"Unarmed" Black Man Killed By Two White Officers In Atlanta Last Night

I've seen them call a thug with a brick in one hand and a machete in the other "UNARMED".

I don't call that unarmed!

It doesn't matter if he had the taser...
Reaching for it makes him Technically
Armed.

Jo

He was attempting to stop them from using it on him. Does that make for additional charges? Yes. Does that give you the excuse to shoot someone while running away? No.

I'm not totally unsympathetic to your argument. However if we must live with enforcement we must also accept the fact that that enforcement is not going to be perfect. Eventually some form of restraint system will have to be developed that allows for the containment of physically large
Detainees who have decided that they are not going to cooperate. Then when that restraint system causes a fatality there will be more marches. if everyone learns that all you need to do to prevent yourself from being arrested is to resist then the arrest powers of the police no longer have any bearing on the enforcement angle.
In effect we lose the enforcement altogether.

Jo
....EXPERTS in their fields kill HUNDREDS of innocents = pilots and military-because they are HUMAN
..you can have the best trained and smart person as a cop--he can and will make a mistake
...these idiots saying the cops should do it differently would do the same things

Are you really saying that you would have just stayed there with your knee on George Taylor's neck for nearly nine minutes while everyone was telling you something was wrong?
Floyd died of natural causes, sudden cardiac arrest, while in police custody. The knee on his neck was nowhere near his carotid arteries or larynx so it was irrelevant to his death.

Due to the knee on the neck and the knee on his back.
Neither the knee on his neck nor the knee on his lower back, actually his hips, had anything to do with his death. He died of sudden cardiac arrest, not from lack of air to his lungs or blood to his brain.

Yes it did.

I've seen them call a thug with a brick in one hand and a machete in the other "UNARMED".

Armed.

Jo

He was attempting to stop them from using it on him. Does that make for additional charges? Yes. Does that give you the excuse to shoot someone while running away? No.

I'm not totally unsympathetic to your argument. However if we must live with enforcement we must also accept the fact that that enforcement is not going to be perfect. Eventually some form of restraint system will have to be developed that allows for the containment of physically large
Detainees who have decided that they are not going to cooperate. Then when that restraint system causes a fatality there will be more marches. if everyone learns that all you need to do to prevent yourself from being arrested is to resist then the arrest powers of the police no longer have any bearing on the enforcement angle.

Jo
....EXPERTS in their fields kill HUNDREDS of innocents = pilots and military-because they are HUMAN
..you can have the best trained and smart person as a cop--he can and will make a mistake
...these idiots saying the cops should do it differently would do the same things

Are you really saying that you would have just stayed there with your knee on George Taylor's neck for nearly nine minutes while everyone was telling you something was wrong?
I though his name was Floyd. Your intensity of outrage would be Fake if you can’t get the name right

I had been discussing Breonna Taylor. I suppose it's hard to keep all the bad policing straight at times.

Police are going to have to learn their place or the violence will escalate.

Police will all quit & then you'll see violence escalate!

Can you IMAGINE the amount of black on black murders with no police to call? No investigations? No arrests?

They aren't going to quit. And think about what you are saying.......

"Unless we allow the police exemptions from the law they are sworn to protect and we ignore unnecessary violence, they will quit".

Is that really what you want to argue?

It's pretty much unavoidable. They do have IA departments.....nuff said.

Jo

Well you run with that.

Armed.

Jo

Jo

Floyd died of natural causes, sudden cardiac arrest, while in police custody. The knee on his neck was nowhere near his carotid arteries or larynx so it was irrelevant to his death.

You intentionally avoided answering my question. Would you have stayed there with your knee on someone's neck for nearly 9 minutes while everyone was telling you something was wrong?
It was a judgement call. It was only two minutes since he stopped struggling, and since the purpose of holding him down was to give him time to calm down, it was a good sign that he stopped struggling. No one at the scene realized he had already died from sudden cardiac arrest. Again, since the knee on his neck did not contribute to his death, it was irrelevant whether the cops let him up as soon and he stopped struggling or two minutes later.

One of the other officers told him he had no pulse.

They all can explain it to their new prison buddies.
lol He died from natural causes while in police custody.

Not going to fly in prison.
Since there is no evidence that any of the cops did anything that caused Floyd's death, not only will the copse not go to prison, but they will win substantial civil suits against the state and city for damages they unfairly suffered, and then the same morons and lowlifes who are trying to destroy America now will try again.
Weird you believe that even though the autopsy says it was a homicide.
The autopsy did say it was a homicide but provided no explanation for how anything the police did led to Floyd's sudden cardiac arrest. Apparently the coroner couldn't find any link to anything the police did.
Obviously you forgot your dictionary. Do you know what homicide means?

It was a judgement call. It was only two minutes since he stopped struggling, and since the purpose of holding him down was to give him time to calm down, it was a good sign that he stopped struggling. No one at the scene realized he had already died from sudden cardiac arrest. Again, since the knee on his neck did not contribute to his death, it was irrelevant whether the cops let him up as soon and he stopped struggling or two minutes later.
One officer asked if they should roll him on his side, since prone positions are known to cause breathing problems. ref SIDS.
The autopsy was clear that Floyd did not die of asphyxiation but of cardiac arrest so his position on the ground is irrelevant.

Armed.

Jo

Jo

I though his name was Floyd. Your intensity of outrage would be Fake if you can’t get the name right

I had been discussing Breonna Taylor. I suppose it's hard to keep all the bad policing straight at times.

Breonna Taylor's death was really horrendous. People should be indicted in her case.

One officer asked if they should roll him on his side, since prone positions are known to cause breathing problems. ref SIDS.
The autopsy was clear that Floyd did not die of asphyxiation but of cardiac arrest so his position on the ground is irrelevant.

No it wasn't.

Armed.

Jo

Jo

You intentionally avoided answering my question. Would you have stayed there with your knee on someone's neck for nearly 9 minutes while everyone was telling you something was wrong?
A really big

Armed.

Jo

Jo

Thank you for the correction, I admit my error and will correct your error in that’s its bad behavior and not bad policing

Armed.

Jo

Jo

Since there is no evidence that any of the cops did anything that caused Floyd's death, not only will the copse not go to prison, but they will win substantial civil suits against the state and city for damages they unfairly suffered, and then the same morons and lowlifes who are trying to destroy America now will try again.
The autopsy did say it was a homicide but provided no explanation for how anything the police did led to Floyd's sudden cardiac arrest. Apparently the coroner couldn't find any link to anything the police did.
Obviously you forgot your dictionary. Do you know what homicide means?
Yes, and if you knew what it meant, you wouldn't ask such a stupid question. It means Floyd was killed intentionally, but for that to make sense, the report would have to specify exactly what act caused his death by intention, which it does not.

Armed.

Jo

Jo

Breonna Taylor's death was really horrendous. People should be indicted in her case.

If they are cleared I believe the violence will escalate.

No it wasn't.
If you cannot specify exactly how it his position on the ground caused cardiac arrest, you have no rational grounds for claiming it was relevant to his death.

Armed.

Jo

Jo

Coroners don't actually make that call dude. They are supposed render a neutral scientific analysis....the tag homicide is added by the Commonwealth codes after the analysis indicates what caused death.

Jo

Armed.

Jo

Jo

Tough shit....

Jo

Armed.

Jo

Jo

....the BLACKman OJ murdered 2 WHITE people [not criminals ] and blacks voted him not guilty....whites did not vandalize/use violence--- the system is not perfect...but that's why Africa is a shithole, US black communities are shitholes, they graduate at lower levels and commit crime at higher levels= because they are violent/etc for unjustifiable reasons
..they don't accept fair/legal/just court systems = they are uncivilized
etc

Last edited:

Armed.

Jo

Jo

We expect that the addled Fake emoter criminals will react to attempts to stop their violence by exhibiting more violence.

If I shoot someone that is running away I get charged with a crime. Should they have found him and arrested him? Absolutely.

Police are allowed per SCOTUS to do that if the person is considered a threat. And some states also have laws permitting that as well.

Officers tasers are real close to their guns.
Nap head could have just have easily grabbed the officer's gun in an Acme second!
I'm glad nap head is taking a dirt nap.
Well lookee here, I just made a pun!

No it wasn't.
If you cannot specify exactly how it his position on the ground caused cardiac arrest, you have no rational grounds for claiming it was relevant to his death.

No it wasn't.
what causes pulmonary parenchyma is diffusely congested and edematous? and don't say covid. just because he didn't mention asphyxiation doesn't mean it didn't happen. Actually his report didn't mention much.

In most cases, heart problems cause pulmonary edema. But fluid can accumulate for other reasons, including pneumonia, exposure to certain toxins and medications, trauma to the chest wall, and visiting or exercising at high elevations.

Pulmonary edema that develops suddenly (acute pulmonary edema) is a medical emergency requiring immediate care. Pulmonary edema can sometimes be fatal, but the outlook improves if you get treated quickly. Treatment for pulmonary edema varies depending on the cause but generally includes supplemental oxygen and medications.

Last edited:

Apologies if the video does not work but you can find them on twitter.

I put "unarmed" because that is the narrative and yet he clearly physically fought the officers and stole their taser. They shot him while running away. Atlanta will burn again tonight and probably several other cities.

It will be interesting to see how the media plays this. He was being arrested for DUI and CLEARLY fights the officers and CLEARLY steals their taser. But then they shoot him while running away which I am sure will cause the uproar. I ask the simple question of why people think it is okay to and then celebrate people blatantly fighting law enforcement? The disregard for authority and the fact that people think they are above rules was a problem with a generation in this country BEFORE George Floyd. Now? Forget it. I am sure the massive anti-police narrative fueled this guy's fire here in his fight of the officers. That or he was just drunk/stoned out of his mind.

From the cops perspective...I do not know what the "playbook" says if a perp steals their taser. It probably says shoot. Did they have to shoot if he is running away? Probably not. It is hard to see who shoots him...is it a cop out of the screen who the perp is running towards? That changes things completely. The anti-police movement will say they could have shot him in the leg. I will say the asshole could have not fought the officers and stole their taser.

Justified shooting. The truth has always been: fight with police, expect to die or get maimed. Police represent authority, the rule of law, the line between barbarism and order. Defy authority with violence, a freight train of violence is gonna run you down. I see we're redefining the term bleeding heart liberal in this thread. What is it these days with all the anti-authority people? You see it everywhere, people trying to find exceptions to the rule of law and order, trying to defend the never was right to commit crimes without punishment.

Forum List

Back