just need better cops period. Quite hiring waify pussies to fill a quota, PC, and otherwise, and start hiring men who can handle themselves in a fistfight.

Hey bro we got kids!!!!!
..I remember seeing a video long ago about a guy with a BIG knife or sword...the cops are getting close to him with their weapons drawn--of course--and the black crowd got CLOSER!!!!!! =very, very STUPID

Forum List

Back