"Unarmed" Black Man Killed By Two White Officers In Atlanta Last Night

Apologies if the video does not work but you can find them on twitter.

I put "unarmed" because that is the narrative and yet he clearly physically fought the officers and stole their taser. They shot him while running away. Atlanta will burn again tonight and probably several other cities.

It will be interesting to see how the media plays this. He was being arrested for DUI and CLEARLY fights the officers and CLEARLY steals their taser. But then they shoot him while running away which I am sure will cause the uproar. I ask the simple question of why people think it is okay to and then celebrate people blatantly fighting law enforcement? The disregard for authority and the fact that people think they are above rules was a problem with a generation in this country BEFORE George Floyd. Now? Forget it. I am sure the massive anti-police narrative fueled this guy's fire here in his fight of the officers. That or he was just drunk/stoned out of his mind.

From the cops perspective...I do not know what the "playbook" says if a perp steals their taser. It probably says shoot. Did they have to shoot if he is running away? Probably not. It is hard to see who shoots him...is it a cop out of the screen who the perp is running towards? That changes things completely. The anti-police movement will say they could have shot him in the leg. I will say the asshole could have not fought the officers and stole their taser.

You can't shoot someone who is running away unless he poses an imminent threat to someone else, and trying to shoot someone in the leg as he is running away only works in the movies. If they had shot him during the struggle they could reasonably have claimed self defense since the guy is obviously very strong, but once he got away from them, even with the taser, and no longer posed an imminent threat to anyone else, the shooting was not justified. These cops needed better training.

We just need better cops period. Quite hiring waify pussies to fill a quota, PC, and otherwise, and start hiring men who can handle themselves in a fistfight.

.....doesn't matter--experts in their field kill hundreds of innocents--pilots and military--because humans aren't perfect

I put "unarmed" because that is the narrative and yet he clearly physically fought the officers and stole their taser. They shot him while running away. Atlanta will burn again tonight and probably several other cities.

It will be interesting to see how the media plays this. He was being arrested for DUI and CLEARLY fights the officers and CLEARLY steals their taser. But then they shoot him while running away which I am sure will cause the uproar. I ask the simple question of why people think it is okay to and then celebrate people blatantly fighting law enforcement? The disregard for authority and the fact that people think they are above rules was a problem with a generation in this country BEFORE George Floyd. Now? Forget it. I am sure the massive anti-police narrative fueled this guy's fire here in his fight of the officers. That or he was just drunk/stoned out of his mind.

From the cops perspective...I do not know what the "playbook" says if a perp steals their taser. It probably says shoot. Did they have to shoot if he is running away? Probably not. It is hard to see who shoots him...is it a cop out of the screen who the perp is running towards? That changes things completely. The anti-police movement will say they could have shot him in the leg. I will say the asshole could have not fought the officers and stole their taser.

Did they have to shoot if he was running away? Hey! Here's a novel idea, if a criminal says....I'm not coming with you and walks or runs away, the new police policy should be.....oh well, let's let him go because he doesn't want to go. Burglary of a residence....no problem, just tell the cops you aren't going to jail and walk away. Raping a woman...no problem, just tell them you're leaving and walk away, because you're black and no matter what you do, you're not allowed to be arrested and put in jail....because you're not an equal in society, you're special (usually because of stupidity).
Murder...no problem, just refuse to go along. New rules today....if a cop tries to arrest you for a crime and you struggle to get away, you are in the right, because committing crimes is acceptable for you.
Now, as for the cops shooting him....my personal stance on this is, one less piece of crap to deal with in the revolving door called the courts.
I am fed up with burglaries, home invasions, store robberies, muggings, drug dealers and rapists and with most of it going on in the inner-cities, any criminal that ends up six feet under, it's a good thing.

You can't shoot someone who is running away unless he poses an imminent threat to someone else, and trying to shoot someone in the leg as he is running away only works in the movies. If they had shot him during the struggle they could reasonably have claimed self defense since the guy is obviously very strong, but once he got away from them, even with the taser, and no longer posed an imminent threat to anyone else, the shooting was not justified. These cops needed better training.

We just need better cops period. Quite hiring waify pussies to fill a quota, PC, and otherwise, and start hiring men who can handle themselves in a fistfight.

I disagree. Cops have guns, tasers batons to give them an advantage over belligerent suspects. With proper training, two female cops could have brought this guy down and taken him into custody without having to shoot him.

This is where you're both right, and wrong. The man was a threat, by being armed with a tazer. The problem is how police are to deal with a dangerous criminal. They can run after the criminal, and radio for additional forces to stop him.

They can no longer fire "warning shots" because what goes up, must come down, and people have been wounded by shots fired in the air. And shooting to wound (like in the leg) while it sounds good, actually violates the justifications to use deadly force. If he's not a big enough danger to kill, then no shots at him are justified.

.....doesn't matter--experts in their field kill hundreds of innocents--pilots and military--because humans aren't perfect

Yeah. It does matter. " Shit happens" doesn't cut it from my emoloyees.

I disagree. Cops have guns, tasers batons to give them an advantage over belligerent suspects. With proper training, two female cops could have brought this guy down and taken him into custody without having to shoot him.

Yeah? But thats not what happened. Is it?

1. your employees work with criminals?
2.you or your employees never made a mistake? = BUUUUUUULLLLLSSSHIIIIT

Did they have to shoot if he was running away? Hey! Here's a novel idea, if a criminal says....I'm not coming with you and walks or runs away, the new police policy should be.....oh well, let's let him go because he doesn't want to go. Burglary of a residence....no problem, just tell the cops you aren't going to jail and walk away. Raping a woman...no problem, just tell them you're leaving and walk away, because you're black and no matter what you do, you're not allowed to be arrested and put in jail....because you're not an equal in society, you're special (usually because of stupidity).
What of the opposite? A person is caught shop lifting. Kill him on the spot. He won't do that again. DUI? As soon as he stops, pop a cap in his head, again he won't endanger the public again. It would certainly cut down on crime if people knew that any violation of law carried the death penalty.

When my employees fuck up, they're held to account. Don't believe me? Fill out an application. I had two spots open up just this week.

What of the opposite? A person is caught shop lifting. Kill him on the spot. He won't do that again. DUI? As soon as he stops, pop a cap in his head, again he won't endanger the public again. It would certainly cut down on crime if people knew that any violation of law carried the death penalty.
One way to stop that from happening is to be a law-abiding citizen. It won't work 100% of the time but then again nothing does. Your premise seems to assume that we have a right to do anything up till and unless there is a brick wall there to stop us from doing it. Your premise would also assume that because I am bigger and stronger I can do whatever I please to you and merely insist upon my civil rights when the police show up.

The ugly Truth here is that's some people don't learn anything until they are made to learn it. An equally ugly Truth is that some Gene pools are less likely to learn moral lessons leading to the respect of the people and property of other individuals than others are.

Take heart.... To this day in Iran if you are caught shoplifting you lose the offending hand. Better than losing your head I suppose.

Jo

Last edited:

When my employees fuck up, they're held to account. Don't believe me? Fill out an application. I had two spots open up just this week.

hahahahhaha--the cop has been charged---he's being held accountable!!
hahahahahhaha---what's the difference??

This is where you're both right, and wrong. The man was a threat, by being armed with a tazer. The problem is how police are to deal with a dangerous criminal. They can run after the criminal, and radio for additional forces to stop him.

They can no longer fire "warning shots" because what goes up, must come down, and people have been wounded by shots fired in the air. And shooting to wound (like in the leg) while it sounds good, actually violates the justifications to use deadly force. If he's not a big enough danger to kill, then no shots at him are justified.
The danger has to be imminent to justify shooting a suspect that is running away, and from the video there does not seem to be an imminent threat to anyone at the time of the shooting. If the stop had been handled correctly, it is unlikely the cops would have been grappling with him on the ground, and once he got away, the proper procedure was to pursue him while calling for assistance.

This had nothing to do with racism or "bad" cops. The problem is the cities don't want to spend the money to properly train the police or to hire enough police.

there is not a problem with police brutality

Yeah? But thats not what happened. Is it?

What happened is the result of poor training, but proper training is an ongoing process throughout the cop's career, and the cities don't want to spend the money for it.

You don't shoot a man in the back. Learned that on the old westerns.

The guy was drunk. He grabbed the tazer so he wouldn't get tazed and then he ran. Definitely not a righteous shoot.
Our cops wrastle with rowdy drunks all the time. No one has been shot yet. Cops have legs. RUN AFTER THE GUY AND TAKE HIM DOWN.

You know so much about the incident and motives.
If the criminal has already assaulted the cops and stole their weapon, the cops have a duty to protect other people that the established criminal may use that weapon on. Duh.

I grant you I'm waiting for the other side of the story and a better video. I'm just basing it on what we've been told, and I'm not imagining any more than you are. If the guy planned on USING the tazer, why didn't he? Just using some common sense here. Which the cops didn't. I've never heard of anyone doing a mass tazing on unsuspecting citizens. That's a ridiculous justification. THE MAN IS DEAD.

The guy had already established himself as a threat by assaulting police.

The only way to really prove that out would be to ask all those present in the proximity of this incident, if they felt threatened, by this one guy owning two cops at once...

He stole their taser.
Another childish insulated lefty.

One way to stop that from happening is to be a law-abiding citizen. It won't work 100% of the time but then again nothing does. Your premise seems to assume that we have a right to do anything up till and unless there is a brick wall there to stop us from doing it. Oregon would also assumes that because I am bigger and stronger I can do whatever I please to you and merely insist upon my civil rights when the police show up.
First, what happened to the legal principle of "innocent until proven guilty". Look at when John Hinckley shot Ronald Reagan. You had a whole army of armed men seeing a gunman shoot three people, yet not a single shot was fired by the police or the secret service. And the gunman was taken down unharmed.

If there was ever a situation where shooting a suspect was warranted, that was it. Yet they didn't shoot Hinckley, they didn't put him in a choke hold.

yes..sure...what field of work is that?

Where'd you hear that?

Where'd you hear that?

what planet do you live on?

there is not a problem with police brutality

Do you have a point?

Forum List

Back