Under Obamacare, N.Y. Insurance Rates DROP 50%

This is one of those 3 types of liars examples. Liars, Damned Liars, and statisticians. Statistics can and are manipulated constantly in our society.

It is my understanding that this new Obamacare law makes purchasing insurance possible even if you are already sick (comparable to your house being on fire). I don't know how quickly one can do this though.

You can buy insurance in the exchanges during open enrollment, which (after this year) will be the same as the Medicare open enrollment period: seven weeks out of the year, from October 15 to December 7. Coverage bought during that period can be effective as of January 1 the following year. It's not effective instantaneously, nor can you buy it anytime you like.

You can't buy it in the ambulance and assume all your costs are going to be borne by someone else. The guaranteed issue rules don't free you of the burden of being responsible, they free you of the burden of being unfairly penalized for a medical history that's out of your control. If you want to be irresponsible, you'll still get burned.

It is my understanding that this new Obamacare law makes purchasing insurance possible even if you are already sick (comparable to your house being on fire). I don't know how quickly one can do this though.

You can buy insurance in the exchanges during open enrollment, which (after this year) will be the same as the Medicare open enrollment period: seven weeks out of the year, from October 15 to December 7. Coverage bought during that period can be effective as of January 1 the following year. It's not effective instantaneously, nor can you buy it anytime you like.

You can't buy it in the ambulance and assume all your costs are going to be borne by someone else. The guaranteed issue rules don't free you of the burden of being responsible, they free you of the burden of being unfairly penalized for a medical history that's out of your control. If you want to be irresponsible, you'll still get burned.

by who and how?

oh and nice to see you surface, have you been given your talking points?

The prices in California, along with those announced in Washington, Vermont and other states, show that premiums under "Obamacare" can be more affordable than had previously been thought. Consumer advocates welcomed the new exchange. "

One wonders how many dozens more states will need to see the price of standard package of benefits fall next year before the reality sinks in: competition does work!

The track record for 2014 premium reveals thus far is quite good.

Can anyone explain the mechanism which is supposed to make this happen?

Why would anyone even buy insurance if they aren't sick? 308 USD a month is still a huge sum. You could easily take care of routine check ups with that and then buy insurance if it seemed like the costs are going to sky rocket. (This kind of behavior would of course make insurance prices sky rocket).

Or are they just playing a trick on us? 1000 plan that covers everything vs. 300 plan that covers pretty much nothing?

Why do you think the unions are screaming. Their members are going to lose the cadillac plans they have and be forced into the exchanges that offer nothing.

Last edited:

by who and how?

Indeed! And delighted to see premiums fall in yet another state.

A familiar pattern at this point.

uh huh, so..

by who and how?

Who: insurers lowering their prices.

How: market competition.

don't smokescreen......

by who and how?

A 50% reduction in health insurance premiums doesn't quite follow the current right wing script for Obamacare.

I have confidence Republicans can cover this setback.

:)

don't smokescreen......

by who and how?

You get burned by incurring expenses you can't afford. Because you're uninsured.

Luckily, folks no longer have to worry about that.

In other news, individual market premiums in New York are dropping by 50%. Yowza!

Health Plan Cost for New Yorkers Set to Fall 50%

ndividuals buying health insurance on their own will see their premiums tumble next year in New York State as changes under the federal health care law take effect, state officials are to announce on Wednesday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/17/h...t-for-new-yorkers-set-to-fall-50.html?hp&_r=0

Republicans are talking to themselves!

:)

Obamacare is a UNITED NATIONS AGENDA 21 program. It's means to increase DEATH!
Its the same thing BILL AND HILL tried to get through.

As Lenin said, the first step is socialized Medicine , the system would not work without it.

I might be wrong in my claim, but I'm sure I can tie it to them. Its late in the day and I'm tried.

But Obamacare means DEATH! its not about health. Sorry to say. Free Video

The news just announced that they are delaying the individual mandate until 2015 too.

Soon more states will announce their new rates and those too will be below current ones.

The ACA will be shown to be a limited success, but a success none the less.

Forum List

Back