"Unarmed" Black Man Killed By Two White Officers In Atlanta Last Night

I've seen them call a thug with a brick in one hand and a machete in the other "UNARMED".

I don't call that unarmed!

It doesn't matter if he had the taser...
Reaching for it makes him Technically
Armed.

Jo

He was attempting to stop them from using it on him. Does that make for additional charges? Yes. Does that give you the excuse to shoot someone while running away? No.

I'm not totally unsympathetic to your argument. However if we must live with enforcement we must also accept the fact that that enforcement is not going to be perfect. Eventually some form of restraint system will have to be developed that allows for the containment of physically large
Detainees who have decided that they are not going to cooperate. Then when that restraint system causes a fatality there will be more marches. if everyone learns that all you need to do to prevent yourself from being arrested is to resist then the arrest powers of the police no longer have any bearing on the enforcement angle.
In effect we lose the enforcement altogether.

Jo
....EXPERTS in their fields kill HUNDREDS of innocents = pilots and military-because they are HUMAN
..you can have the best trained and smart person as a cop--he can and will make a mistake
...these idiots saying the cops should do it differently would do the same things

Are you really saying that you would have just stayed there with your knee on George Taylor's neck for nearly nine minutes while everyone was telling you something was wrong?
Floyd died of natural causes, sudden cardiac arrest, while in police custody. The knee on his neck was nowhere near his carotid arteries or larynx so it was irrelevant to his death.

You intentionally avoided answering my question. Would you have stayed there with your knee on someone's neck for nearly 9 minutes while everyone was telling you something was wrong?
It was a judgement call. It was only two minutes since he stopped struggling, and since the purpose of holding him down was to give him time to calm down, it was a good sign that he stopped struggling. No one at the scene realized he had already died from sudden cardiac arrest. Again, since the knee on his neck did not contribute to his death, it was irrelevant whether the cops let him up as soon and he stopped struggling or two minutes later.

One of the other officers told him he had no pulse.

They all can explain it to their new prison buddies.

Look at when John Hinckley shot Ronald Reagan. You had a whole army of armed men seeing a gunman shoot three people, yet not a single shot was fired by the police or the secret service. And the gunman was taken down unharmed.

If there was ever a situation where shooting a suspect was warranted, that was it. Yet they didn't shoot Hinckley, they didn't put him in a choke hold.
Not an equal situation. Hinckley was within ten feet of a dozen SS men who tackled him immediately. He had no escape route....if he did and he was running....he would absolutely have been shot.

Jo

If there was ever a situation where somebody was a danger to the public it was John Hinckley. He just shot the president and two other people. The secret service was armed with automatic weapons, yet they didn't use them to stop an assassin.

If being a danger is justification to use deadly force, why didn't they use that justification?
1.the police don't always shoot first
...with Alton Sterling, they tried everything non-lethal before they shot him
...they gave Keith Scott REPEATED verbal commands to drop the weapon--they did not ''shoot first'''
etc many examples
2.Hinckley was out of rounds [ bullets in civilian language ] --he wasn't a danger
3. hahahahah--there were lots of people around--hahhahahahaha
..you are way off target

Sterling was targeted for selling CD's and being armed. Both legal activities that are carried out by many people every weekend at flea markets.

Leave people like that alone.
.......hahahahhah--that's the problem with a lot of you libs and blacks--you don't research and/or know what really happened
..when a cop tells you to put your hands up/etc--you do it......
...so this dumbass jackass has a firearm and refusing police legal commands
....please stop your babblecrap----they tried everything non-lethal first---that's the point

Apologies if the video does not work but you can find them on twitter.

I put "unarmed" because that is the narrative and yet he clearly physically fought the officers and stole their taser. They shot him while running away. Atlanta will burn again tonight and probably several other cities.

It will be interesting to see how the media plays this. He was being arrested for DUI and CLEARLY fights the officers and CLEARLY steals their taser. But then they shoot him while running away which I am sure will cause the uproar. I ask the simple question of why people think it is okay to and then celebrate people blatantly fighting law enforcement? The disregard for authority and the fact that people think they are above rules was a problem with a generation in this country BEFORE George Floyd. Now? Forget it. I am sure the massive anti-police narrative fueled this guy's fire here in his fight of the officers. That or he was just drunk/stoned out of his mind.

From the cops perspective...I do not know what the "playbook" says if a perp steals their taser. It probably says shoot. Did they have to shoot if he is running away? Probably not. It is hard to see who shoots him...is it a cop out of the screen who the perp is running towards? That changes things completely. The anti-police movement will say they could have shot him in the leg. I will say the asshole could have not fought the officers and stole their taser.

You can't shoot someone who is running away unless he poses an imminent threat to someone else, and trying to shoot someone in the leg as he is running away only works in the movies. If they had shot him during the struggle they could reasonably have claimed self defense since the guy is obviously very strong, but once he got away from them, even with the taser, and no longer posed an imminent threat to anyone else, the shooting was not justified. These cops needed better training.

We just need better cops period. Quite hiring waify pussies to fill a quota, PC, and otherwise, and start hiring men who can handle themselves in a fistfight.

.....doesn't matter--experts in their field kill hundreds of innocents--pilots and military--because humans aren't perfect

Yeah. It does matter. " Shit happens" doesn't cut it from my emoloyees.

1. your employees work with criminals?
2.you or your employees never made a mistake? = BUUUUUUULLLLLSSSHIIIIT

When my employees fuck up, they're held to account. Don't believe me? Fill out an application. I had two spots open up just this week.

hahahahhaha--the cop has been charged---he's being held accountable!!
hahahahahhaha---what's the difference??

Where'd you hear that?

what planet do you live on?

Obviously not the same one you live on in your drug induced haze. Chauvin had nothing to do with this shooting.

I've seen them call a thug with a brick in one hand and a machete in the other "UNARMED".

Armed.

Jo

He was attempting to stop them from using it on him. Does that make for additional charges? Yes. Does that give you the excuse to shoot someone while running away? No.

I'm not totally unsympathetic to your argument. However if we must live with enforcement we must also accept the fact that that enforcement is not going to be perfect. Eventually some form of restraint system will have to be developed that allows for the containment of physically large
Detainees who have decided that they are not going to cooperate. Then when that restraint system causes a fatality there will be more marches. if everyone learns that all you need to do to prevent yourself from being arrested is to resist then the arrest powers of the police no longer have any bearing on the enforcement angle.

Jo
....EXPERTS in their fields kill HUNDREDS of innocents = pilots and military-because they are HUMAN
..you can have the best trained and smart person as a cop--he can and will make a mistake
...these idiots saying the cops should do it differently would do the same things

Are you really saying that you would have just stayed there with your knee on George Taylor's neck for nearly nine minutes while everyone was telling you something was wrong?
Floyd died of natural causes, sudden cardiac arrest, while in police custody. The knee on his neck was nowhere near his carotid arteries or larynx so it was irrelevant to his death.

You intentionally avoided answering my question. Would you have stayed there with your knee on someone's neck for nearly 9 minutes while everyone was telling you something was wrong?
....he was trying to restrain him because he was a jackass resister--I would not let him go

He was restrained. You don't even believe what you say. If you prefer prison over forgoing ignorance, so be it.
He was restrained by the knee on his neck and another cop's knee on his hips, neither of which caused his death.

Look at when John Hinckley shot Ronald Reagan. You had a whole army of armed men seeing a gunman shoot three people, yet not a single shot was fired by the police or the secret service. And the gunman was taken down unharmed.

If there was ever a situation where shooting a suspect was warranted, that was it. Yet they didn't shoot Hinckley, they didn't put him in a choke hold.
Not an equal situation. Hinckley was within ten feet of a dozen SS men who tackled him immediately. He had no escape route....if he did and he was running....he would absolutely have been shot.

Jo

If there was ever a situation where somebody was a danger to the public it was John Hinckley. He just shot the president and two other people. The secret service was armed with automatic weapons, yet they didn't use them to stop an assassin.

If being a danger is justification to use deadly force, why didn't they use that justification?
1.the police don't always shoot first
...with Alton Sterling, they tried everything non-lethal before they shot him
...they gave Keith Scott REPEATED verbal commands to drop the weapon--they did not ''shoot first'''
etc many examples
2.Hinckley was out of rounds [ bullets in civilian language ] --he wasn't a danger
3. hahahahah--there were lots of people around--hahhahahahaha
..you are way off target

Sterling was targeted for selling CD's and being armed. Both legal activities that are carried out by many people every weekend at flea markets.

Leave people like that alone.
.......hahahahhah--that's the problem with a lot of you libs and blacks--you don't research and/or know what really happened
..when a cop tells you to put your hands up/etc--you do it......
...so this dumbass jackass has a firearm and refusing police legal commands
....please stop your babblecrap----they tried everything non-lethal first---that's the point

No, that is what is going to end. There was no reason to try anything. Police are going to have to learn their place or the violence will escalate.

Armed.

Jo

Jo

....he was trying to restrain him because he was a jackass resister--I would not let him go

He was restrained. You don't even believe what you say. If you prefer prison over forgoing ignorance, so be it.
He was restrained by the knee on his neck and another cop's knee on his hips, neither of which caused his death.

Tell the cop you'll be his legal representation at his murder trial.

Armed.

Jo

Jo

It was a judgement call. It was only two minutes since he stopped struggling, and since the purpose of holding him down was to give him time to calm down, it was a good sign that he stopped struggling. No one at the scene realized he had already died from sudden cardiac arrest. Again, since the knee on his neck did not contribute to his death, it was irrelevant whether the cops let him up as soon and he stopped struggling or two minutes later.

lol He died from natural causes while in police custody.

You know my Dad told me I was suppose to put my hands at 10 & 2 on the steering wheel, and wait for them to approach the auto.

When they approach I would not lift my hands off the steering wheel unless they asked me for my license, ins , and registration. Then I would ask permission to go in my glove department.

I think they even told us in Drivers ED class the proper way when stopped by the police.

I think if he had not run and resisted arrest he would of not been shot.

Respect goes 2 ways, but I'm not black.

Last edited:

Armed.

Jo

Jo

Not going to fly in prison.

Armed.

Jo

Jo

Since there is no evidence that any of the cops did anything that caused Floyd's death, not only will the copse not go to prison, but they will win substantial civil suits against the state and city for damages they unfairly suffered, and then the same morons and lowlifes who are trying to destroy America now will try again.

Armed.

Jo

Jo

Due to the knee on the neck and the knee on his back.

Armed.

Jo

Jo

Since there is no evidence that any of the cops did anything that caused Floyd's death, not only will the copse not go to prison, but they will win substantial civil suits against the state and city for damages they unfairly suffered, and then the same morons and lowlifes who are trying to destroy America now will try again.
Weird you believe that even though the autopsy says it was a homicide.

Police are going to have to learn their place or the violence will escalate.

Police will all quit & then you'll see violence escalate!

Can you IMAGINE the amount of black on black murders with no police to call? No investigations? No arrests?

Can you IMAGINE the amount of black on black murders with no police to call? No investigations? No arrests?

They aren't going to quit. And think about what you are saying.......

"Unless we allow the police exemptions from the law they are sworn to protect and we ignore unnecessary violence, they will quit".

Is that really what you want to argue?

Armed.

Jo

Jo

Due to the knee on the neck and the knee on his back.
Neither the knee on his neck nor the knee on his lower back, actually his hips, had anything to do with his death. He died of sudden cardiac arrest, not from lack of air to his lungs or blood to his brain.

Jo

Because it was a very compact and crowded location with cars blocking views. Pretty dumb question and attempt to compare.

Armed.

Jo

Jo

Weird you believe that even though the autopsy says it was a homicide.
The autopsy did say it was a homicide but provided no explanation for how anything the police did led to Floyd's sudden cardiac arrest. Apparently the coroner couldn't find any link to anything the police did.

Armed.

Jo

Jo

I though his name was Floyd. Your intensity of outrage would be Fake if you can’t get the name right

One officer asked if they should roll him on his side, since prone positions are known to cause breathing problems. ref SIDS.

They aren't going to quit. And think about what you are saying.......

"Unless we allow the police exemptions from the law they are sworn to protect and we ignore unnecessary violence, they will quit".

Is that really what you want to argue?

It's pretty much unavoidable. They do have IA departments.....nuff said.

Jo

Forum List

Back